Last Guard

Started by Astarathia, 21-06-2010

Astarathia

Last Guard

Information

The "Last Guard" is a small Union of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.s to protect each other and the Zone from the bandit-threatment. The story of Last Guard is the story of a young woman called Tanja Keselowic. She grew up outside of Kiev in a rotten old wood shack. Even if that shack seemed abandoned, her family lived in there. Tanja always wanted to do something big, but her family had no money. Always if she wanted or even needed something her parents told her that there was no money for it... untill one special day. A letter arrived at their house. It had an official seeming envelope. It was a scholarship for a college in Moscow. For Tanja a dream became true. Even if her family wanted to keep her, she decided to go to the college. She literarely had to go, since her family still had no money to buy her a taxi, nor a train ticket. They couldn't even afford a bus ticket.  After about two weeks she finally arrived in Moscow. It took her some time to find her school, but some nice people helped her. School was something completly new for her. She had friends, finally learned something about the world, and she realized she wanted to help people...

The last year of school she spent with sending letters of applications to the police, the Military and other safety organistations. But for some reason they all didn't want her... Maybe the problem was that she just had a problem with writing words right. She even started writing Applications to jobs she didn't even want to do, but for the money. They all, really all, denied her. She was frustrated. She sent three more letters. Two of them were denied. The thid one, she didn't even know wich company she sent that letter to, was accepted. She was happy, but when she read what she should do,  she sent a letter back that she didn't want the job anymore. They wanted her to strip in a bar, even if she applied to be a bartender there. There just seemed to be one way to make money for her (  a way that did not contain her stripping or something. ), she had to go into the Zone and make money with Artifacts...

She left the college with a bag filled with food and drinks one night. The day before she had written a letter to her family, telling how sorry she was that she left the college and that she would probably never ever return. She didn't tell them where she would go. She didn't want them to die in the Zone.  They have less problems without me anyways. That was all in her mind. She started her foot-march to the Zone with only 300 rubles and a backpack filled with food and drinks...

After a foot-march of 3 weeks, she had used most of her supplies already, she finally reached the border to the Zone. She looked left and right. No Military in sight... She stepped forward. Even if it was just a step... She was criminal now... She was free...
She kept on walking, deeper into the Zone.

One noon, suddenly five men, all covered in black surrounded her. She tought she would be dead... But they "only" beat the shit out of her, stole her supplies and 200 Rubles. They left her for dead... She closed her eyes... The next morning she woke up in a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. camp with an Mp5 laying next to her. The two men saved her. She didn't know why, and she didn't know how they found her, but she really owed them one...
From that moment on she knew, she wanted to protect people like these from the damn Bandits... She went deeper into the Zone, while thinking of a method to protect these people... She needed a place where people would be save... And  she found one..
She set up her camp in a small camp wich is surrounded by stone walls... Now she needed a group of people like her, who want to protect the Zone from bandits and who also think, a light Military ranking system would be good to keep stuff in Order... The "Last Guard" was founded... And she would be the one leading these men into the fight against robbery. And even if some Loners wont join her group,  they would still be allowed inside the camp to protect them and spread the word about someone actually caring about them.  -supports because of "too many groups" do not count.

Crimzon_Reaper

-support

Allow me to expand:
Too many similar stories, groups and other cliche points.
No promising leadership.
No prospective RP coming out of making this group in particular.
Do not like an incredibly short backstory which actually details only a founder for what you wish to be a minor faction.

tl;dr: Pointless in my opinion unless you expand upon what is already written.

Ping-Pong

+Support

We need to get rid of a couple other groups who aren't active.
Most likely get rid of Shadow Corporation.
SRP Characters-
Andrick Nesterov - Outsider (No Trace, assumed dead)
Typhoon - Loner (No Trace, assumed dead)
Tolga Ostrovsky - Loner (With his brother)
Marko Drubich - Ecologist Elite (Whereabouts Unknown)

Astarathia

Quote from: Crimzon_Reaper on 21-06-2010
-support

Allow me to expand:
- Does not count, as said.

No promising leadership.
- You don't like me, so what?

- The camp is open for every loner. they could sit arround the campfire ,tell stories etc.

Do not like an incredibly short backstory which actually details only a founder for what you wish to be a minor faction.
- It's 5am ,jesus christ. Also the story of that faction is the story of the leader.

Crimzon_Reaper

Quote from: Astarathia on 21-06-2010
Quote from: Crimzon_Reaper on 21-06-2010
-support

Allow me to expand:
- Does not count, as said.
= It counts, because you're adding to the horrible pile of soon to be/dead groups, and there's no point in having a clone of those.

No promising leadership.
- You don't like me, so what?
=This is nothing to do with liking you, you haven't shown many indications of leadership material what-so-ever, nor can I trust you as a player with power.

- The camp is open for every loner. they could sit arround the campfire ,tell stories etc.
= They can do that without a group, easily.

- It's 5am ,jesus christ. Also the story of that faction is the story of the leader
= So, extremely limited, and gives no deep insight into things the faction would and would not do. And time does not matter. If you post it, it better be good.

Welek

-Support

Same as every other group, if you want a Loner group to stay alive stop being dickheads and join one that's already made, I handed over leadership of Defiance because everyone was like ya +support + support, than when the time comes around nobody wants to join.

Pawx

Let me fix my Post since you think it doesn't count, -Support

Reason:

-Thinking my Opinion doesn't matter.
-Terrible Backstory
-Not that easy to get into the Zone...
-And of course, Same Story as other Groups and Same EXACT Group as Defiance.

Now please take my Opinion into consideration besides throwing it away like trash, Thank you.

Welek

Also, don't try to call what -supports count at the very bottom, I see that.

Paintcheck

Please do not turn this into a flame war like every other fucking player group application. Astarathia, take criticism without saying "Fuck you you're wrong" and everyone else kindly post criticism politely. That is all.

And "-support due to too many groups" isn't really a -support worthy reason. Worry about the groups RP capability first, don't worry about logistics, that's the admins' job.

Zen

-Support,
People above me summed it up.

jaik

-SUPPORT

-Cliched backstory
-Terrible style of writing the backstory.
-Some parts don't make much sense, for example the part where your character crossed the border of The Zone.
-Your application didn't prove any experience in leadership.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Turkey

+Support

Don't listen to them..

Also for all the people posting -supports, Don't post. There is no need for you to post saying you don't like it, If you don't like it, Don't post.

K?

Pawx

Quote from: Alexander Degtyarev on 24-06-2010
+Support

Don't listen to them..

Also for all the people posting -supports, Don't post. There is no need for you to post saying you don't like it, If you don't like it, Don't post.

K?

I think were allowed to post our opinions here, you don't tell me if I can or can't post here.

K?

Steel

+Support

Don't listen to them..

K?

Erm, your supposed to post + or - incase you didnt know, people post for opinions.

Turkey

Yeah, But it seems pointless, Why have someone tell they don't support? Theres no need, If they don't support, They don't post.

jaik

Yeah, But it seems pointless, Why have someone tell they don't support? Theres no need, If they don't support, They don't post.

I think OP asked you to defend him.
Your +support reason sounds stupid, IMO.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Pawx

Quote from: Jake on 24-06-2010

I think OP asked you to defend him.
Your +support reason sounds stupid, IMO.

Detective Jake strikes again, anyways, We are also posting OPINIONS that can help her work on her group. Take that into consideration.

Turkey

Nope, She didn't ask me. It's no fun to have peeps posting "No NO NO NON ONSOFNSDIOFNSDGSDJGJOSDGHOSDRG SDG -Support" 

Whats the point of -support?? It doesn't change the fact that 15 supports get her group accepted

ISPYUDIE

We've been using the + support - support system for a while, your meant to be able to state your opinion and give constructive criticism for the OP, no need to rant at people whom do not agree.

lolKieck

Nope, She didn't ask me. It's no fun to have peeps posting "No NO NO NON ONSOFNSDIOFNSDGSDJGJOSDGHOSDRG SDG -Support" 

Whats the point of -support?? It doesn't change the fact that 15 supports get her group accepted

If somebody supports and another one -supports, the support doesn't count. If you don't like the system, then don't argue and live on with it.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Paintcheck

HOLY FUCK YOU GUYS

How hard is it to stay on topic? It seems every time someone posts a group application it devolves into shit like this. STAY ON TOPIC.

Genesis

Pretty much -exactly- like Defiance. However, I am not going to -support this because we need more active groups. And, I can also recommend that Defiance is removed from the faction list, since they have faded away and no longer exist on the server.

Welek

Quote from: Genesis on 25-06-2010
Pretty much -exactly- like Defiance. However, I am not going to -support this because we need more active groups. And, I can also recommend that Defiance is removed from the faction list, since they have faded away and no longer exist on the server.

Bitch at mad combat, they're around.

Welek

Quote from: Welek on 25-06-2010
Quote from: Genesis on 25-06-2010

Or not maybe, I'm not sure I'll find out somehow.

lolKieck

Every loner or other Player-based group goes dead. Sometimes it's the leader, sometimes the MEMBERS. We need Asta to say if the group still exists. New start means that she maybe left the pending group. If this group will be an exception, I'll happily +support it. This group would be a good one if the members would stay active. The same with leader.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒