SRP Administration Discussion

Started by Silver Knight, 01-05-2010

Aresty

It is damn right. Players should know when to say: Okay ,we DM'ed him once, better stop. But you didn't, from what I understand you and the group of 4 players kept on killing the new guy.

Khorn

Again, I clawed corpses at spawn, only killed him once at warehouses.

But thanks to Plunger, it has become clear to me how HGN works.

jaik

Quote from: Khorn on 30-05-2010
Again, I clawed corpses at spawn, only killed him once at warehouses.

But thanks to Plunger, it has become clear to me how HGN works.

Don't rage, my boy.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Khorn

I fail to see the rage you are talking about, sport.

Ping-Pong

Quote from: Plunger on 30-05-2010
Quote from: Khorn on 30-05-2010
So, in other words, it's ok to join the server with a different name and just insta-ban anyone breaking rules? And again, this isn't about trying to make an excuse for DMing, I said I was stupid to kill once. And after the first kill I stopped.

This is about how you went straight to banning players with no regard to the rules Exile made.
LastxExile was DM'ed by Ping-Pong, and immediately banned him.

It's true, but I was unbanned shortly for kissing ass. *Wink* Then I came back a year after it happened and actually roleplayed, seeing that it was so much fun.
SRP Characters-
Andrick Nesterov - Outsider (No Trace, assumed dead)
Typhoon - Loner (No Trace, assumed dead)
Tolga Ostrovsky - Loner (With his brother)
Marko Drubich - Ecologist Elite (Whereabouts Unknown)

Bielecki

To be honest I feel that was a very sly move of you Plunger.

I understand that Khorn is a good member of HGN, you simple lured him into a unfair trap.

Khorn

All I can say is that like 2 people asked me to kill him, so I walked after him to the warehouse. I tried to give him a chance to run. But whatever. I'm over it now.

I understand now that people are just gonna interpret the rules in ways they see fit.
Both admins and players alike.

Duranblackraven

Try reading the small print and disclaimer on the donator info. Admins have the right to take any donator related things away from you for whatever reason they see fit. Keep this in mind when you break the rules even SLIGHTLY. If you do things right with your flags you'll give them no reason to think about taking it away, but god help you when you decide to fuck up.

Khorn

Quote from: Duranblackraven on 30-05-2010
Try reading the small print and disclaimer on the donator info. Admins have the right to take any donator related things away from you for whatever reason they see fit. Keep this in mind when you break the rules even SLIGHTLY. If you do things right with your flags you'll give them no reason to think about taking it away, but god help you when you decide to fuck up.

Again, I say,  it's not about the flags.

Lucidius

People should be reporting these as they happen, not weeks/months after the fact.

People shouldn't use other people breaking the rules as an excuse to exempt themselves from the rules. "So and So did it so, I can do it too."

Most admins shouldn't be heavily involved with factions (it causes darma lawl), nor have the ability to remove donator flags _at a fucking whim_. If some one's abusing a flag, they can be banned/removed from the server, removing the flag with the in-ability to add it is fucking stupid, especially considering it costs money. Also keep in mind how often people get admin and how often people _abuse it without getting it removed_. I've seen most admins be completely exempted from rules or get a slight slap on the wrists I've said this in another thread, but admin status needs to be less permanent If some one fucks with it, remove it If you feel they've matured a bit, give it back and if they fuck with it again just bar them from it.

I've run servers before and people DO change when you fucking remove their admin powers. Showing that you will do nothing/very little when they abuse it will only result in people abusing it. Same basic princible for raising a kid.

IDTTTTTT ( I don't think they thought that through thorougly)
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Duranblackraven

Actually, it partially is. Him taking your flag runs right in with the banning and other things that make him apearantly unfit for admin duty. I only addressed a small part of the problem, yes, I didn't address the fact it seems everyone got the same punishment, which should keep it from happening again. And no, he shouldn't have had to warn you. Why? Because it shouldn't have been done in the first place at all.

Lucidius

Quote from: Duranblackraven on 30-05-2010And no, he shouldn't have had to warn you. Why? Because it shouldn't have been done in the first place at all.

Agreed. Too many grudges around here.

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Plunger

Quote from: Bielecki on 30-05-2010

I understand that Khorn is a good member of HGN, you simple lured him into a unfair trap.
The point of undercover is finding out how they react to noobs when admins aren't on. Which we found is DM'ing them.

Lucidius

Quote from: Plunger on 30-05-2010

The point of undercover is finding out how they react to noobs when admins aren't on. Which we found is DM'ing them.

It's sly for you to catch us red handed. Shame on you plunger.

You should follow rules regardless of admin presence or not.

My Profile[/b][/size]

Chaos

Unfair? So it's okay to break rules when admins aren't present, it's unfair that he didn't know an admin was on? You shouldn't be breaking rules like this regardless if there's an admin on or not.
Edit: Ehh, Ludicris, I just saw your post after I wrote the above, I didn't copy you even though it seems like I did.

Khorn

I guess I'm the only person to have ever broken rules, damn...

Turkey

ThY is the greatest!? WHO FORGOT ABOUT HIM? :D

RG4ORDR

I don't friendly sucker and he help on my character ICly from getting killed by the Mili
er

jaik

Quote from: RG4ORDR on 31-05-2010
I don't friendly sucker and he help on my character ICly from getting killed by the Mili

How is this even related to the topic?
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Steel

Quote from: RG4ORDR on 31-05-2010

I dont agree with friendly/neutural suckers AT ALL.
As much as i love ThY.

Smirnoff

To add my little comment to the discussion, what i think he meant with unfair is that, imagine someone holding sugar in their hands, and his waving it infront of you.
You want it and after a few minutes you decide to take it, only to find out it was a trap and that he now has a reason to ban you, because thats the way i see it, plunger setting up a trap to get someone to ban.

Now, i was not on at that time, and neither have i been on in a lot of months, so it may sound totally stupid, but as i said, this is only my way of seeing it after reading the posts on the forum.

//SmirnoFF
"|HGN| G-Man: Dont know what loli is, but i'd lie if I said I havn't seen some of that hentai stuff."

Plunger

Quote from: Smirnoff on 02-06-2010
To add my little comment to the discussion, what i think he meant with unfair is that, imagine someone holding sugar in their hands, and his waving it infront of you.
You want it and after a few minutes you decide to take it, only to find out it was a trap and that he now has a reason to ban you, because thats the way i see it, plunger setting up a trap to get someone to ban.

Now, i was not on at that time, and neither have i been on in a lot of months, so it may sound totally stupid, but as i said, this is only my way of seeing it after reading the posts on the forum.

//SmirnoFF
Dutch wasn't even harming anyone, I hardly see how Dutch sitting in spawn with the name Strelok is asking to be deathmatched.

Cutch

When I was in iRiS one of the admins did the exact same thing Plunger did. I see nothing wrong with it as it proves that people act differently without admins on and are more prone to breaking the rules.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Turkey

Quote from: Cutch on 04-06-2010
When I was in iRiS one of the admins did the exact same thing Plunger did. I see nothing wrong with it as it proves that people act differently without admins on and are more prone to breaking the rules.

It's not about no admins being on, It's about tempted to make someone who annoys this shit out of everyone ragequit. "strelok: i have a gun plz?"

Duranblackraven

Meh, I know this'll just start a flame war as quick as running into a pool of gas while on fire. I have problems with Plunger/Alucard/Layton/wtfever. It mixes with both admin duties and RP. The first bit in the problem is him letting a passive faction like the Eco's raid a mercenary base to take it as their own. I don't remember anywhere that the eco's bring up arms aginst MERCS of all things in the Zone, and openly start conflict.

Another is his nack for holding some sort of grudge. A lot of bullshit stuff has been going on with him involving me. One was the merc base (And no, I'm not mad over losing the base, I'm mad over how uncanon he lets the ecos act), his Monolithian killing a mutant character of mine, and apon recently getting kicked for "Starting OOC fighting.". K, RG comes in and I joke with: "Ah! Kill RG and his 900+ ping!", because yes, 900+ ping is a 'HOLY SHIT!' type of thing, though that obviously is worth a straight kick for OOC fighting when all the other things I see in OOC which IS fighting is met with a slap on the wrist.