SRP Administration Discussion

Started by Silver Knight, 01-05-2010

Frostee

If I was ever given the chance to be an admin for SRP, sure, I'd take it because I like helping people crap, and its annoying as hell when people start derping when admins aren't on >_>

Duranblackraven

Do not derail this thread with your attempts to get trial operator status on the HGN SRP server. This is the only warning that will be issued.

meetdadoom

Although I personally think that Frosty is too young and immature to be an Admin, I think he raises a good point. We need some new admins. I think it is time that the admins get together and start making a list of people who seem fit for Adminship.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Duranblackraven

It has already been done recently. You don't know what we've done behind the scenes.

Khorn

Quote from: Duranblackraven on 28-08-2011
Do not derail this thread with your attempts to get trial operator status on the HGN SRP server. This is the only warning that will be issued.

I don't know if your directing this to me, but I'm already an admin for FORP. Which is what I was sorta refering to. But I can't play due to an annoying issue.

I can't join SRP server 1 or FORP. So. Any solutions would help.

Tom

Quote from: Khorn on 28-08-2011
Quote from: Duranblackraven on 28-08-2011

I don't know if your directing this to me, but I'm already an admin for FORP. Which is what I was sorta refering to. But I can't play due to an annoying issue.

I can't join SRP server 1 or FORP. So. Any solutions would help.

Nah bro he's directing it at FrostyFrosty cause he was all like "Omg If I got admin I'd be super fly" and. . . yeah. . .
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

jaik

I never actually complain about anything publicly but since I've already stumbled upon this thread I might as well as write a small paragraph on the current problems(not all of them, as that will take more than decade to document every issue here) that are lying in SRP at this moment.

The very first problem in this admin team is that it usually does not seem to care about anything except themselves and that means the admins don't have any wish to make SRP or the community itself any better, in a sense that nobody will volunteer to contribute something, and if they do, it often counts as a 'favor' done for the players which is an unacceptable attitude, frankly. Actually on a more closer observation, you can find that the punishments are handed out with most absolute shortsightedness. The statement might seem like a blatant exaggeration, but it hardly is if you will care to listen to both sides and try to understand BOTH of them, not the one that you like the most because of any reason ( mostly it's just elitism ), however it doesn't always count for every case, I'm just speaking from my experience here. I won't name anyone yet, but it should be obvious for anyone that experienced this as well.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Goose

QuoteThe very first problem in this admin team is that it usually does not seem to care about anything except themselves

First off all, this is untrue in so many ways, Just because you don't see something doesn't mean it doesn't happen, I.E Safeboxes are needed myself unless i am doing something important will more then gladly hop on to place a few for the players if only they ask, And we never ask for anything in return.

Quotein a sense that nobody will volunteer to contribute something, and if they do, it often counts as a 'favor' done for the players which is an unacceptable attitude

As well Alot of the admins have been running rather large events recently to help advance the story line in which place major events are taking, I fail to see how that is an admin doing anything for themselves what so ever. If something stupid happens when we are on the server we more often then not go out of the way to help resolve the problems.

Quotefrankly. Actually on a more closer observation, you can find that the punishments are handed out with most absolute shortsightedness.
Punishments are short sighted? How do you get off on this claim, You were banned for making a direct attack on another member, Not mentioning names, But by going after them and calling them a furry for no reason what so every it was entirely unprovoked, Now if this is also reffering to the situation where Vortigoat called you a "FuckTard" I looked into this for at least half an hour with your meager claims and i talked to you and to Vortigoat, He was provoked by you calling him a power gamer, Now You were unhappy with my ruling in which i gave him a verbal warning to not do it again so you took it to Yorty, I know this because i talked to Yorty, I also told him i dealt with it AND before you came to me you took it to Pistol kid who also took no further action on it as it was not required how ever you kept pushing to have him banned for something you provoked him to say.

Quoteand that means the admins don't have any wish to make SRP or the community itself any better,
Now you are over stepping your limits, Where do YOU get off saying anything like this i've NEVER seen ANYTHING productive come from you aiding in the SRP server, Right now the admins are planning and carrying out an extensive reworking of the server .

Now for the final statement from me, You of everyone, Decide to say this. The person who never plays for RP, But plays for Gear, Rushes ahead in all the events hes in just to get gear, You paycheck farm, Caught on several occasions, But to prevent us from having proof of it you binned "Disconnect" To a key so you can just D/C to prevent an admin from getting credible evidence on you.
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Steven :D

Quote from: Jake on 25-01-2012
I never actually complain about anything publicly but since I've already stumbled upon this thread I might as well as write a small paragraph on the current problems(not all of them, as that will take more than decade to document every issue here) that are lying in SRP at this moment.

The very first problem in this admin team is that it usually does not seem to care about anything except themselves and that means the admins don't have any wish to make SRP or the community itself any better, in a sense that nobody will volunteer to contribute something, and if they do, it often counts as a 'favor' done for the players which is an unacceptable attitude, frankly. Actually on a more closer observation, you can find that the punishments are handed out with most absolute shortsightedness. The statement might seem like a blatant exaggeration, but it hardly is if you will care to listen to both sides and try to understand BOTH of them, not the one that you like the most because of any reason ( mostly it's just elitism ), however it doesn't always count for every case, I'm just speaking from my experience here. I won't name anyone yet, but it should be obvious for anyone that experienced this as well.
Quote from: Goose on 25-01-2012
QuoteThe very first problem in this admin team is that it usually does not seem to care about anything except themselves

First off all, this is untrue in so many ways, Just because you don't see something doesn't mean it doesn't happen, I.E Safeboxes are needed myself unless i am doing something important will more then gladly hop on to place a few for the players if only they ask, And we never ask for anything in return.

Quotein a sense that nobody will volunteer to contribute something, and if they do, it often counts as a 'favor' done for the players which is an unacceptable attitude

As well Alot of the admins have been running rather large events recently to help advance the story line in which place major events are taking, I fail to see how that is an admin doing anything for themselves what so ever. If something stupid happens when we are on the server we more often then not go out of the way to help resolve the problems.

Quotefrankly. Actually on a more closer observation, you can find that the punishments are handed out with most absolute shortsightedness.
Punishments are short sighted? How do you get off on this claim, You were banned for making a direct attack on another member, Not mentioning names, But by going after them and calling them a furry for no reason what so every it was entirely unprovoked, Now if this is also reffering to the situation where Vortigoat called you a "FuckTard" I looked into this for at least half an hour with your meager claims and i talked to you and to Vortigoat, He was provoked by you calling him a power gamer, Now You were unhappy with my ruling in which i gave him a verbal warning to not do it again so you took it to Yorty, I know this because i talked to Yorty, I also told him i dealt with it AND before you came to me you took it to Pistol kid who also took no further action on it as it was not required how ever you kept pushing to have him banned for something you provoked him to say.

Quoteand that means the admins don't have any wish to make SRP or the community itself any better,
Now you are over stepping your limits, Where do YOU get off saying anything like this i've NEVER seen ANYTHING productive come from you aiding in the SRP server, Right now the admins are planning and carrying out an extensive reworking of the server .

Now for the final statement from me, You of everyone, Decide to say this. The person who never plays for RP, But plays for Gear, Rushes ahead in all the events hes in just to get gear, You paycheck farm, Caught on several occasions, But to prevent us from having proof of it you binned "Disconnect" To a key so you can just D/C to prevent an admin from getting credible evidence on you.

You really just want to have Jake banned, don't you?

1). I agree with Goose on this, Admins place them when they have time.
2). I agree with Jake, mainly because I have seen alot of laziness, including my own, however I'm saying this regarding most of the playerbase who do things for 'favors' I haven't really seen an admin demand a 'Favor' so for the Other part, I also agree with Goose.
3). Banned for saying "Furry" what. Banned for saying "FuckTard" also what. I have nothing to say on that.
4). Where are the reform plans? As I see none.

Goose

The reform plans are posted in the arp hidden boards as there is -Alot- of stuff in progress and changes/updates to what we have proposed and are working on
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Knife_cz

Just one question about the safeboxes - admins are saying that they will place it for when they have time, I am alright with that.
But why aren't the safeboxes simply static, like they used to be before?I mean they just were on some places and couldn't be removed by crashes or anything.
And to admins, I guess some TO's should be promoted.
Not a complaint, just saying, this is ducussion not complaints.
One more thing, Commisar is gone for some time now...so yeah

Goose

Sv's are required to static props and as far as I know thy hasn't gotten around to it yet so wait out on that.

jaik

Quote from: Goose on 25-01-2012

This actually proves my point of the general maturity(and their view on things) of the administration(which I excluded from my brief post because it would cause a way more radical reaction) and how it handles and any complaints directed towards them. Simply because most of what you said is based solely on your own opinion and I consider the fact that you're You I won't take what you said really seriously, because you've got absolutely nothing to back up what you said about me. You don't actually know me, you never roleplayed with me nor have our conversations had went deeper than a petty insult at the end of them. You made a completely empty statement about me based on what you heard or assumed, congratulations.
And really, you're going to call me out for calling somebody a 'furry', when he ACTUALLY HE IS ONE? I didn't know I've committed a crime of such high level of importance, may I ask for your forgiveness now.
Besides, you're saying that making safeboxes(also being the only thing you can tell about contribution?) require a hell lot of effort, or something? I honestly don't see how much effort does it take to write the command '/safeboxadd' and then making it static by aiming at it and typing '/addmapentity'/'/setmapentity'. I've been the supervisor of FRP and know pretty well how much time does something take and I can admit that this takes almost none, and this part isn't directly pointed at Goose.

Goose

Okay dipshit when did I say it was hard it was you making the fucking comment I will deal with complaints about me with the person but when you attack the admin team as a hole an are a general douche on the server that no one wants to help no that is not going I slide.

Making safe boxes is fuxking simple and I do it all the time boxes can only be placed by SA's and up majorit of the admin team consists of TO's now staticing I can't do because an SV is required that is something only thy can do and you  I. E Steven and the reworking of SRP and knife cz with the safe boxes, now if you have a valid complaint because the entire admin team won't be fired for your claims. I'd like to see that happen.speaking about a maturity is funny comming from a blatant troll.

If you are going to make a post make it constructive, or an actual question, all I've seen from your posts are whining. I. E Steven and the reworking of SRP and knife cz with the safe boxes, now if you have a valid complaint because the entire admin team won't be fired for your claims. I'd like to see that happen.

Vortigoat

jaik

Quote from: Goose on 26-01-2012
Okay dipshit when did I say it was hard it was you making the fucking comment I will deal with complaints about me with the person but when you attack the admin team as a hole an are a general douche on the server that no one wants to help no that is not going I slide.

Making safe boxes is fuxking simple and I do it all the time boxes can only be placed by SA's and up majorit of the admin team consists of TO's now staticing I can't do because an SV is required that is something only thy can do and you  I. E Steven and the reworking of SRP and knife cz with the safe boxes, now if you have a valid complaint because the entire admin team won't be fired for your claims. I'd like to see that happen.speaking about a maturity is funny comming from a blatant troll.

If you are going to make a post make it constructive, or an actual question, all I've seen from your posts are whining. I. E Steven and the reworking of SRP and knife cz with the safe boxes, now if you have a valid complaint because the entire admin team won't be fired for your claims. I'd like to see that happen.

Now, um...

I don't know where do you get that I want everybody in the admin team fired? I don't hate anyone nor do I hold negative emotions against somebody on the internet. I'm just trying to point out mistakes that the administration team had made, in my opinion, and this is the thread where I can and want to state it. I really don't understand why do you think I'm trying to make a personal attack against every administrator of SRP on forums. I really suggest you to read my posts that I made here earlier this day and maybe catch some advice from them.
By the way, I honestly don't know whether you have said anything on this thread except the insults that were targeted at me, but believe it or not, they tell a lot more about the administration than every post combined here. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying that every admin is acting like him, but rather the tolerance and the static attitude of Silver on these matters.

Paintcheck

Trolls trolling trolls trolls trolls.

Also Goose stop flaming. It's very hard for people to take you seriously when every response begins with "Listen up dipshit".

ThY

Sv's are required to static props and as far as I know thy hasn't gotten around to it yet so wait out on that.
You can't static safeboxes, their classed as non physical entities according to the script. I've tried my best.

Edit; ok jake told me how to do it ill try when im next on

jaik

Quote from: ThY on 26-01-2012
You can't static safeboxes, their classed as non physical entities according to the script. I've tried my best.

Worked fine on Fallout RP and Server 2, surely it also will work on S1.

Quote from: ThY on 26-01-2012
Edit; ok jake told me how to do it ill try when im next on

Gonztah

Usually when admins make events they're either A) Not accessible to people without any UBRL33T suit and weapons because "It's dangerous and its filled with psy and gases and other supernatural shit that require a SEVA/Exoskeleton+Groza/SVD to survive." (The usual case.) or B) Its accessible to everyone but then its made so hard that Rookies almost ALWAYS die and only the l33t exo skeleton clad über stalkers survive. Usually by hanging behind afraid to lose their gear...

My point is that admins need to make the events they make more rookie friendly SOMETIMES, yes there can be hard ones of course. Don't take this wrong. Having events is awesome but please make some Rookie friendly events as well. (Go scout this area. Spawn a couple of Zombies. Reward them.) And I know admins are busy but still.... And if you're making them then excuse me but I've never seen any. (Timezones go figure.)

CC

Quote from: Gonztah on 26-01-2012
Usually when admins make events they're either A) Not accessible to people without any UBRL33T suit and weapons because "It's dangerous and its filled with psy and gases and other supernatural shit that require a SEVA/Exoskeleton+Groza/SVD to survive." (The usual case.) or B) Its accessible to everyone but then its made so hard that Rookies almost ALWAYS die and only the l33t exo skeleton clad über stalkers survive. Usually by hanging behind afraid to lose their gear...

My point is that admins need to make the events they make more rookie friendly SOMETIMES, yes there can be hard ones of course. Don't take this wrong. Having events is awesome but please make some Rookie friendly events as well. (Go scout this area. Spawn a couple of Zombies. Reward them.) And I know admins are busy but still.... And if you're making them then excuse me but I've never seen any. (Timezones go figure.)

I think I know which event you are talking about; But to be fair, all of the people whom did go were preparing for something like this for a long while. Not to mention, anyone who pretty much spoke with the guy who was going with them could have easily prepared themselves by buying protective gear from the trader at the time. Now yes, the mission was dangerous and /yes/ people took the more well-armed stalkers but only mainly for the reason that they were more experienced and were more willing to go than any other stalker at the time. Another note I'd like to point out is that this event occurred three times. So while I agree that things are a little bit of collum A and collum B. .
     I believe that events are supposed to be challenging. The Zone/SRP isn't an action movie where everyone survives all the ordeals they go through; People die daily and you've got to have the survival skills to live there in order to make it from day to day. My suggestion is to show caution in events and don't go headlong into things; I don't think the problem here is that it's the 'uber stalkers' moreas it's the problem that people want to rush through things in order to become the best and 'win' SRP.
     I do fully agree that there should be /some/ rookie friendly jobs but that isn't the admin's fault entirely seeing as the traders on the server are responsible for setting up missions for fellow stalkers instead of giving ammo and weapons and then buggering off.  While I agree with some things; I can't bring myself to understand why this is entirely the admins' fault.  Players just like to sit around and wait for things to happen when there's plenty of things to do between each-other; That's what I like so much about SRP.  And timezones can be a problem, too.
      The only real advice I can give here is to just actually interact with stalkers and travel in groups..RP; Do some passive and look for stashes.  There's more to SRP than events like "There are suddenly twenty bandits storming *insert exciting place!*". I find things more enjoyable when it involves the players and the development of their characters. (Mind you I'm not saying you don't do this already. This is just some friendly advice so please don't bite my head off)

TL;DR

I agree with what you've said in many aspects but you'd enjoy SRP more if you Interacted with other players and you can find a way to enjoy your time on SRP with things other than events.

Frostee

This drama is silly.