Stalker Mission Generator "NPC" or "Contact Center"

Started by Moordact, 13-10-2009

Moordact

So what is this Mission generator?

Well this is a npc or a prop that you can talk to , it will create unique missions for stalkers in the zone.

How will you be able to make this?

Well I will be making it in lua ofc.

It will generate a specific player bound item somewhere in the map that needs to be returned to the npc by you.

You will be rewarded when you returned the item.

Progress

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||16%

What i got so far :

A moving Npc with the model /models/srp/stalker.mdl , spawning with a spas-12
When u "+use" it opens a menu .
Don't mind my englisch im Dutch!

Lucidius

Holy fuck, some one DOING SOMETHING.

Best of luck, if you run into any issues please post.

Will this generate rewards aswell? (i'm assuming so) How will it choose how expensive at most a reward can be?
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Moordact

Not gooing into that yet .

Currently working on the job menu and the buttons and stuff.

When i finished that , i'm gooing to code the part where it spawns an item somewhere in the map .

After i got that working I will be figuring out what item i can make so it has a unique player bound id and stuff.

The rewards will be based on the time it took a player to retrieve the item , but i'm not gooing into that yet.

Dug

KillSlim

Brilliant! This will certainly put pressure off of Traders and Ecologists.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Torch

If you need text for dialog trees, I can helps :V

Goose

Didn't some one try this already to create a trader pc that sold items and gave out missions and it failed anyway goodluck hope it works out.
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Chrono

This going be really good to new players

Szenti

Quote from: ||Cяنeװ|| ?Chrono? on 13-10-2009
This going be really good to new players

And to others too, I think :D

Mission: Get a bloodsuckers head.
Reward: 200RU
Description: I need a suckers head. Ohh... And get it from a living sucker.

:D

Zero

Would help the traders union, but I think people are starting to ask for missions less and less, I think they either found a source of cash, or their wising up.

Pawx

Best to luck for you, Scripting is a bitch :/

Plunger

It will take away a lot of RP and make suits and guns trivial.

Lucidius

Quote from: Plunger on 13-10-2009

Agreed, should be only able to do it once every now and then, so if no one has any missions you can atleast make a bit of money.

And couldn't some one talk to the NPC, get the quest, and then not talk to him again for 3 weeks and get a super AN-94 or something?

IMO weapons already seem pretty trivial. alot of people don't equip them, if they bought them, for fear of losing them in a lag out/crash
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Jazer

Then again, it's creating tangible gameplay that keeps players busy and out of trouble.

Seriously, I am getting pissed at people who think RP is everything. Who said RP was a gamemode by itself? Roleplay is simply a style of playing, it enhances the gameplay. Unfortunately, we don't have enough of that, leaving players just to RP virtually everything imaginable. That leads to trouble because they grow bored and begin to start to minge around. Players will be more inclined to RP with this because they are satisfying other things.

Plunger

Quote from: Lucidius on 13-10-2009

Agreed, should be only able to do it once every now and then, so if no one has any missions you can atleast make a bit of money.

And couldn't some one talk to the NPC, get the quest, and then not talk to him again for 3 weeks and get a super AN-94 or something?

IMO weapons already seem pretty trivial. alot of people don't equip them, if they bought them, for fear of losing them in a lag out/crash
I mean that every loner and their grandmother will be packing more SVD's then the Ukrainian army.

Anyways, If you could make an actual contact/PM system I'd support.

Bagelz

If that's the case, why bother making missions at all? Traders on the server give moderate rewards out at the moment, including me.

I support this fully. The last one I heard failed because it could be killed.

Moordact

it won't spawn items that can be used ingame like weapons , suits , it will only spawn items such as "a special battery" , "Missing Computer parts" , "Ingredients" , etc.

ISPYUDIE

Great work, Moordact. I hope to see it on the server.

asoldier290

In the script you have to go into hammer and gind the exact boundry coords, were the maps edges are so items wont spawn in the void and crash the server. OR you could just make a bunch of spawn points but then that would be bad because then people will automaticly run in the spawn points

Moordact

yeah i know thats why i was thinking of spawning items up in the air so it would fall down and land on random places arround the map

Jazer

Quote from: Moordact on 14-10-2009
yeah i know thats why i was thinking of spawning items up in the air so it would fall down and land on random places arround the map

That would work, it might be strange for someone watching an item fall once in a while, but it beats any other ideas that are more time consuming.

Plunger

Quote from: HostelEffect on 14-10-2009
Quote from: Moordact on 14-10-2009

That would work, it might be strange for someone watching an item fall once in a while, but it beats any other ideas that are more time consuming.
* Plunger watches the PDA fall killing a stalker.

Goose

~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

asoldier290

Well Even then so you would have to get the roof of the Skybox and the edges.

Locke

Hm, make it spawn with force, so it moves around after it is spawned.
Make it invisble until it lands maybe?