Craftsmen, improved

Started by Zarrick, 09-10-2009

Zarrick

Yeah, people Rp these, but it'd be cool for them to have a menu or somthing to that effect that needs materials, for a Makarov you'd need, I dunno...

"Metal x2, Wood x1, Gunpowder x1, Internal mechanism x1"

It'd bring a new aspect to the RP if it was to go ahead aswell.
====================================

Goose

sounds like a good idea then new players wont have to worry so much about being poor and be able to et cheap guns easier
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Lucidius

It'de definatly need to be ALOT more refined then METAL AND WOOD.

I'll come up with some things in a little bit, but this could or couldn't work. It's a hit and miss.

Back on an old old TSRP server i used to frequent, it had an RP mod so you would go to the pool on the top of mecklenbur hotel to fish, the underground area in the dewers under the bank for mining, you went to the stove to cook fish/other stuff, and it was pretty enjoyable.

Area specific activies would be cool too. So it's not like:

GOTTA GO CRAFT 20 MAKAROVS
*Cuts down 20 trees on the way to a random srapheap/broken car to get wood, and then finding gunpowder (some how?)

I've been thinking of this alot at work and Have been meaning to post it though, condition system for weapons.

They can only be repaired by specific people or in specific places (opening guns in the wilderness where there is dust blowing around = nono for repairing). Or if you wanted youcould make it a trader thing. Condition would do as it does in the ame, to less of a rate of change.

Fucking pissed me off using my rapid fire AK-74, shooting for 15 shots, and then the accuracy goes to shit and I have to top it off. It WAS fast firing but still, it happend too quickly I find, but i'de rather too quickly then never.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Tunddruff

If you made it yourself it would be really bad.

Like, BAAAAAAD

Zarrick

Wood metal and all that shit were just an example, I'm sure it'd be alot more complicated if it was implemented.

KillSlim

I have a Professional freedom Craftsman. He just takes tatty old weapons, and fixes them up to working order ICly. It's rare for him to make a weapon, at the moment he's making a customized SVD, as a present for Tenel.
It's easier to clean up and fix tattered old weapons than make one from scratch.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

asoldier290

I smell a idea of using the Resource Accumulation mod. Basically you would buy parts for a Copper maker, after that you would buy a Refiner, you need x amount of copper to refine x amount of iron. with x amout of copper and iron you can make <Insert Item> once you accumalate enough Ex you can Make better things. such as Gun parts, fireing rods, chasis, etc

KillSlim

Quote from: asoldier290 on 11-10-2009
I smell a idea of using the Resource Accumulation mod. Basically you would buy parts for a Copper maker, after that you would buy a Refiner, you need x amount of copper to refine x amount of iron. with x amout of copper and iron you can make <Insert Item> once you accumalate enough Ex you can Make better things. such as Gun parts, fireing rods, chasis, etc

This isn't Stranded mod.
Let's just RP being craftsman, RP over script in this situation.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

lolKieck

░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Dom

KillSlim

Dom

As stated above, this is not stranded if you want to roleplay collecting props then do so.

keyfoot

Maybe for advanced weapons only, or weapons that are craft only and traders dont have. And can only get the receipes, and the items neded by admin quests,

Pawx

I actually Agree with Dom, Lets take Scout for example, Loves in game items, which makes him a Bad RPer, This would make him in love with items, making his RP a ton more awful.

Probably only give this feature to Trusted People Only.

Goose

ouch dude that was hurtfull xD any way yea this idea could use improvments trusted player/apps ect but it could probly be done, all i have to say
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Romolski

Implement an actual economy.

How? Simple scripting.

In order for one to get money, this person need to either provide services (like what most STALKER's do) or sell something (such as artifacts). Now, in the server for your average player who joins, both of these are opportunities are extremely difficult to obtain. Not because they aren't presented, just that it's too far and few between to consistantly make some sort of profit or substainable existance. Being a "Rookie Loner" is a near worthless experience here because most of the roleplay that is created is within factions.

And factions tend to privatize things.

So what does one do?

Well, in the actual games, you'd go forage for objects or do missions. So why not make some sort of "automated" system that takes what really limits opportunities, which are people, out of the picture and lets loners make some sort of exisitance. I'm saying create this... system where it has a set quota of artifacts.. let us say fifteen, just for referance, that have thirty points, perhaps even more, where they can spawn (just to keep things interesting) and a random variable to what they can be (though most likely the majority would be low end). It would replenish the quota of items every... hour or two, thus providing an influx of items for the general populace a.k.a. loners to thrive on.

But how would they make money? Well, that'd be up to whether they'd want to sell it to the "outside market" directly or to a trader. Selling it "directly" via menu (one with unlimited resources) would get them a heavily reduced fraction of what selling it to an actual player might (say 40%-50% difference), therefore encouraging people to interact with traders, but not making it necessary since even traders log-off the net.

In this, you'd accomplish a system, although rudimentary, that constantly provides the opportunity for profit for the average loner who is generally stuck with nothing to do until some other player feels the need to generate roleplay (which, should I remind you, is not constant). Think of the GMS gamemode, and how you can gather mundane items by collecting them from around you. This basic instance is one of the fundemental building blocks of society and necessary for any form of sophisticated government.

Taking raw materials and turning them into a sort of profit is what built the world as we know today, and still keeps it in existance. Now, we don't really have to go to the extremes of a system like that, but take it into consideration; basic exchanges of goods is the foundation of an economy itself. Only after realising this will you then start to see the picture of how important this influx of currency is.

People argue that this isn't necessary, because these said goods can be roleplayed and so can this influx of currency.

If that is so, then why have the systems put in place at all? Why even have a credit system, or more importantly, a script in the first place? This idea of an automated system is half finished with the current scripts out there, just a little more work would set this idea in place and take a bit of work off the administrators who have to go out and put cash in the traders' hands and put items out there for loners to profit, and do what they should be doing, administrating the roleplay.

Should be included with a more intricate system. Something I concocted up in my days of development for Aftermath RP with a guy name Robro.

Rp-Over scripting for the production may or may not prove to be a useful in such a situation. Perhaps instead of manufacturing tools that make the actual product.. allow craftsmen to deploy the "workstations" as an item that can be picked up again or is constant with their inventory (never disappears). If they have the means to produce weaponry, they should be among the most trusted of the server.

Paintcheck

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

You cannot make a gun out of a log and an old pipe....at least not a gun that would be superior to anything you could buy. The Zone isn't short on weapons so it doesn't make sense that people would be hand making them as

1. Materials are limited
2. Machine shops are limited
and
3. Small parts (like, oh, say, the trigger mechanism of a modern assault rifle) is very hard to do by hand.

KillSlim has the right idea, just RP fixing up your broken guns. That is a lot more believable ICly.

Plus the coding it would take to keep track of "Nikolai's +5 Sniper rifle" would be ridiculous and unnecessary. RP it if you want but there's no reason to waste time and energy coding something like this when ICly it makes no sense and oocly there are bigger fish to fry.

Locke

Locked since this is ridiculous :\