450 Minimum Power supply

Started by KingArthur, 03-09-2009

KingArthur

Alright I have a 88000 GTX card,  but I only have a 400 watt power supply, it recommends a 450 for minimum. Anyway I could get around this? I haven't tried putting it in yet, and i don't know if it will work with this, i was thinking maybe i could de-clock it a tad to make it use less power? I dont know, suggestions? Besides "Buy a New Power supply" because i'm working on it. And to answer the question why I have it if I cant use it, I got it for free from a friend.

Tunddruff

Doesnt matter

Do you have EVERY SINGLE PCI slot and IDE/SATA power cord used? Cause if so, then yeah, get a new one.

Bacon007

Alright but the one problem is that you have to buy a new one , when i was going to get 8800gts i thought what you thought , and then i got 'No signal' everey time, so i had to get a new one why dont you try and find a cheap power supply over the net?.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Bacon007 on 11-09-2009
Alright but the one problem is that you have to buy a new one , when i was going to get 8800gts i thought what you thought , and then i got 'No signal' everey time, so i had to get a new one why dont you try and find a cheap power supply over the net?.

Cheap PSU's are generally really noisy, i had one before, sounded like a airoplane taking off.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Bacon007

True, if you want a decent psu i got a list of some brands:

Enermax
Enlight
Powerman/Leadman
Delta
Zalman
Vantec
Thermaltake
Allied

Wannabe Taco

Get a 1000 Watt Best performance of your life (I don't think i have one) D:

Tea

Bacon007

1000wat is future proof aswell right?

Wannabe Taco

Gan

or, if you are the graphical type to have the best of most things and have a fat wallet so you buy EVGA X58 motherboard, 3 GTX 285 and running them in 3-way SLI and buy a 1600W PSU on Amazon.  ;D