srp_wildterritory

Started by Raidenator, 20-12-2008

Raidenator

Photobucket link

This is "srp_wildterritory", it's a S.T.A.L.K.E.R RP map, based off the game S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl.

It includes the entire level of "Rostok", namely the "100 Rads Bar", DUTY Headquarters, several Loner camps, and the Arena.

Also included is about 2/3 of "Wild Territory", the construction yard wasteland you have to go through to reach "Lake Yantar".

There's enough space for Loners, Freedom, Mercs, DUTY (obviously), Traders, and the Barkeep.

It's been optimized the shit out of.

*Some of those pictures in the Photobucket link are from the 2006 version, so the FPS counter shows them really low.

Silver Knight

I'm disappointed, the only updates are a song which sucks and plays for two minutes, and two doors which open, that's it.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Raidenator

I optimized the hell out of it, which took me 3 days of non stop working.

It's not supposed to be drastically changed, it's supposed to be actually playable now.

The song is from S.T.A.L.K.E.R, and I added a 3D skybox.

Jazer

My bar looks better in terms of lighting.

Turnkey

Looks, "O.K" Its too blocky if you ask me. Make some destroyed/Burning Buildings
Hope you make a forrest or something.

Silver Knight

Im sorry Raidenator but the one reason why that map doesn't work, is becuase theres no outside, it's just a duty base, which isn't good for Freedom, Monolith and it's pretty pointless for missions. It needs to be cut in half, and have a huge foresty area or something.

Raidenator

Fair enough.

It was a Canon project, regardless of how it turned out.

Rohok

It looks amazing, but I think you should consider some of the suggestions these guys have said.

Silver Knight

Raidenator, don't get me wrong, your a good mapper, i just don't think you thought about all the aspecs for a stalker roleplay map, i mean, would you want to play stalker in the duty base for the whole game? If your interested, we need a few more mappers, sign up for the dev team, your input would be appeciated !

Raidenator

Nobody knew what S.T.A.L.K.E.R RP was when I started this map.

It wasn't a matter of overlooking any aspects, it just that the idea of a dense forest with derelict buildings didn't exist yet.

The input is great, but I'm probably not going to work on this any more.

I may expand it more in the future, but I'm working on other projects.