How this server should be (take 2)

Started by Jazer, 14-12-2008

Jazer

Lets start right off the bat.

1. Cut the "shoot to miss" bullshit, you can't RP a gunfight.

2. You can't play regular HL2 RP in Stalker RP. They are both different styles.

3. Don't cry like a little bitch every time you die. Even if they just wanted your gun.

4. It SHOULD be okay to kill someone for their stuff. As long as it's strategical and you follow them till they are all alone. Don't just run up to them while they are in front of people and slaughter them like some shit-ass would .

5. If you are Duty or Military, you are under control, you follow orders like they do in the real game. Don't be a bitch and just join a faction and go rogue because you wanted to spawn with guns.

6. If there is no wars, fights, killing, stealing, betraying, planning, bloodsucking, factions, bribing, or hiding. There is no STALKER RP.

7. Don't say it's not RP-like to kill. It's STALKER RP for christ sake, not HL2 RP.

8. Since this is STALKER RP, by god use your fucking OOC and IC chat correctly. If you want to use your mic, get on the Ventrillo server.

9. Not liking someone (IC) is a good enough motive to kill. It's not okay to kill someone because he is annoying on Vent (OOC). You cannot use out of characters motives to kill someone in character. It's NOT okay to kill just to laugh and see them get pissed off in OOC.

10. If I find you prop DMing, I will make sure your RP life is a living hell. I WILL kill your over and over. Prop DMing is out of character. We might have a physgun, but it's only for moving props and building.

11. Learn from your damn mistakes. For example, I was betrayed in a co-op mission. So, I don't do co-op missions anymore.

If you have something to add. Number it and post.

Cobra

I agree with this so much... 100% Support

Edit: I was sick re-read the whole thing WHAT THE FUCK.

SnakeTheFox

Quote from: HostelEffect Lets start right off the bat.

3. Don't cry like a little bitch every time you die. Even if they just wanted your gun.

4. It SHOULD be okay to kill someone for their stuff. As long as it's strategical and you follow them till they are all alone. Don't just run up to them while they are in front of people and slaughter them like some shit-ass would .

5. If you are Duty or Military, you are under control, you follow orders like they do in the real game. Don't be a bitch and just join a faction and go rogue because you wanted to spawn with guns.

6. If there is no wars, fights, killing, stealing, betraying, planning, bloodsucking, factions, bribing, or hiding. There is no STALKER RP.

7. Don't say it's not RP-like to kill. It's STALKER RP for christ sake, not HL2 RP.

8. Since this is STALKER RP, by god use your fucking OOC and IC chat correctly. If you want to use your mic, get on the Ventrillo server.

9. Not liking someone (IC) is a good enough motive to kill. It's not okay to kill someone because he is annoying on Vent (OOC). You cannot use out of characters motives to kill someone in character. It's NOT okay to kill just to laugh and see them get pissed off in OOC.

10. If I find you prop DMing, I will make sure your RP life is a living hell. I WILL kill your over and over. Prop DMing is out of character. We might have a physgun, but it's only for moving props and building.

11. Learn from your damn mistakes. For example, I was betrayed in a co-op mission. So, I don't do co-op missions anymore.

ITT 14 year olds.

You'll 'kill them over and over'? People like you need to be banned.

If someone is prop killing, you report it to an Admin/Mod, not turning on your 'Mister Toughguy' button and shoot them over and over.

What a stupid concept.

Secondly, no, killing for a gun is not OK. It ruins the atmosphere of the game when as soon as you get a decent gun, everyone and their grandmother is out to get it. In reality, the difference between an AK-74m and a VSS Vintorez, at the ranges that the maps limit (normally >20 meters) is so negligible that no person (besides stupid wiggers who think that gun looks 'SO PIMPIN DAWG') would honestly kill someone over it.

You're dumb.

Thirdly, it's not RP-like to kill for little reasons (like not liking someones IC character) because in a real situation, where it's YOUR ASS on the line if you fail, you wouldn't do it. Think of how many times you could've killed someone you didn't like IRL. Did you? No? Why not? Oh that's right, because it's not smart, even if you remove the law from the picture. What if that guy is packing a gun? What if he has friends nearby? What if he was a member of a serious faction? These are all real-life reasons you wouldn't just go "NICE GUN LOL" *BOP BOP BOP* "MINE NOW LULZ".

You're trying to turn this into some 14 year old's CS:S remake. I don't care for that.
I was brought into this world naked, screaming, and covered in blood; and that's the way I intend to leave it.

Rohok

Quote from: SnakeTheFox

ITT 14 year olds.

You'll 'kill them over and over'? People like you need to be banned.

If someone is prop killing, you report it to an Admin/Mod, not turning on your 'Mister Toughguy' button and shoot them over and over.

What a stupid concept.

Secondly, no, killing for a gun is not OK. It ruins the atmosphere of the game when as soon as you get a decent gun, everyone and their grandmother is out to get it. In reality, the difference between an AK-74m and a VSS Vintorez, at the ranges that the maps limit (normally >20 meters) is so negligible that no person (besides stupid wiggers who think that gun looks 'SO PIMPIN DAWG') would honestly kill someone over it.

You're dumb.

Thirdly, it's not RP-like to kill for little reasons (like not liking someones IC character) because in a real situation, where it's YOUR ASS on the line if you fail, you wouldn't do it. Think of how many times you could've killed someone you didn't like IRL. Did you? No? Why not? Oh that's right, because it's not smart, even if you remove the law from the picture.

You're trying to turn this into some 14 year old's CS:S remake. I don't care for that.

I second you, Snake, wise words.

Nothing against you personally, Hostel.

SnakeTheFox

Quote from: Vityaz Lol, snakethefox hasn't played stalker

Name one time, ONE TIME, that an AI character in any of the Stalker games has tried to kill you for your gun.

Just because you idiots run around in SoC/CS and kill random people for their guns, doesn't mean it's part of the Stalker universe.
I was brought into this world naked, screaming, and covered in blood; and that's the way I intend to leave it.

Rohok

Quote from: SnakeTheFox
Quote from: Vityaz Lol, snakethefox hasn't played stalker

Name one time, ONE TIME, that an AI character in any of the Stalker games has tried to kill you for your gun.

Just because you idiots run around in SoC/CS and kill random people for their guns, doesn't mean it's part of the Stalker universe.

I think I remember once getting tricked out of some RU. Maybe it happened on multiple occasions, but you know what, they're smart about it. Yeah, maybe a few Stalkers run around and kill for guns, ammo, and supplies, but natural selection probably has them all dead a few days later.

Locke

No offense hostel , but things like its okay to kill for guns just leads to deathmatching, Ive seen it myself.
Oh and killing someone because you dont like em? Naw. Maybe killing them because you are disputing factions and they are being hostel to you.

Jazer

There is already people out there that want to kill you for your guns. There is no escaping it. So if that is how it is, I always holster my gun instead of showing it for everyone to see, preventing people from following me.

I'm dumb because I'd rather take the matters into my own hands? Look, I see people whining to the admins about some pretty stupid affairs. I'd rather not be another dick who breaths down the admins neck about something. Anybody that's willing to break IC rules over and over should be dealt with any way. 

Quote from: wallyroberto No offense hostel , but things like its okay to kill for guns just leads to deathmatching, Ive seen it myself.
Oh and killing someone because you dont like em? Naw. Maybe killing them because you are disputing factions and they are being hostel to you.

It has to be an IC reason. For example, you want avenge your friend's death.

You were close Snake, 15. But sorry, no angsty teen here. I'm not saying these ideas are hard proof, or that they will work every time. But right now, by the way people play, it's pretty far from the game STALKER.

SnakeTheFox

Quote from: HostelEffect You were close Snake, 15. But sorry, no angsty teen here. I'm not saying these ideas are hard proof, or that they will work every time. But right now, by the way people play, it's pretty far from the game STALKER.

>>15
>>no angsty teen here

It seems you've created a paradox, kid.

Also, I find it funny that in the same argument you claim to not be some angsty, brash teenager, you also think that you somehow have the right to take Admin to User matters into your own hands.

Killing other users for prop-DMing is NOT your job. I don't give a flying fucking Christ what you think about it, it isn't. Plain and simple. Take your angst elsewhere.

If new users come in, and see you spawn killing some random guy who was previously prop DM'ing, what are they going to think?

It's people like you that drag this server down and cause people to think we're a bunch of inexperienced idiots.

You're right, it is really far from Stalker. Know why? People like you that think we should DM because of weapons, take Admin matters into our own hands, and shoot people just because we don't like them. Why don't you assist in making it more like Stalker by quitting that bullshit, eh?

Use some simple reasoning and logic before you post.

Sickness

One thing that really pisses me off is.. When you are like 5 feet away from the person, and you just say leave, and if he doesn't you just kill him.. I say shoot him like once or twice, but give him like another minute to live, and see what he has to say about that before killing him off all the way.
Rusty - Returned to the Zone

Bagelz

I support 1, 2, 3, 5, SIX ALL THE WAY, 7, 8, and 10. The rest I didn't name are just bullshit and will not be tolerated. Killing players over and over instead of banning is ridiculous, and encourages other players to do it.

MattyK

I have a contribution;

12. If you want to do that TnB Passive stuff, wait for the owner of a Loner Clan to join, and then ask him, don't bitch in OOC because nobody's doing "passive" roleplaying, chances are that alot of the more closed groups(Monolith) are.
Follow my Twitter HERE!

Who Dares Wins

Bloody good post.

StM doesn't work. In 99% of cases people just StK me anyway and when I StK someone simpily because I expect them too, they cry about me shooting to kill.

Turnkey

The last one is called developing on your character.

Cobra

I didn't read it completely I feel like a dumb ass Ugh. Sucks being sick..

Rohok

Well, Hostel, me 'n Snake came in with a negative attitude toward your post, so instead of pointing out the bad things, I'll point out the good things.

Number 11 is my favorite, and I commemorate you on posting that. We need to learn from our mistakes both ICly, and OOCly. I agree entirely with 5, however, my Duty members have not given me any smack about not following orders. My character has gotten frustrated a few times, and I, in OOC, have gotten frustrated, but other than that, I love my faction and its members. However, 6, there can still be STALKER RP without the mentioned happenings. A lot of what can happen in a zone like this, is some passive-aggressive conflicts. Not necessarily violence every damn second. Maybe something more like a "Cold War". Tentions rise between two factions, everybody is on the verge of killing each other, but it inspires some amazing character development.

Yes, you can RP a gun fight. It's been done before. Freedom can come in here and back me up, if they read this, but yesterday we had an entirely RP'ed gun fight. It was all shoot to miss. Me, vs 3 Freedom members. They had me surrounded, and I was attempting to cover nearly 200 degrees of exposed area. I was then beginning to pull back, firing off rounds toward the enemy for suppressive fire, when a Freedom member came up behind me and put their gun to my head. That was that. No actual deaths, but a helluva fight, and I loved it.

The problem with shoot to kill is that if you come up behind someone will a gun, and start typing a /me, they will turn around and shoot you. HOWEVER. When the Freedom member said hold it in the shoot to miss fight, I didn't move a single muscle. My weapon was still pointed forward, and I didn't even turn to look. Shoot to miss is a good system, if used correctly.

In fact, I hope to begin working with other faction leaders to improve some of the combat Role Play we all find ourselves engaged it. I feel that if we can get some cooperation between leaders, and some trust forming, maybe some of the issues that have been brought up can be fixed. There seems to be no connection between any of the faction leaders out of character, and if we can bridge those gaps, more things can get done.

Jazer

Quote from: Rohok Well, Hostel, me 'n Snake came in with a negative attitude toward your post, so instead of pointing out the bad things, I'll point out the good things.

Number 11 is my favorite, and I commemorate you on posting that. We need to learn from our mistakes both ICly, and OOCly. I agree entirely with 5, however, my Duty members have not given me any smack about not following orders. My character has gotten frustrated a few times, and I, in OOC, have gotten frustrated, but other than that, I love my faction and its members. However, 6, there can still be STALKER RP without the mentioned happenings. A lot of what can happen in a zone like this, is some passive-aggressive conflicts. Not necessarily violence every damn second. Maybe something more like a "Cold War". Tentions rise between two factions, everybody is on the verge of killing each other, but it inspires some amazing character development.

Yes, you can RP a gun fight. It's been done before. Freedom can come in here and back me up, if they read this, but yesterday we had an entirely RP'ed gun fight. It was all shoot to miss. Me, vs 3 Freedom members. They had me surrounded, and I was attempting to cover nearly 200 degrees of exposed area. I was then beginning to pull back, firing off rounds toward the enemy for suppressive fire, when a Freedom member came up behind me and put their gun to my head. That was that. No actual deaths, but a helluva fight, and I loved it.

The problem with shoot to kill is that if you come up behind someone will a gun, and start typing a /me, they will turn around and shoot you. HOWEVER. When the Freedom member said hold it in the shoot to miss fight, I didn't move a single muscle. My weapon was still pointed forward, and I didn't even turn to look. Shoot to miss is a good system, if used correctly.

In fact, I hope to begin working with other faction leaders to improve some of the combat Role Play we all find ourselves engaged it. I feel that if we can get some cooperation between leaders, and some trust forming, maybe some of the issues that have been brought up can be fixed. There seems to be no connection between any of the faction leaders out of character, and if we can bridge those gaps, more things can get done.

Your response was totally acceptable, unlike Snakes. There are plenty of things to do in between the fighting and all that. There is trading and missions to do with the barkeep for one.

Snake - Just because you disagree with me doesn't mean you have to throw around a bunch of insults towards me.

Locke

***Puts down his large admin work boot***

Snake, hostel's last reply makes sense, dont insult because you disagree.

Both of you drop it right now, and get back to making the community a better place.

Rohok

Well, Snake 'n I have been pushed to the limit. We're very irritated with a long of things that have been happening both in game, out of game, or in other communities. I can't speak for him, but that's how I've felt. I've been raging like mad, and I don't know what's going on. I think it's just that when we see something that annoys the shit out of us, we snap like twigs. Usually, I have a policy that prohibits me from posting until I relax, or cool off. That's usually how I handle my emotional and anger issues. Lately though, I haven't wanted to. It's been a lot harder to keep my personal life out of my game life, and I'm going to work harder to achieve total separation of personal issues, and in game issues.

Locke

Quote from: Rohok Well, Snake 'n I have been pushed to the limit. We're very irritated with a long of things that have been happening both in game, out of game, or in other communities. I can't speak for him, but that's how I've felt. I've been raging like mad, and I don't know what's going on. I think it's just that when we see something that annoys the shit out of us, we snap like twigs. Usually, I have a policy that prohibits me from posting until I relax, or cool off. That's usually how I handle my emotional and anger issues. Lately though, I haven't wanted to. It's been a lot harder to keep my personal life out of my game life, and I'm going to work harder to achieve total separation of personal issues, and in game issues.

Thats true, this community needs a clean sweep of all the issues