Restarting the MC Server

Started by Blake.H, 05-04-2016

Blake.H

Other people have also had a capacha problem, i'll talk to exile.

ref_DevCon.smd: david star is the only heir of the ecologist throne
ref_DevCon.smd: house of blake
"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"

DasHeadCrap

Okay so here I will post my current idea for the first server even. It will revolve around every faction working either for or against the Dragon of Aceon. It will end in the Death or banishing of the Dragon to the End (The Dragon winning such event would simply lead to the server's factions being wrecked and that's no fun. However it wont be easy beating him).

All information is OOC. CP please don't use OOC information and then say "oh my Dragons powers allowed me to find this out lol"

So essentially Aridell has been going around in secret and recruiting factions to fight the Dragon eventually (this has already been done). To do so Podzemnyy will head into the Nether with Reinhard to find and retrieve 3 magical artifacts from the 1st Dragon war that were banished to the Nether over 3,000 years ago (items are placed, hidden, and guarded. Further more the leader of Podzemnyy IC agreed with Aridell to do this).

While the items are being retrieved CP will Role-Play as the Dragon in his full sized form and fly to Feerman's faction and attempt to enlist them as his own personal army.

Feerman has two choices (Feerman because his faction is full of Dragon Cultist): Join CP or Don't Join.

After this Aridell, Podzemnyy and Azmura will find a way to summon the Dragon, CPftw, sensing the powerful artifacts will send in his Dragon cultist (if Feerman joins in he'll have even more cultist to throw at the combined armies of the 3 factions). Upon the defeat of the cultist (now this could take weeks IRL or a day. It all depends on how this pans out) CPftw will take manners into his own hands and fly into battle.

From here 2 things need to be done to defeat him.

The magical bow and arrows must his CP, this will sap his ability to fly.

The magical wand of Dagoth must be used on CP to banish him to the End... permanently.

From here there's two options. Travel to the End and fight the End Dragon (CPftw's character) or ignore it and risk the Dragon returning to Aceon in the next hundred years.

If you like the concept I would enjoy going over it, planning out lines, deaths, and so on so forth with the rest of the mods. Do not use any information posted here IC please.
Listen, man, humanity dreams of the stars for one reason and one reason only. Hot xeno ass. Don't fail us now.

Blake.H

s

"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"

CPftw

So I checked the logs and the world edit is totally blank like it has been wiped... It seems the only places attacked were My Faction, Griffins Landing and Podzemnyy; also a bit of wall and removal of trees from Port Calcheth. That to me suggests Isaac did it... Does he have access to the gamepanel thing to unban himself from there or something? That is who I think it is. Ale_XIII said she saw James on last night, so as from what I know the last staff member online did you see anything James?
pffft

Syndraell

yeah, sorry; was trying to clean up some mess.

I have a backup of the server's map. Will attempt to fix this

Edit:fixed, but still going to do some tweaking on my end. I made a backup just in case I screwed up.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

CPftw

The aridell ruins are staying to be claimed by other people or salvaged by them
pffft

Syndraell

Quote from: CPftw on 01-06-2016
The aridell ruins are staying to be claimed by other people or salvaged by them

Alright, but there's a bit of a lava issue. Was at least wanting to worldedit that out, but I'll see what I can do from my end

Blake.H

This is why i said don't use World Edit unless its entirely necessary.

JAIMES STAHP

Syndraell

I'm glad I at least have common sense and back some things up. I mean, I have over 20 server backups for Terraria still sitting on my pc.

Blake.H

Yeah, at least you're smart. Also - Lava is fixed.
Someone needs to claim it as Adriel Ruins to stop this happening again. Please and thankyou.

CPftw

Well done guys you did great!

I will now proceed to claim all credit.
pffft

Syndraell

I claimed it. Drolgaf Junkyard.
Someone nixed it.

meldin

With the amount of emptiness on the server, I think it may be time to do a map reset. Maybe try to  rework the lore too.

Syndraell

Honestly, I can go with this myself.

One of the biggest problems we face with our servers is that people build so far apart it's pretty pointless to call it a roleplay server. Now, going back a few servers, we kinda had a more forced unity.

I would like to propose a team effort of making a Town together (all players working together to build it) until the people in the town split ideology, fighting each other in the streets and actually making ruins.

I think that being a little more strict on building within closer proximity would be a good thing, not just for the server and it's lifespan, but also it's playerbase.

meldin

With the recently lack of players on the server, I thought it would be a good idea to perhaps restart the map and build anew.
I brought it up with the other staff and from what it seems, we are good to go on this.

Here is my proposal for the map:

The world is 5000 metres in diameter: more than enough to explore and not feel cramped.
My plan is to start a main town nearby spawn. this shall be the only faction until our player base grows.
Once  we get enough regular players on, we can start to look at expanding through camps/colonies.
If things look promising, we can look at creating more factions.
Main reason: Multiple factions without the players causes fights for  players and spreads out our players thin.

Instead of a creative constructed town, I suggest we instead supply the players with an ample amount
of building materials and coordinate to have them construct the city themselves.
This give players the ability to enjoy the creation of the town and let the place grow organically.

As for leadership of the town, I suggest two options:

• The faction is run by all staff equally as a council.
  • All staff refrain from any leadership positions within the faction and act simply as other players (perhaps we could be deities or sumthin')

I don't want to see anymore fighting from staff. We are here to have fun and play minecraft. Every time we start a server, it eventually goes to shit cause we end up infighting. No more of this.

DarkThunder2

Hm. I like the map-though it does seem a bit small, might be just me though-but I'm a little concerned with the other aspects brought up in terms of structure. I'll have to talk it over with you soon, I guess.
So, did anyone else see a floating cactus today? Just me?
I better stop wearing glasses with stickers on them, I guess.