Blake.H

Add/Tick/Edit away:

[BH] / [DT] is for specific person only
[N/I] is Not Important

* Start storyline Thread
We should discuss this one together first in more detail

* Start Lore/Magic Thread
As above

:cross:* Re-capture escaped chickens [DT] (I think they all died by magic train, sorry)

:tick:* Update 'how to connect' thread

:tick:* Make a dev thread/announce server changes [DT]

* Make new guest landing page for HGN Minecraft instead of silly Stalker [BH]

:tick:* Review Old Admins [BH]

:cross:* Make a 'Building List or Rota' in IC Forums [N/I]
So people can see who owns what/stores/bar/traders etc etc etc

* Discuss Advertising Server
?????

:tick:* Forum thread about how story line/time influences server [BH]

:tick:* Create Steam Group
* Add more info to Steam Group

:cross:* Discuss thread about community build area & plots of available land within towns [ALL]

:tick:* Add plugins to the server: [DT]
-- Anti-Fire Spread
-- Auto-World backup
-- Factions/Clans

:cross:* Start public/private discussion about magic

:tick:*Create a quest board at the port

ref_DevCon.smd: david star is the only heir of the ecologist throne
ref_DevCon.smd: house of blake
"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"

DasHeadCrap

http://i.imgur.com/Ccdujgw.png

Above is a pic of the town board. The idea is that as more players join the town and start building their houses and shops ect, the town will reward them with improved government buildings. The basic lumber mill for example could perhaps give players a stack of planks every real life week. As more and more players join they're rewarded with improved protection as well. Raiders will be less inclined to attack a 30 man settlement that houses an army legion base over a small little village with a few guards at best.

Essentially the town gets a little upgrade every time the population of actual players increases by 3. The final 2 upgrades give significant bonuses so they require 5 and 10 extra population.

Since I doubt the server will ever get beyond 80 players at best I feel 30 players is more than enough to grant a settlement the status of a large city with soldiers and a fortress. Soldiers of course would be abstracted (unless a NPC mod was added). If combat is text based then soldiers would add a significant amount of troops to the towns defenses. If combat uses Minecraft mechanics than soldiers would come in the form of advanced gear and extra respawns. Said gear would be returned to the military base after combat has ended.

All in all I feel this would give players incentives to tell their friends to join them in their town and it would give raiders an incentive to plan out attacks on larger settlements.
Listen, man, humanity dreams of the stars for one reason and one reason only. Hot xeno ass. Don't fail us now.

Blake.H

"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"

Blake.H

My idea was that once a settlement is established they assign plots of land. Even just subtle borders/zones would work - A player would then ask "Hey, can i have this plot?" rather than having set goals which enable buildings. Plots of land can also be defined as Farms/housing/etc. to allow towns to actually develop with people rather than "You have 4 people here's some freebies from the empty lumber yard". Further to that it allows the Owner of the town to plan the layout of the town to their own specification while keeping other players happy.

This allows finite opportunities to develop towns without gaining unnecessary benefits.

As for the Community Build Area, the first 5kx5k(maybe) will be classed as the 'Community Build Zone' (CBZ). This is the protected zone which almost all towns will be located, ONLY those with build-trust will be able to build here as we will have zone protection (aptly named "Community Build Zone"), here you can build anything you want without worry of (unplanned) wars/raiders. The CBZ will be the main focus point for people during events and past the CBZ would be classed as the wilderness, where anyone can build but there is no real protection (You go it alone out there)

In sort, You need Build-Trust to make stuff in the Community Build Zone - Outside of that anyone can build.

Blake.H

Quote from: DasHeadCrap on 08-04-2016
http://i.imgur.com/Ccdujgw.png

Above is a pic of the town board. The idea is that as more players join the town and start building their houses and shops ect, the town will reward them with improved government buildings. The basic lumber mill for example could perhaps give players a stack of planks every real life week. As more and more players join they're rewarded with improved protection as well. Raiders will be less inclined to attack a 30 man settlement that houses an army legion base over a small little village with a few guards at best.

Essentially the town gets a little upgrade every time the population of actual players increases by 3. The final 2 upgrades give significant bonuses so they require 5 and 10 extra population.

Since I doubt the server will ever get beyond 80 players at best I feel 30 players is more than enough to grant a settlement the status of a large city with soldiers and a fortress. Soldiers of course would be abstracted (unless a NPC mod was added). If combat is text based then soldiers would add a significant amount of troops to the towns defenses. If combat uses Minecraft mechanics than soldiers would come in the form of advanced gear and extra respawns. Said gear would be returned to the military base after combat has ended.

All in all I feel this would give players incentives to tell their friends to join them in their town and it would give raiders an incentive to plan out attacks on larger settlements.

Blake.H

We're going to be the first inhabitants here, as such we're starting at an early Point In Time (PIT). As the server gets bigger, or even when we get bored of the current PIT then we just increase it by x number of years.

To increase time the time:
We discover more resources (via worldedit), find/excavate ancient monuments or scriptures/treasures, Foreign traders arriving at the shores, Natural disasters (Maxi retardant), wars...
All of which will be done through planned events.

How will it effect building?
This isn't restricting peoples imaginations or materials only the Style of building. For instance, now, we're using pretty much raw resources on our builds, and keeping the buildings somewhat low and basic...  When resources are made available people will have the materials to build larger more elaborate buildings.

So, what's this about the Story Arc?
The Story Arc will be the written accounts of the recent history of the server (so, what we do!), including Events/settlements being founded etc...

This will need to be well written and worked on by more than one person. The Story Arc is something you can influence but not fully control it's effected by; Lore, Current PIT, Current Players, Events etc. However it does show to new players that we have a history (and that we do stuff on the server!) and that we're not just another run-of-the-mill MC Server and encourages fidelity with current players.

We will be classing OLD ACEON as the ancients who left us behind (so the monuments we find and stuff). I'll drag old stuff out of the scrapyard every now and then as stuff we 'find'. It would be interesting the see some of the old aceon buildings at some point recreated as ruins.

Ideas?

Code (How to do a horizontal line) Select

[hr]

DarkThunder2

Blake, while I somewhat agree with your idea, that would have to be implemented farther down the line-considering that planned city building-organized building locations and such-would probably be somewhat uncommon during the projected time period (Maybe not, but that's just my two cents). As for Isaac, this plan seems fine for me, even holding the possibility of players asking their friends to come on the server just to increase their settlement's safety and profitability. So far, so good in terms of ideas!
So, did anyone else see a floating cactus today? Just me?
I better stop wearing glasses with stickers on them, I guess.

DasHeadCrap

I agree. Planned city zones and layouts are a very modern thing and while I know we don't have an exact time period it's obviously medieval to post classical antiquity. Large metropolises like Constantinople, Rome, and Carthage had roads and some resemblance of zoning but only in a rough form of class division and government zoning. For the most part you build on what land you own and what ever you build is up to you. As far as the towns concerned so long as you pay taxes everything should be fine.

However there should be some level of zoning. Mines should be next to mountains and large hills, farms in flat lands, and government buildings on high elevations that offer defense.

Lastly here's a painting from the 15th century on how your typical neighborhood would look in a town. This is lower class housing and no only is it somewhat random but every house has their own food supply to get through the year. Unless a city has a large ring of mega farms surrounding it I feel towns should make an effort to make sure everyone has small garden for realism.
Listen, man, humanity dreams of the stars for one reason and one reason only. Hot xeno ass. Don't fail us now.

Blake.H

Its not zoning in that sense, its more the sense you make a fence/border w/e around a large area for someone to build in not a strict "YOU BUILD A HOUSE HERE" "I WANT A FARM HERE YOU MAKE?"

DasHeadCrap

I talked to Dark. It will be left up to the mayor of the town. Obviously towns with pseudo zoning will be more efficient but I feel towns that allow players to have land and simply tax players some currancy, food or whatever based on how much land they're using is more user friendly. User friendliness is a big part of attracting a playerbase   

DasHeadCrap

Blake.H

Might call spawn Jerall's Landing?
Need to think about it a little more.

Ragolution

Jeez you guys are even naming stuff after Ermor?

Blake.H

DasHeadCrap

I'll continue updating the map throughout the week but it will remain in alpha until server launch. I need names for the Spawn island and the island under the spawn island. Also would love a name for the Ocean.

DasHeadCrap

http://i.imgur.com/xVZMcnd.png

Just updated the map! What do you guys think? I'm open to name changes or improvements but I think it looks perfect.

Blake.H

Havenmoor needs a darker name something to match its eerie swamps

DasHeadCrap

Here's the Beta of the map. If you like it I'll upload it to the community forum. http://i.imgur.com/knBO3QR.png

DasHeadCrap

I would eventually like to post this on the public board.

http://imgur.com/a/TTCQE

As an ending note. This should explain why a Templar knight's armor would never be seen side by side a late medieval Gothic knights armor. That would be like seeing Colonial soldiers next to modern infantry.

Silver Knight

No update for a month, might wanna focus on this and add Project zomboid to a seperate list

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

DasHeadCrap

I got a few Redditors PMing me to join. Will fetch them Sunday when I'm sober and at home.

But yeah point is I've been doing advertising.

Syndraell

Quote from: DasHeadCrap on 07-05-2016
I got a few Redditors PMing me to join. Will fetch them Sunday when I'm sober and at home.

But yeah point is I've been doing advertising.

Awesome.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Blake.H

Quote from: SilverKnight on 07-05-2016
My name is silverknight and i'm a nigger

DasHeadCrap

Two users (and one of my test accounts) were having glitches happen with the Capchas which disallowed them from creating accounts.

HealthyCarrot

TecMoose

Both of them have proved to be good role-players and nice all around individuals and have my approval. So after a 24 hour period I request on their behalf they're allowed build trust next time their on. Due to their inability to make accounts I personally interviewed both in Minecraft and Skype. HealthyCarrot was amazing as he participated in some RP with Prinz before logging off despite being in adventure mode.

I understand if this isn't allowed which is why I'm merely requesting this instead of abusing my power and granting them built trust behind your back. Good night.

Blake.H

I've created accounts for them

Code (HealthyCarrot) Select

Username: HealthyCarrot
PW: changeme1

Code (TecMoose) Select

Username: TecMoose
PW: changeme1

I've checked the Capacha too, it seems fine to me.