Status Thread

Started by CoolFeerman, 23-04-2014

CoolFeerman

LAUNCHED

DasHeadCrap

So how's war going to work? I mean conflict is sometimes unavoidable in a dynamic role play setting so how will it play out. The classic D&D way with chat or are you going to shift to PvP style combat? Lastly if our town populations are going to be based only on the amount of REAL people living in a town how will we get those classic 100 to 5,000 man battles that were fun to read on the forums? Sorry for the mouthful I understand starting a server almost single-handedly must be hard but I feel like this will eventually have to be answered any ways.
Listen, man, humanity dreams of the stars for one reason and one reason only. Hot xeno ass. Don't fail us now.

Gameadict

along with what das said, is it going to be much like the original Aceon?

because i very much enjoyed the roleplay of that server, and am personally excited for another roleplay server to open up, seeming as though i have a hard time finding one that is any good.

and i am very excited for this, hope its easy for you, and wish you luck. i cant wait for this new server!! :D
- What if I told you I'm your mother!? o-O

CoolFeerman

Quote from: DasHeadCrap on 23-04-2014
So how's war going to work? I mean conflict is sometimes unavoidable in a dynamic role play setting so how will it play out. The classic D&D way with chat or are you going to shift to PvP style combat? Lastly if our town populations are going to be based only on the amount of REAL people living in a town how will we get those classic 100 to 5,000 man battles that were fun to read on the forums? Sorry for the mouthful I understand starting a server almost single-handedly must be hard but I feel like this will eventually have to be answered any ways.

Small-group PvP will be dictated most likely by using a "roll" system (aka I install a dice system and it rolls for you) along with, let's say, some modifiers, e.g. you have a drunken idiot stumbling about that swings at a knight, well, they get in a fight and the drunk rolls a 9 over the knight's 6, but the knight is a knight, right? So the knight obviously will have the upperhand and can add "skill points" or whatever to his roll and knock the shit out of the drunk. Either that or it's just roleplayed using text, which is what Aceon did.

Large-scale warfare will be dictated by the person waging them, and while I'll never condone standard Minecraft PvP (hit the guy with a sword), I'm not going to restrict how war is waged. This being said I can only see certain scenarios depending on the defenses of the city, but nonetheless I'll expand more on this when we cross that bridge.

Yeah, towns will be categorized by population, road quality, size, walls, etc. and  while the overall categorization will factor in certain things like influence and power I'll leave the grandiose effects of war up to the people waging it.

And it's fine, I made this thread to give an idea of what's going to happen and I won't say it's all been done single-handedly (considering I can't host the shit myself and people have given their input), but thank you for your interest.

Quote from: Gameadict on 23-04-2014
along with what das said, is it going to be much like the original Aceon?

because i very much enjoyed the roleplay of that server, and am personally excited for another roleplay server to open up, seeming as though i have a hard time finding one that is any good.

and i am very excited for this, hope its easy for you, and wish you luck. i cant wait for this new server!! :D

The roleplay will have the standard global/local channels along with whispers and stuff, if that's what you're asking. There will, of course, be a standard for roleplay, and that's why I'm adding a whitelist, but otherwise everything will be at least similar to Aceon in this respect.

2ktaco

What races will we have at the servers launch and, will players be able to add races to the line-up later on. If so, how?

Magic?

CoolFeerman

Quote from: 2ktaco on 23-04-2014
What races will we have at the servers launch and, will players be able to add races to the line-up later on. If so, how?

Magic?

We'll have a few races me and one of the admins excluding you made. We'll have applications to add races later on, once we get maybe a stable playerbase of ~15 or so.

Yeah, we'll have magic.

DasHeadCrap

Quote from: CoolFeerman on 23-04-2014

Magic?

We'll have a few races me and one of the admins excluding you made. We'll have applications to add races later on, once we get maybe a stable playerbase of ~15 or so.

Yeah, we'll have magic.

Aceon in its final year almost never had that many people on. Advertising might be a good option for getting a larger player base
Listen, man, humanity dreams of the stars for one reason and one reason only. Hot xeno ass. Don't fail us now.

CoolFeerman

Quote from: DasHeadCrap on 23-04-2014

Magic?

Yeah, we'll have magic.

Aceon in its final year almost never had that many people on. Advertising might be a good option for getting a larger player base

Already working on that.

Beano

Large-scale warfare will be dictated by the person waging them, and while I'll never condone standard Minecraft PvP (hit the guy with a sword), I'm not going to restrict how war is waged. This being said I can only see certain scenarios depending on the defenses of the city, but nonetheless I'll expand more on this when we cross that bridge.

Total war battle heuheuheu
All hope must be disregarded

12:37 PM - Beano #JizzCake: how is babby formed
12:37 PM - SumRandomGuy: once upon a time
12:38 PM - SumRandomGuy: there was this giant big thingy thing
12:38 PM - SumRandomGuy: its called my benis

CoolFeerman

As of right now, all the threads are going up, hopefully tonight I'll be able to setup the server and test the plugins/permissions (essentially make sure everything is working fine and dandy) and maybe launch Friday, and if not Friday hopefully Saturday. I'll post with some hard dates when I can.

DasHeadCrap

While looking at the threads I saw how the economy will work. So every ones not broke like in Aceon (which caused most people to use the barter system) will there be a way to get money outside of other people? e.g. trading NPCs or a bank were an admin can take gold or emeralds and give your character money in exchange.

CoolFeerman

Quote from: DasHeadCrap on 24-04-2014
While looking at the threads I saw how the economy will work. So every ones not broke like in Aceon (which caused most people to use the barter system) will there be a way to get money outside of other people? e.g. trading NPCs or a bank were an admin can take gold or emeralds and give your character money in exchange.

I was thinking about this and was on the fence about it. I'll probably just give myself and the admins a couple thousand gold to buy things from people to get the economy started.

Andrew Weasley

Motha. Fuckin. Pumped.
Can't wait to RP on my favorite game to RP on again.
Keep on keepin on. Lifes a garden, dig it.
Minecraft: Axxal
Steam: call_me_axx

DasHeadCrap

If the server is going to be Bukkit like the last one here's a cool plug in: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/tree-feller/
If that's a no go maybe something like it. A great reason why it should be considered is the fact that without a Timber type plugin stone will just end up being a more viable building material

meldin

Since the use of Iconomy was a bit of a flop in the City of Guilds (for more reasons than the mod itself), would it be possible to have a way to make physical currencies. Have something like a central bank where a town/city could pay Iconomy cash and have a Currency made (naming gold/emeralds/paper what ever they want to distinguish it from regular items. Reading through the town creation thread, it seems that there is to be some flexibility with currency anyways.

CoolFeerman

Quote from: meldin on 26-04-2014
Since the use of Iconomy was a bit of a flop in the City of Guilds (for more reasons than the mod itself), would it be possible to have a way to make physical currencies. Have something like a central bank where a town/city could pay Iconomy cash and have a Currency made (naming gold/emeralds/paper what ever they want to distinguish it from regular items. Reading through the town creation thread, it seems that there is to be some flexibility with currency anyways.

Well, I can see ingots representing a certain amount of currency, and I'm sure banks could draw up bills using named papers. As far as I know there's no plugin that physically adds items used as currency.

DasHeadCrap

Bills would be good if a faction is big enough for them to have "value". You would need a dedicated player base to run a bank and even then. The further you got from your empire/city state's limits the less likely the bill is to have value. Still I like the idea. Also counterfeiting bills would be a problem. The only problem a counterfeiter would have is getting enough XP to name the paper.

Andrew Weasley

Stupid question.

When the server is up... where will I be able to find the IP?
Keep on keepin on. Lifes a garden, dig it.
Minecraft: Axxal
Steam: call_me_axx

CoolFeerman

Quote from: Andrew Weasley on 27-04-2014
Stupid question.

When the server is up... where will I be able to find the IP?

Information thread.

Ragolution

Syndraell

It'd be nice if there was a good equipment mod.
That and Weaponry. But all the weapon mods seem to have some weapon that is just completely...stupid.

As for the bank notes, i know you can copy books. not sure about papers.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

CoolFeerman

Quote from: James Almasy on 27-04-2014
It'd be nice if there was a good equipment mod.
That and Weaponry. But all the weapon mods seem to have some weapon that is just completely...stupid.

As for the bank notes, i know you can copy books. not sure about papers.

People have asked me about this and I'm simply against installing any sort of equipment or weapon mod. It's unnecessary and as you said, a lot of the weapons are stupid and/or wouldn't fit the time period.

DasHeadCrap

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1659892-164tinkers-construct/ I'm fairly certain they have a Bukkit conversion on this site if I remember. Tinker's construct adds many Medieval weapons with unique abilities as well as new ways to craft. Tinkers construct weapons are NON-enchantable. To make them you need to know many forging techniques (making blacksmiths a realistic job choice for players) as well as raw materials. Materials do need to be melted down into liquids (e.g. molten iron, molten copper, bronze). In the end weapons can be VERY complicated. A bronze hilted, iron bladed, long sword or a iron hilted, iron bladed, rapier (attacks fast buts weak).

CoolFeerman

Quote from: DasHeadCrap on 27-04-2014
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1659892-164tinkers-construct/ I'm fairly certain they have a Bukkit conversion on this site if I remember. Tinker's construct adds many Medieval weapons with unique abilities as well as new ways to craft. Tinkers construct weapons are NON-enchantable. To make them you need to know many forging techniques (making blacksmiths a realistic job choice for players) as well as raw materials. Materials do need to be melted down into liquids (e.g. molten iron, molten copper, bronze). In the end weapons can be VERY complicated. A bronze hilted, iron bladed, long sword or a iron hilted, iron bladed, rapier (attacks fast buts weak).

sigh

I'll look into it.

HitMan5523

lets do it im in. swag
I'm hip! What are you talking about!