Re: Progress on the server

Started by Redbark, 09-10-2013

Redbark

Quote from: VonXeno on 17-11-2013
Quote from: Dungeon_Lord on 17-11-2013
Sooo... anything happening with the server?

Unfortunately, we're stuck waiting until the server is fixed. But everything is pretty much done on our end.
What does that mean?

longfallgloves

god doesnt exist.

Mods=Gods.

shadowheart

Returning Caphori member. Some of you may remember me as Alexander Fornet, or Kilin Goldbeard.

Syndraell

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Dungeon_Lord

On another note, Starbound is beta is coming out on December, 4.
Help for hire! Seriously ask me for help, I need things to do.

longfallgloves

I hope Starbound to be free, or easy to get it without paying, like Terraria.

INA7HAN

Quote from: longfallgloves on 04-12-2013
I hope Starbound to be free, or easy to get it without paying, like Terraria.
It's $15....that's not expensive at all why'd you want to pirate it..

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

VonXeno

Quote from: INA7HAN on 04-12-2013
So what's going to be happening now with Starbound in beta (with multiplayer to my belief) with Terrarai server? Will it continue as planned for about four months at best of life before starbound is most likely released fully? Or will effort be placed into getting a a starbound lore story/characters and all that ready for it's full release if the beta multiplayer is unplayable for our roleplay

Personally I'm not interested in Starbound, at the moment. This could change, but I'm more here for the medieval fantasy setting.

But that's just me.
I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.

VonXeno

Quote from: Tanako on 04-12-2013
the developers are pretty dumb money grabbing leeches

Another reason I don't want to actually buy Starbound.
I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.

Dungeon_Lord

Quote from: VonXeno on 04-12-2013

That comment was directed towards the creators of Terraria, if you didn't read the whole sentence. I've played Starbound a bit too and multiplayer wise I think it is superior to Terraria, but they both have their positives and negatives especially roleplay wise. A lot more customization in Starbound and the ability to be truly unique, plus the text is easy to read and doesn't have really really tiny text limit per message.

VonXeno

Quote from: Dungeon_Lord on 04-12-2013

That comment was directed towards the creators of Terraria, if you didn't read the whole sentence. I've played Starbound a bit too and multiplayer wise I think it is superior to Terraria, but they both have their positives and negatives especially roleplay wise. A lot more customization in Starbound and the ability to be truly unique, plus the text is easy to read and doesn't have really really tiny text limit per message.

I realize. Tiyuri was part of the staff working on it, I just don't trust any of them at this point, but Chucklefish DID give me Risk of Rain, so maybe.

CoolFeerman

I realize. Tiyuri was part of the staff working on it, I just don't trust any of them at this point, but Chucklefish DID give me Risk of Rain, so maybe.

Why don't you trust them?

Aetheren

A lot more customization in Starbound and the ability to be truly unique, plus the text is easy to read and doesn't have really really tiny text limit per message.

Just on that point, the text limit per message for Terraria was increased by quite a bit in the 1.2 patch.

VonXeno

Quote from: CoolFeerman on 04-12-2013

Why don't you trust them?

Maybe by association with Redigit. I wasn't too happy when they announced that they would stop updating Terraria, but I guess they changed their minds. I still have a sour taste in my mouth though.

Maybe I'm just too paranoid.

longfallgloves

* Longfallgloves is wet, even in space.

INA7HAN

Starbound is pretty damn awesome wise with chairs/beds and all that being interatable improving rp from standing next to a chair and /me sits
Now Starbound is totally different to Terraria with it being in space age era but there is still the option of roleplaying a primitive like species as the game has swords/ axes / pickaxes etc (Star Trek anyone?) You don't have to Roleplay being some space commander it's all down to what you make of it and what you wish to do. Personally I think it'd be pretty interesting roleplay if someone beams down to medieval village all the things that could happen, would you be welcomed or shunned for being some kind of demon? Who knows

Dungeon_Lord

Quote from: INA7HAN on 05-12-2013

Starbound is pretty damn awesome wise with chairs/beds and all that being interatable improving rp from standing next to a chair and /me sits
Now Starbound is totally different to Terraria with it being in space age era but there is still the option of roleplaying a primitive like species as the game has swords/ axes / pickaxes etc (Star Trek anyone?) You don't have to Roleplay being some space commander it's all down to what you make of it and what you wish to do. Personally I think it'd be pretty interesting roleplay if someone beams down to medieval village all the things that could happen, would you be welcomed or shunned for being some kind of demon? Who knows

I like this guy

Dungeon_Lord

Plus if you really wanted some medieval stuff, the robot race could easily pass as knights

VonXeno

Upon examination, Starbound actually does have a good amount of content we can consider medieval. We'll have to look at it more closely to tell, but I think it will make a fine substitute.

Yeah, I realize that I'm being inconsistent.

longfallgloves

When will be launched the final version?

CoolFeerman

Quote from: longfallgloves on 06-12-2013
When will be launched the final version?

Months away, probably. No set time but they've stated they're releasing major beta updates in stages, the final stage being near or exactly like the final version.

INA7HAN

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/474299326477042955/3B3C442DA3313EB625147916218B9F37F779A4A5/
Rebel Snow trooper armour?
It's called Snow Infantry armour (Chest, Legs, Helmet) and it's made from leather with 13 on each piece defense and protection from the cold 48 cold protection on chest so it's pretty damn good if anyone's in need of some easy decent armour for starbound

Dungeon_Lord

Honestly I think Terraria and Starbound are different enough we could just have a Starbound and a Terraria server. Only thing would be I would imagine a lot of the roster would be shared due to the games similarity.

bastidon

Quote from: INA7HAN on 07-12-2013
Large Human Empire arises with mainly discrimination/racism against aliens and non-humans everyone bar humanity on earth is destroyed and Humans travel to the starts into a large mass crusade across the galaxy to dominate and conquer.

I'm noticing a pattern here, Nate. You really like genocide!
I'm not an asshole, I just play one on TV.

Put me in coach I'm ready.

longfallgloves

I could suggest ideas, but you will not let me join.