Re: HGN Positions and Application

Started by Tom, 24-08-2013

Paintcheck

First post admin app. Promising young admin right there.

Tom

Quote from: Paintcheck on 24-08-2013
First post admin app. Promising young admin right there.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

lolKieck

░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Purple Sockz

Gamer Alias: Purple Sockz
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:18068814
Steam Page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197996403357
Position Applying For: STALKER Role Play Administrator
Servers You Play On?: None.
Past Experience:
        Excluding forums and other text-based mediums, I began role play through Garry's Mod roughly eight years ago, and began with the old fashioned Nexus and OpenAura schemas. I ended up with some sort of administrative responsibility at one point or another during my time with all of these communities, which tended toward either Half-Life themes or post-apocalypse ones. I've been role playing for so long that it's hard to, off the top of my head, come up with some community names that stand out more than others, but some of them include Shameless Innovations (both the original and the reboot), Spencer Sharkey's Slidefuse, Chancer's Voltaic, Bloodprime's Deviant Gamers, ParaShock's ShockCore, Tazmily's Killswitch United, Metro's New World, Static, Next-Generation Gaming, and even the HyperGaming Network back during one of its Half-Life 2 Role Play reboots. At that time I had been set to manage the Metropolice Force and advised by someone named Madcombat, but it's all very blurry in my head.
        More recently and probably more importantly however to my eligibility for this position was the time I spent with Taco N Banana. To be frank, I never was a fan of their Half-Life 2 Role Play, so naturally I was excited when they had decided to bring back the idea of STALKER, and even more excited with how popular it was. Granted, much of it during the home stretch of its life-span relied on people spending money for SWEPs and models and the works, but even when Dave's pockets were full and script-kids were frolicking in their exoskeletons, it still managed to be an integral part of my role play on Garry's Mod. I met plenty of amazing people and was able to develop my skills as both a writer and just a person in general (believe me, some of the narratives these people fleshed out were gorgeous). So, I was with TnB for something like two years, and was voted onto the admin team around a year in, and let me say now that communities using hierarchical systems of administration over their player-bases are definitely doing it wrong. I am very happy to see that HGN's system of administration leaves anyone on the STALKER Admin Team on equal terms with one another, which tends to go over better than just having a bunch of self-proclaimed "super" admins crouch a mile under the map and cyber while they're expected to make important decisions. To skip the inevitable ideological tangent, I'm just happy HGN is doing it right. And, to continue my answer to the question of past experience, I'll put it in terms of the STALKER universe: I've had a sublime fascination with the Monolith faction since as long ago as I can remember, and it still breaks my heart to, after having managed and led TnB's own Monolith faction for so long back then, watch as different communities create some perversion that strays so far from STALKER's lore that it had might as well not even be called Monolith any more.
        To put my past experience in more general terms, in addition to the STALKER universe and Garry's Mod role play, I would call myself a gun nut. I absolutely love firearms, and have loved learning about their various operations, and especially ballistics, specifically what bullets do and why they do what they do on impact. I think that sort of information known off-hand would only benefit a position whose duties include handling transgressions between players, but much more importantly quarrels between characters. I've seen a lot of downplaying of ballistics in role play as of late, and I hate to see that sort of thing to unchecked when it infringes on the aspect of realism and harshness in the world of STALKER.

Why Should We Pick You?:
        I've got a lot of free time. My job has always been flexible enough as to allow me plenty of time for me to do whatever the hell I want to do, once all that I need to do is finished. More often than not I'm just sitting around, even after filling up remaining time by going out with friends or family, and I would absolutely love to be able to contribute what I believe are some great traits not only to HGN, but to the spirit of STALKER Role Play and the Garry's Mod community that HGN will undoubtedly see flocking to its upcoming server. In all my time acting as a mediator in the realm of role play, I've learned to be as fair and unbiased as possible, even if that means friends of mine might get the short end of the stick. My philosophy regarding role play is that it falls within a certain region that makes it not quite a game, but not quite something so important as to incite it barging in on reality. In role play, people are writing to convey a narrative and cooperate and understand the viewpoints and experiences of other people; it's like we're all cooperating to write a series of short stories, and I think that's awesome. Hence, I don't think it's at all unnatural to want to protect and consider role play as important, something above just a game. So, I like to treat everyone the same way as a result: no one gets special treatment from the rules. Unfairness is crap, and, "If men were angels, no government would be necessary," so here is the Administration Team. Some people are too immature to be treated like adults (or teens or whatever) by administrators, but those that can buck up and respect the rest of the community and especially others' characters (once again the narratives I had the pleasure of reading were astonishing) should be, in my eyes, the ultimate role models and goals of any role playing community, not necessarily the administration team (creating an immersive experience and environment is not a matter of solely the direction the admin team wishes to take the server, but instead what the player-base wants as well). And that goes back to my point about special treatment, and even resounds to the topic of this application format: this is not a position of power, but instead a job, and I would very well accept that job and all the responsibilities it entails. I want to help sculpt HGN's narrative and create an interesting and most of all fun experience for the players, while being as fair and just as possible in order that I might provide for that experience.

So, to that end, I hope you guys consider me. Thanks for reading!

jaik

Quote from: Purple Sockz on 17-06-2015

sorry but we dont accept roasties and used goods here
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

zuxapu

In the fifty six seconds, you can get the coal from this Klefboms drive. The Friday evening is now waiting for the better gaming style. You can sign in in this place with the legit essay services. The music should be better with the game because it makes a good style in it.