Yes, For sure !
53 (88.3%)
It Wouldn't work
4 (6.7%)
No !
3 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Silver Knight

Me and Raidenator have been discussing a Lobby idea, where players spawn in a nice little room, abit of music, S.T.A.L.K.E.R like themed, and you have a choice of wandering through portals to certain area's of the map, to keep the map more widespread.

Pro's

Choose where you want to go in the zone.
Con's
Could cause Metagaming to some extent

Just a Idea, nothing final.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Cobra

I love the idea so Freedomers can just walk over to the freedom base spawn (When we get our own base I hope D:) And Duty can just walk into the spawn of there own base. And so on and hopefully you can implant a Lua script where they can't shoot inside the lobby. And to toss one more suggestion in can we have ammo boxs in the lobby.... (Ammo doesn't cost much but it is irritating to go buy ammo and get killed when only using 10 rounds)

Welshy

Good idea fair play silver, but with the portals there could be some abuse there, like freedom or duty spawning in eachothers bases and then starting  some dm wars and stuff, but if you can find a way to stop factions entering their enemies portals (when their flagged) then i cant see anymore problems (you've probably thought of this already tho.)

I am Soldier - Play Free Online Games

Silver Knight

Quote from: Ganendor on 03-07-2009
Good idea fair play silver, but with the portals there could be some abuse there, like freedom or duty spawning in eachothers bases and then starting  some dm wars and stuff, but if you can find a way to stop factions entering their enemies portals (when their flagged) then i cant see anymore problems (you've probably thought of this already tho.)

Indeed :P

itsjustguy

So its decided as a YES
EDIT
Wait will we have multiple for one spawn position ? cos i got a feeling people will get stuck often.
"Where ground is soft most often grows, arise! Arise! Arouse! A rose!...a rosy rose ?

Tunddruff

I like this idea, id just make it sectors... but have names... Also, a tad off topic, I think the entrance to the bar should be more obvious

~Ness~

Ravanger

A lobby in a way sounds kind of nice. Like has a basic information page on a wall and stuff for new players and list of basic commands so they kind of get the picture.

Locke

Sounds good, and to touch on ganendor's comment, how about you cannot enter specific portals, such as another faction's base, without a scripted permission from the faction's officer(s)

Fluffy

We could use this as an idea or Revamp it a bit for as going from server to server :P Probably some minigames in the Lobby aswell.

+SUPPORT FROM FLUFFERS!

Creeding

Not that extent, but a lobby would be nice.

Idea: Menu in which you select where you want to sawn rarther then a walk-about room. Eg, spawn in lobby, select where you want to spawn with witch char. Possible a 'prefence', 'always spawn here' or a 'random' tick box system?
This message may or may not be endorsed by Creeding and he is by no means held to any comments, posts or any of the like made... Oh, and no. I dont like fancy pancy signatures.

Ravanger

Yeah lobby is actually a great idea.

Wellington

Tunddruff

Anyone notice how the poll says 4 voters, but has 15 votes?

itsjustguy

"Where ground is soft most often grows, arise! Arise! Arouse! A rose!...a rosy rose ?

Dom

How about the lobby is a bar?

klp4

It's a very good idea, I like it.
I agree with Dom that it could be a bar somewhere, and maybe you could only have a few choices where you want to go, if you have portals.
"I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude diquised as another dude!"

The myth says that Radek has two arms, the myth also says that the devil has two arms. Coincidence? I think not.

Plunger

The main problem I foresee is that factions spawn in each others bases. To fix this I suggest you get teleported to the tunnels which divide the sectors.

Another idea is the list of commands that was suggested before. Maybe a wall of commands and rules?

Silver Knight

We are considering a lobby server now.

Tea

What do you mean by lobby server?

Plunger

Like it shows all the possible servers you can join.

TheBigS

What if, instead of a lobby like this (not ragging on the idea) you spawned based on your flag.

For example, if you choose a character with the Duty flag, you will spawn in the duty base. The same goes for all the different factions that have a set in stone base of operations.
Jasen Theck
-- STALKER RP // Duty - Recruit / Irish / 24 --

Silver Knight

Quote from: Plunger on 28-07-2009
Like it shows all the possible servers you can join.

Indeed, Gmod Tower has a Lobby, so does Sass, and we have enough servers and content for a Lobby, so, why not? :P

Raidenator

I'm liking this idea less the more you guys talk about it.

What's the point of wasting resources on a lobby server when the actual server rarely fills up?

Not to mention the lobby would have to be massive to make up for the fact we have a server devoted to it.

When I pitched the lobby idea, I was talking about the one from rp_amsterville, or gm_atomic.

nofearkid

He was talking about a lobby within the map... Not another server. A lobby that had quick ports to all the major locations within the map.
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.
-Confucius