Laboratory X18 | Now you are Curious? ;)

Started by opti2000, 04-04-2013

Next map?

Laboratory X-16 (Located in Yantar)
0 (0%)
Laboratory X-19 (Located in the Red Forest)
0 (0%)
Agroprom Underground
0 (0%)
Prypjat
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

opti2000

Hello guys

I am a passionate mapper and also a big fan of the STALKER series. So i've decided to create a replica of the underground laboratory X18 from the original game Shadow of Chernobyl.

If you are sceptical how that would look like here are some pictures.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Please note that the map is still in a early construction phase and the entire 2nd lower floor is missing. Need some time to finish everything of it :)

After finishing everything i would like to release it for a public beta testing and maybe you guys can use it for something :)

Also if i finished this project i wanna recreate all the areas of the original game of STALKER. I know it is a big project but i like to map because its my hobby :) I hope you liked it so far.

Silver Knight

Opti2000 i would recommend you use our content (Textures, sounds and models) for your maps, we have hundreds of models and textures from the STALKER game.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Knife_cz

opti2000

Quote from: SilverKnight on 04-04-2013
Opti2000 i would recommend you use our content (Textures, sounds and models) for your maps, we have hundreds of models and textures from the STALKER game.

Oh really?

I allready ported a lot of Textures from the original game to use it for mapping but you guys got models?

Where can i get those models?

Silver Knight

Quote from: opti2000 on 04-04-2013

Oh really?

I allready ported a lot of Textures from the original game to use it for mapping but you guys got models?

Where can i get those models?

It's in our SVN. http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/the-cordon/s-t-a-l-k-e-r-content-pack-*dl*-thread/

Gonztah

opti2000

Well, i know you guys are roleplaying stalker.

So my question is do you have special wishes to optimize X18 for roleplaying?

Silver Knight

You know, if you want us to use one of your maps, they have to be designed for roleplay and have to be huge. Current maps we have take up entire sections of the game or bigger. Sadly this lab map would only suit being an event map.

Gonztah

You know, if you want us to use one of your maps, they have to be designed for roleplay and have to be huge. Current maps we have take up entire sections of the game or bigger. Sadly this lab map would only suit being an event map.

But if it could be integrated into chernobyl.... that'd be cool.

opti2000

Quote from: Gonztah on 04-04-2013

Thats not a big deal to integrate X18 in another map but i will not do this. Because i want it like in the original game,
I want the perfect replica in the source engine. I will implement it in my dark valley map. Yes you guys read correctly i am also recreating the dark valley :)

lolKieck

Quote from: Gonztah on 04-04-2013

Thats not a big deal to integrate X18 in another map but i will not do this. Because i want it like in the original game,
I want the perfect replica in the source engine. I will implement it in my dark valley map. Yes you guys read correctly i am also recreating the dark valley :)

why not integrate it
oh wait, no fun allowed
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

opti2000

why not integrate it
oh wait, no fun allowed

What do you mean? o.O Why no fun allowed?

Steven :D

why not integrate it
oh wait, no fun allowed

it was an inside joke for us veterans here thats all.

looks nice though.

lolKieck

why not integrate it
oh wait, no fun allowed

It'd be great if the underground would be integrated into our map though. Would be one of the best places to do events.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

opti2000

It'd be great if the underground would be integrated into our map though. Would be one of the best places to do events.

Okay well your cute cat signature convinced me. I'll think about that implementing X18 in one map of your choice.  ;D

Lent23

Okay well your cute cat signature convinced me. I'll think about that implementing X18 in one map of your choice.  ;D
Deadsector.
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

opti2000

I am now trying to improve the atmosphere of the map.
Here is a perfect example.

(Guess which part this is)  ;D

INA7HAN

Does it come with slender man? That'd be awesome, slender man was created by the zone in the lab and is out to kill you :P

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Silver Knight

Quote from: opti2000 on 05-04-2013
I am now trying to improve the atmosphere of the map.
Here is a perfect example.

(Guess which part this is)  ;D

Change the light model to red and add a fake red light or a sprite to show where it's emitting from.

opti2000

Change the light model to red and add a fake red light or a sprite to show where it's emitting from.
[/quote]

You want it more like this?
Well here you go just compare the 2 pictures.

opti2000

You want it more like this?
Well here you go just compare the 2 pictures.

deluxulous

Quote from: Steven :D on 04-04-2013
it was an inside joke for us veterans here thats all.

not really, it's just sarcasm. derives from this picture: the more you know

anyways the map looks decent so far, looks like youre making progress

opti2000

Hey guys wazzup dont worry im not dead still working on the map i am nearly finished. Just need to create the big hall where you meet the first time a pseudogiant and the room with the test laboratory.

But i got a question: Is here maybe someone who is experienced in ripping models? Well i mean i got the basics of X18 (Rooms, hallways, Stairs etc) but its so empty. I dont have the appropriate "props" and i dont want use some shit from the HL2 series. Just asking.

I tried to rip things from the original game with 3DXripper and loaded them into blender but well that was my first time using blender haha xD But well nevermind. Hope someone can help me with the models.

EDIT: Also i want to ask what you guys want next as a map?

deluxulous

Quote from: opti2000 on 20-04-2013
Hey guys wazzup dont worry im not dead still working on the map i am nearly finished. Just need to create the big hall where you meet the first time a pseudogiant and the room with the test laboratory.

But i got a question: Is here maybe someone who is experienced in ripping models? Well i mean i got the basics of X18 (Rooms, hallways, Stairs etc) but its so empty. I dont have the appropriate "props" and i dont want use some shit from the HL2 series. Just asking.

I tried to rip things from the original game with 3DXripper and loaded them into blender but well that was my first time using blender haha xD But well nevermind. Hope someone can help me with the models.

EDIT: Also i want to ask what you guys want next as a map?

There are a ton of models in the SVNs (The STALKER one specifically), which you can find here: http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/announcement/?aid=2

opti2000

There are a ton of models in the SVNs (The STALKER one specifically), which you can find here: http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/announcement/?aid=2

Awww sorry and thanks. But it takes so long with SVN to download this.

EDIT: seriously the download takes too long is there also a normal download link? I just need the models thats all.