Some Information of Duty

Started by Krieg, 10-12-2008

Krieg

These are my two cents, since I love DUTY.

DUTY

A paramilitary group known for its discipline, whose members live according to a strict code. Duty members are the only group who refuse to trade unique items from the Zone with the outside world. According to rumors, all artifacts found by the group are passed on to scientists. Its members consider protecting the outside world from the Zone's dangers their primary objective. Most of the group's operations concern destroying monsters, hence Duty raids often save normal stalkers from serious trouble. The faction has long been at war with Freedom.

Typical Duty Loadout

These are just speculations, they're not official.

Normal Member Loadout:

Armor : PSZ-9d Duty Armor

Produced by one of Kiev's defence research institutes and commissioned by the Duty faction. It is as simple and reliable as the standard PSZ-9 mode, but due to the new materials, it provides good protection from various harmful impacts, including firearm damage. The vest still needs some work because it has no breathing protection system.

Weapon : Obokan

The weapon of the elite troops in the Russian army. It was designed as a replacement for the outdated Akm 74/2. Not only the Obokan's internal mechanisms but also its receiver and its barrel are moveable, which decreases the recoil and increases accuracy.

Secondary Weapon : Fort 12 - Mk2[/b]

A police pistol of Ukranian production, replaced the PMm. In comparison with the other pistols, it has improved accuracy, ergonomics and a larger magazine, but it is less reliable.

-------------------------------------------------

Medium/High Ranked Duty Member Loadout:

Armor : PSZ-9Md Universal Protection

A wonderful protective suit for the Zone. Stalkers appreciate it because it combines excellent anomaly-proof and bullet-proof qualities. It includes the PSZ-9d suit, closed cycle breathing system and an integrated system of anomalous field suppression. It provides quality bullet and splinter protection.

Weapon : Obokan

The weapon of the elite troops in the Russian army. It was designed as a replacement for the outdated Akm 74/2. Not only the Obokan's internal mechanisms but also its receiver and its barrel are moveable, which decreases the recoil and increases accuracy.

Secondary Weapon : Fort 12 - Mk2[/b]

A police pistol of Ukranian production, replaced the PMm. In comparison with the other pistols, it has improved accuracy, ergonomics and a larger magazine, but it is less reliable.

-------------------------------------------------

High Ranked Duty Member Loadout:

Armor : Exoskeleton

A military exoskeleton prototype. It never went into serial production, because of extreme cost and some design flaws. It is however produced in small batches in small illegal factories outside of Ukraine. This is a third generation exoskeleton. The design defects which used to decrease its mobility were eliminated and the armor was reinforced. It provides excellent bullet and splinter protection. It has a low level of anomaly protection.

Weapon : Tunder S14

An assault rifle combined with a grenade launcher. It is a very good type of assault rifle for the Zone conditions: it is compact, reliable, but universal and powerful. The Tunder S14 is one of the favorite rifles of the military stalkers.

Or...

Weapon : Vintar BC

A special sniper rifle designed for noiseless and flameless sniper fire and equipped with an integrated silencer. It can pierce any bulletproof vest at a range of 400 meters. It is a weapon highly valued by stalkers of any level.

Secondary Weapon : Kora-919[/b]

A nice gun, which was presented in all the conflicts of the 20th century with honor and entered the new century with confidence. Its small-size magazine is partially compensated by the use of a high-powered round.

This information is just my two cents.

Rohok

Krieg, with your permission, I would like to use some of this post in my own, Duty Information topic.

I will, of course, credit you.

Krieg

Quote from: Rohok Krieg, with your permission, I would like to use some of this post in my own, Duty Information topic.

I will, of course, credit you.

This thread was made to help Duty, there is no problem at all.