SRP: Economy Discussion (Because it needs its own spot)

Started by irondeity, 17-11-2012

Paintcheck

I think people are trying to focus on new players coming (or at least that is what I am trying to do). Yeah the old guys who'd been around forever and had more money than the GDP of every country combined didn't care but new players would really struggle to get a foothold when everyone else is running around in Exos and G36s and they have a makarov. Coupled with the fact that mutants and bandits tended to go after people who couldn't defend themselves and you make life very miserable for anyone who wasn't around at server launch if you don't come up with a way to make them competitive without spending weeks gearing up at the mercy of everyone else.

Khorn

Quote from: Nik3 on 03-12-2012
I think the guns are the least important thing right now.
And to be honest, I did not see any problem with the economy. When people had millions, they engaged RP and didnt care if they lost stuff instead of crying in corner sucking their thumb because that bad-bad-ThY is on Albino and raping everyone.

So do you mean the handful of players that was on SRP everyday, or the admin team?

Lent23

Quote from: Paintcheck on 03-12-2012
I think people are trying to focus on new players coming (or at least that is what I am trying to do). Yeah the old guys who'd been around forever and had more money than the GDP of every country combined didn't care but new players would really struggle to get a foothold when everyone else is running around in Exos and G36s and they have a makarov. Coupled with the fact that mutants and bandits tended to go after people who couldn't defend themselves and you make life very miserable for anyone who wasn't around at server launch if you don't come up with a way to make them competitive without spending weeks gearing up at the mercy of everyone else.
It's obviously Silverknight's way to get people to donate. Starting with an AK-74 will let you live, right?
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

Paintcheck

I would be incredibly surprised if the (shitty) donator gear was what people donated for. I know I threw my $20 in for the Bloodsucker flag.

Tom

I hope you didn't donate for the gear lent.

If so. . .

I hope you step on a Lego
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

HitMan5523

I'm hip! What are you talking about!

Lent23

Quote from: Tom on 03-12-2012
I hope you didn't donate for the gear lent.

If so. . .

I hope you step on a Lego
I donated because I like HGN
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

Steven :D

useful oc

and typical SK reaction:

typical all hgners reactions

nKe

Solution: Throw money at newbies like I do.

Steven :D

Quote from: Nik3 on 04-12-2012
rookies reaction to getting less money they expect

Gonztah

I once saw a rookie do a simple job, he got offered like 500 rubles and raged and refused to take the money.

lolKieck

Doesn't change the fact that mostly traders took people with a lot of good gear to do a job over a newbie.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Paintcheck

Actually more like most people with good gear out muscled the rookies when traders would offer jobs.

I will never forget the time I made a job for rookies and Fail Platoon showed up and killed all my NPCs before any of the rookies even got to my trading post then tried to rob me when I didn't pay them enough for doing so (this despite me advertising what the job would pay when I announced it).

In short, players are dicks who will try as hard as they possibly can to ruin anything a trader/admin tries to set up as an event. Which is why traders don't set up jobs that much. You spend 30 minutes setting something up carefully only for people to rush out without RP, complete the job in 5 minutes, and then bitch at you for an hour for not paying the 1000000000000000 rubles and 10 exos for doing the job.

We've come full circle at this point but really if you want to see more jobs you need to either get players who know when to stop and don't vacuum up all the jobs/gear/loot despite having 10 Sevas and 5 G36s already or make jobs much faster to set up/less painful to run.

Basically just get better players and the economy won't be such an issue. Unfortunately that's unlikely to happen.

jaik

Quote from: Paintcheck on 04-12-2012
get better players

i suggest we raise an HGN generation
how many female members do we have
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

nKe

Quote from: Jake on 04-12-2012
get better players

Jake, I booked Dark Angel for you since you two had something special in the past.

lolKieck

get better players

Jake, I booked Dark Angel for you since you two had something special in the past.
erase astarathia from your list nke

jaik

get better players

we still do
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Lucky Pig

Quote from: Steven :D on 04-12-2012

Yeah, I offered a rook like 800 rubles, while he got 1500 from the last job. He left without taking the money and called me a dick, both IC and OOC.

Rebel6609

Quote from: Lucky Piig on 04-12-2012
Quote from: Steven :D on 04-12-2012

Yeah, I offered a rook like 800 rubles, while he got 1500 from the last job. He left without taking the money and called me a dick, both IC and OOC.

Thats when the magical winds of the north blow in and cause him to.. "accidently" fall into a anomaly and lose all his shit! Life lesson learned: Be greatful for what you get.

<22:23:04> "Puffles": gofuckyourselfaggot
<22:25:12> You were banned for 5 hours from the server by "Cole" (For trolling)
Never in my life have I ever had to endure 9 yearolds calling me a banana picker, and then get banned afterwards for doing nothing wrong.
Promising Young admins.

MorsTactica

I'd like to see some sort of automated quest/task giving system, just basic stuff for a 100 Rubles
I bet you were expecting something funny, weren't you?

lolKieck

Quote from: MorsTactica on 06-02-2013
I'd like to see some sort of automated quest/task giving system, just basic stuff for a 100 Rubles
As Khorn said, old thread is a dead thread, but this thread can't be killed due to the nature of the discussion.
Seriously though, I do not agree with your idea mainly because of average GMod RPer's nature. They'd just go and do the jobs, not caring about the RP, removing any kind of passive we have right now.

Ragolution

nKe

Ragolution

Quote from: Nik3 on 07-02-2013
Quote from: Ragolution on 07-02-2013
Vending Machines.
Vendor NPC's selling ammo and food.
They're exactly the same thing anyway.

Rook

Quote from: Tom on 17-11-2012
Make people work for money.

Either get dedicated people to funnel money into the economy with jobs

Or alternatively make NPCs that give simple kill/fetch quests

This.
Also paychecks should be reasonably high, but a much higher "cooldown" that restarts when you join a server, so you can't just come on for a bit, wait for a paycheck then log off feeling like you've done something, so RPing over a long time will be more rewarding, and there's more incentive to stay on the server for longer.

About the kill/fetch quests, I suggest a piece of coding for a possible bounty board, now this will take a bit of elaborating.

1. The person who puts up a job, it can either be a bounty for a person, an item, or to clear out an area. so:

-If it's a person, it just requests the persons name and reward when posting the bounty, when you kill the person, you go back to the board and you get your cash. (Possible dog-tags people drop upon death that resets it's "validity" when new bounties are posted on them, making it a bit more complicated than just capping the guy and you get cash.

-An item, the board will randomely spawn the item (Dropdown box?) within an area (drop down box?) so no-one actually knows where it is. Anyone that brings back the Item gets the reward.

-Clear an area, when issuing the job, it asks for the area (Dropdown?) , type of enemies (Dropdown? NPC's: Bandits, Mercs, Bloodsuckers, Dogs), Number of enemies and reward.
To be honest, I'm not sure how the reward would be issued to this kind of job, but I'm sure you guys could help me out here.