SRP: Economy Discussion (Because it needs its own spot)

Started by irondeity, 17-11-2012

MorsTactica

I bet you were expecting something funny, weren't you?

darkzerxx

You people relize the servers not even a week into open alpha and your complaining. I was up till one am talking with Sharrock about traders and such and how we are slowly funneling money into the economy. we don't wanna flat out give players X ammount of money cause stalker doesn't work like that, it encourages players to coming back and earn more. Yes starting with 500 is kinda necessary because you need food and ammo to do jobs but really people. stop worrying when we haven't even reached week two, it will work out in time.
Ex-Duty-converted Monolith:|Draco 'Dice' stellem|Decease
Stalker/Trader:|Dracovich Raka|Alive
Eco:|Dr.Richard L. Vangraff|In zone
Stalker:|Scarler 'becca' Owen|Alive
Ex-freedomer-duty:|Levi'Fox'Krillen|Alive
Stalker:|Taylor 'trinity'|Alive
Sucker:|Hunter|Alive
Military:|Scarlet Stroik|alive

MorsTactica

Quote from: darkzerxx on 07-02-2013
You people relize the servers not even a week into open alpha and your complaining. I was up till one am talking with Sharrock about traders and such and how we are slowly funneling money into the economy. we don't wanna flat out give players X ammount of money cause stalker doesn't work like that, it encourages players to coming back and earn more. Yes starting with 500 is kinda necessary because you need food and ammo to do jobs but really people. stop worrying when we haven't even reached week two, it will work out in time.

Not complaining, just suggesting. I do realize how very "In Alpha" the server is right now, I've yet to see a Free Stalker with anything but a rookie jacket. I'm only participating in the formation of one of my favorite pastimes.
I bet you were expecting something funny, weren't you?

darkzerxx

Quote from: MorsTactica on 07-02-2013

Not complaining, just suggesting. I do realize how very "In Alpha" the server is right now, I've yet to see a Free Stalker with anything but a rookie jacket. I'm only participating in the formation of one of my favorite pastimes.
Understood, We just gave teir 1 to my trader and sharrock so we can sell more suits and guns to stalkers as well as been givin a bit more to compensate the pricing of said items so we will be giving more missions out today(as in right now since im getting on.)
Ex-Duty-converted Monolith:|Draco 'Dice' stellem|Decease
Stalker/Trader:|Dracovich Raka|Alive
Eco:|Dr.Richard L. Vangraff|In zone
Stalker:|Scarler 'becca' Owen|Alive
Ex-freedomer-duty:|Levi'Fox'Krillen|Alive
Stalker:|Taylor 'trinity'|Alive
Sucker:|Hunter|Alive
Military:|Scarlet Stroik|alive

Otto

There's a reason we have this thread called "economy discussion."

We're giving suggestions, not complaining.

Paintcheck

It's also easier to get the economy moving in the correct direction right after a major wipe rather than waiting for everything to go to shit in 2 months and then people being mad when the server needs to be wiped again.

You can do this the correct way, which is get as much in place NOW or you can do it the way politicians do it: put off the hard decisions as long as they can until it's too late to actually fix the problem.