HOW ABOUT A RADICAL IDEA

Started by meetdadoom, 23-08-2012

Corocan

Quote from: Tom on 01-09-2012
Quote from: knife_cz on 01-09-2012
Quote from: Corocan on 01-09-2012

Am I seriously the only one whose ever considered this?

* knife_cz goes in slow-mo and dodges all the bullets because he is a secret agent

But Knife you're not an Admin?

Also, that's like saying HL2RP is a shitty idea because you can't kill metrocops when you feel like it. An Agent promotes FearRP which promotes action RP which promotes donations which promotes naked money bathes at Silver's penthouse.

Knife_cz

* knife_cz goes in slow-mo and dodges all the bullets because he is a secret agent

Also, that's like saying HL2RP is a shitty idea because you can't kill metrocops when you feel like it. An Agent promotes FearRP which promotes action RP which promotes donations which promotes naked money bathes at Silver's penthouse.
Are you saying that only Admins could be Agents?
From my knowledge Agents weren't anyhow unique in Matrix universe, there was _alot_ of them.

And when did I said its a shitty idea? I am just saying how roleplaying in Matrix roleplay would look like, I am not sure if you seen the movies like me, but there were /agents/ which could go 'Lol I can avoid all your bullets'

jaik

From my knowledge Agents weren't anyhow unique in Matrix universe, there was _alot_ of them.

And when did I said its a shitty idea? I am just saying how roleplaying in Matrix roleplay would look like, I am not sure if you seen the movies like me, but there were /agents/ which could go 'Lol I can avoid all your bullets'

fuck your agents

i am Neo
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

meetdadoom

Tor so far is the only good idea. All the other ideas sound dumb fuck retarded.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Gonztah

Quote from: INA7HAN on 01-09-2012
TOR uses Origin.....So i'm not downloading it anymore.

It's not using Origin....

INA7HAN

Quote from: Gonztah on 01-09-2012

I went to make a free account to play up to lv15 and it said It will use EA/Origin.

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Gonztah

Quote from: Gonztah on 01-09-2012

I went to make a free account to play up to lv15 and it said It will use EA/Origin.

I have a free account and I'm playing right now and I've seen nothing that said I'd be needing Origin.

SGT-Spartans

GTA IV has no chance of ever being an RP sever. GTA-MP died, along with that prospect.
SRP chars:
Vasilli 'Vasoline' Nikolaev - Freedom - Alive
Aleksey Ipanov - Spooky Trenchcoat Man - Alive
'Pale' - Bloodsucker - Alive

Ragolution

Quote from: meetdadoom on 01-09-2012
Tor so far is the only good idea. All the other ideas sound dumb fuck retarded.

Quote from: Ragolution on 31-08-2012
Everyone's ignoring the fact that TOR is a bad game.

Paintcheck

It's WoW (at least I think it is I've never actually played WoW but judging from videos and stuff) in the Star Wars universe with a better story for your characters so I don't see how it's any worse than any other MMO-for example the WoW server you've failed at hosting 2 or 3 times now. You also don't have to play it. The phrase "Stop liking what I don't like" comes to mind.

Other than EA's terrible decision to try to use a subscription model in an age where no one will pay it I don't see any differences between it and every other MMO out there. And no it doesn't use Origin. I think you can purchase it through Origin but you do not have to. If it used Origin I would have never let Irondeity talk me into getting it.

Ragolution

Quote from: Paintcheck on 01-09-2012
It's WoW (at least I think it is I've never actually played WoW but judging from videos and stuff) in the Star Wars universe with a better story for your characters so I don't see how it's any worse than any other MMO-for example the WoW server you've failed at hosting 2 or 3 times now. You also don't have to play it. The phrase "Stop liking what I don't like" comes to mind.

Other than EA's terrible decision to try to use a subscription model in an age where no one will pay it I don't see any differences between it and every other MMO out there. And no it doesn't use Origin. I think you can purchase it through Origin but you do not have to. If it used Origin I would have never let Irondeity talk me into getting it.

Paint, my problem with SWTOR is the fact that it ANNIHILATES KOTOR's lore/story/what have you.

And I do mean ANNIHILATES. You kill Revan. Yes, THAT Revan.

Also, have you seen gameplay videos? It's clunky as fuck.

Edit; I'm not necessarily against SWTOR, I just want everyone to be aware of its downsides.

http://www.swtor.com/free/features

That said, Sith or Republic?

lolKieck

Quote from: Ragolution on 02-09-2012
And I do mean ANNIHILATES. You kill Revan. Yes, THAT Revan.
but what if you are not prepared?

also, on another note
<image>

Please refer to this thread to see how Matrix RP will look like.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

INA7HAN

Paintcheck

You have to create a login for it, yes, but you do not have to install the Origin client which is the evil part of the equation. The client is the spyware shit.

And yes Revan has to die eventually Rag TOR takes place something like 300 years after KOTOR is it that weird to kill him? I've done that mission several times actually. I'm currently Empire with 2 chars on Ebon Hawk which is one of the RP servers. And I don't see how it's any clunkier than other MMOs, most MMOs have shit combat. It's better than GW1's that's for sure.

Syndraell

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Khorn

I still say WarZ. It to shouuld get into open beta soon enough and it's a lot more open than TOR is in the sense of what you want to do.

And you can rent a server and host your own. I'd prefer that the over TOR anyday. I'd prefer SWG over TOR though.

INA7HAN

Quote from: Khorn on 02-09-2012
I still say WarZ. It to shouuld get into open beta soon enough and it's a lot more open than TOR is in the sense of what you want to do.

And you can rent a server and host your own. I'd prefer that the over TOR anyday. I'd prefer SWG over TOR though.
WarZ would be pretty cool, but we don't know what the game's going to be like. It could be complete shit, but if it's not then yes WarZ over TOR.

Paintcheck

Because yet another post apocalyptic server is a good idea

Silver Knight

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

INA7HAN

The WarZ Alpha Gameplay PAX 2012
WarZ Alpha gamplay thanks to Hitman sending me the link

Khorn

Quote from: Paintcheck on 02-09-2012
Because yet another post apocalyptic server is a good idea

Yea, cause a crappy half assed MMO will be the hero HGN needs.. As for WarZ, at least you don't need to really babysit every single player. And most kids would stop playing due to the punishment that comes with death.

An MMO like TOR won't bring players together in the least. You'd need to find some dedicated RPers for it to work. HGN has so few to even think that could happen.

Corocan

Actually I was trying to cleverly pun at how Admins supposedly roleplay.

My humor isn't lowball enough for anyone.

Quote from: INA7HAN on 02-09-2012
The WarZ Alpha Gameplay PAX 2012
WarZ Alpha gamplay thanks to Hitman sending me the link

On another note,

Not the roleplay, just the game.

A zombie game is awesome, but a zombie game where you have a free open world where you can team up with other survivors and build a camp OR be nomads is my fucking wet dream.

And don't say, "Well why didn't you like DayZ?" because at least in The War Z everyone isn't "OH HEY LOOK PERSON PEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEPWEPWEPWPEW LOL I GOT MAKAROV GAIZ.

Paintcheck

Quote from: Khorn on 02-09-2012HGN has so few to even think that could happen.

Right see that's the thing. None of these options is going to fix that, at this point the question should be "What other games are people playing so I can join with people I know" not "What will resurrect HGN?" It's time to move on. It's been time to move on for a while now.

Khorn

They did move on Paint, as I am told the answer to our salvation was, Warhammer 40K.

Tom

Quote from: Khorn on 03-09-2012
They did move on Paint, as I am told the answer to our salvation was, Warhammer 40K.

No incorrect Khorn.

It was to close everything down and THEN try to put up a WH40KRP before Gmod13 comes out :P
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22