[IDEA]Colonial Roleplay

Started by D33tly, 06-08-2012

D33tly

Welcome to Mars
QuoteThe year is 2052, and Earth has long begun it's epansion into space. The first country to start it's external resources policy was the United States of America. It began it's program in 2021, and has the most planets under it's control. During these years, the USA developed new weapons and means of space travel, as to out-do any possible compeditors. Some of these inventions include: the LR-M-6, the F-C-18 starship, aswell as the AC&T or the ACT. These technologies helped the USA pave it's was to it's interstellar empire.
   The USA soon changed it's name to The United Colonies of America, or the UCA, due to them colonizing these worlds to get the last of the resources out of them. Soon after the colonies were set up using the AC&Ts, big businesses began to move out and dig for resources themselves. The colonies soon became small cities, some almost like the cities back on Earth. Mars has just gotten it's colony, and people are flocking to it, some looking for work, others for workers, and some are just following orders.

The Marines
[/u][/b]
QuoteThis is the UCA's main fighting force, to keep peace, fight extraterrestrial, and keep invaders at bay. These men and women fight hard, and are willing to die for the UCA. All soldiers are equiped to fight off anythign that can come at them, and have the training to take on any enemy. They do as they are told, and try to keep alive.

Master Sergeant- x1
-Full Access to Colony
-Full Access to Armory
-Allowed to command Security Chief and below
-Can authorize Special weapons
-Can authorize weapon permits
-Can permit access to Colony
-Allowed to permit specializations

Security Chief- x2
-Full Access to Colony
-Full Access to Armory
-Allowed to command Staff Sergeant and below
-Can authorize Special weapons

Staff Sergeant- x2
-Full Access to Colony
-3rd Teir Access to Armory
-Allowed to command Sergeant and below
-Can permit access to colony
-Allowed to request special weapons

Sergeant- x4
-3rd access to Colony
-2nd Teir Access to Armory
-Allowed to command Corporal and below
-Allowed to specialize

Corporal- x6
-2nd Teir Access to Colony
-1st Teir Access to Armory
-Allowed to command Private First Class and below
-Allowed to specialize

Private First Class- XX
-1st Teir Access to Colony

Private- XX

The Colonists
QuoteThe Colonists are the heart and soul of the Colonies. Without these men and women, the Colonies would cease to function. These men and women are your average citizens of the UCA, but they chose to move to one of the the colonies for their own reasons. There are limitless possibilities for these people, as this colony is owned by the land of opportunity.
   Colonists can do as they please in the colony, as if it was their home back on Earth. They can go down to the shooting range, take a stroll on the steets, head down to the marine HQ for work, or can even work for a private company. Each colonist, when they arrive, will recieve an undisclosed amount of credits for coming, aswell as a PDA and some clothing. The rest is up to them. Due to the confined nature of the colonies, housing can be temporary or permanent, the latter being a much heftier sum to pay. So get your boarding pass, and come to the Mars Colony.

This was written by D33tly, and I didn't look for content due to the change to Gmod 13 soon. Aswell as I think custom will be needed for parts of this.
Optional: http://filesmelt.com/dl/Marine_Initiation.mp3
Taken from Doom 3 files, Pak003.

Khorn

You know, I was thinking of an idea based on Doom. Very similar too this.

But knowing HGN, it will be ignored and shunned away.

Lent23

Quote from: Khorn on 06-08-2012

Shun
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

Silver Knight

I wanted to a doom co-op server for gmod awhile back but couldn't find the dev support to back me up and i didn't want to do all the work myself. :/

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Kelse

Quote from: Last.Exile on 07-08-2012

I wanted to a doom co-op server for gmod awhile back but couldn't find the dev support to back me up and i didn't want to do all the work myself. :/

mfw Exile doesn't trust anyone and still wants help, but even when I offer to help him with things he puts me in charge of things like sweps.

the permaban queen.

D33tly

So, uh.... Does anybody like this idea? I mean I think it's sorta original, as well as I don't think content would be too hard to find / make.

Space suits = White Seva(?)

Marines = Custom would be better, but plenty on garrysmod.org

Civilians = HL2 civilians

Map = This needs to be custom

Laser rifle = Just re-skin (As well as fix) the laser rifle to something like the LR-300. Keep it semi-auto, Add short range scope (Futuristic if possible) and fix the accuracy so people can fire it.

Side note: I would think this would work best on two servers. One server would be the base (No space suit required) the second would be the airlock out and would require a spacesuit for beyond that point.

Side-Side note: Please add +support / -Support if you support this idea or don't support.

Kelse

-support Space RPs are overdone, SSTRP, Space Exploration RP, Space Build, etc, overdone and boring concept all around. PEW PEW LASERS, MONSTER ALIENS, HOSTILE PEOPLE! etc.

the permaban queen.

jaik

Quote from: D33tly on 07-08-2012
So, uh.... Does anybody like this idea? I mean I think it's sorta original, as well as I don't think content would be too hard to find / make.

Space suits = White Seva(?)

Marines = Custom would be better, but plenty on garrysmod.org

Civilians = HL2 civilians

Map = This needs to be custom

Laser rifle = Just re-skin (As well as fix) the laser rifle to something like the LR-300. Keep it semi-auto, Add short range scope (Futuristic if possible) and fix the accuracy so people can fire it.

Side note: I would think this would work best on two servers. One server would be the base (No space suit required) the second would be the airlock out and would require a spacesuit for beyond that point.

Side-Side note: Please add +support / -Support if you support this idea or don't support.

I know I won't surprise anyone by doing this, but I must -support this because we already have shelved Star Wars RP and maybe one day we'll come back to it, but now we don't need any more space related roleplay themes. The difficulty lays mostly on creating a map, as that takes the most time compared to a few re-rigs, ports and code modification(which mostly requires changing model paths and creating whitelists.)
Personally I don't see any kind of Space RP having much success in HGN. Our trademark is Post Apoc(SRP, FRP, HL2RP) and that's what people come here for. Of course it's good to have servers that do not involve the same kind of layout (faction vs. faction focus) and that's what was attempted with Crussaria, but we all know how that ended.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Steven :D

Quote from: Kelse on 07-08-2012
Quote from: Last.Exile on 07-08-2012

mfw Exile doesn't trust anyone and still wants help, but even when I offer to help him with things he puts me in charge of things like sweps.

D33tly

Well, looks like most everyone doesn't want this, well crap.

Khorn

I don't blame them.

So me ideas just can't lift off the ground, and we already seen so many servers die.

Tom

-support Space RPs are overdone, SSTRP, Space Exploration RP, Space Build, etc, overdone and boring concept all around. PEW PEW LASERS, MONSTER ALIENS, HOSTILE PEOPLE! etc.

Not when compared to FORPs, SRPs and post apocalyptic shit like that. Don't say an idea is bad because its "Overdone" when the things we host are even more overdone and more boring. Seen plenty of SSTRPs but I haven't seen anything else that is space based. Then again I haven't really peaked at Gmod lately.

That being said, Perhaps if you did a space RP, you could make it different from SSTRP in some significant way. The way you potray the marines it makes it look like SST.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Khorn

This is more of a hell in space RP.

Unless we don't bother opening the teleports to hell

Kelse

Quote from: Tom on 07-08-2012

Not when compared to FORPs, SRPs and post apocalyptic shit like that. Don't say an idea is bad because its "Overdone" when the things we host are even more overdone and more boring. Seen plenty of SSTRPs but I haven't seen anything else that is space based. Then again I haven't really peaked at Gmod lately.

That being said, Perhaps if you did a space RP, you could make it different from SSTRP in some significant way. The way you potray the marines it makes it look like SST.

Did you bother to read the entire post? The concept all around seems completely boring and quite the unfun gamemode.

the permaban queen.

Tom

Quote from: Tom on 07-08-2012

-snipped-
Did you bother to read the entire post? The concept all around seems completely boring and quite the unfun gamemode.

Yes I read the entire post. Thats why I said "Make it different from SST", but your statement implies that FORP, and SRP is unique compared to the scads of other shitty boring post apocs that gmod has to offer. When compared to Post-Apoc, "Space RP" is more unique in the Gmod community than Post-Apocs (Which is unfortunately the only thing HGN likes apparently, which is a shame)
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

KingArthur

I dont mind this idea, but HGN dosnt have the devs

HitMan5523

I wouldn't mind this!
I'm hip! What are you talking about!

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: KingArthur on 07-08-2012
I dont mind this idea, but HGN dosnt have the devs

I could maybe make some models, would just need some time.

D33tly

Well, seems that majority said its a no go.

Steven :D

Quote from: D33tly on 11-08-2012
Well, seems that majority said its a no go.

Cutch

This idea is much more original than doing yet another post-apocalyptic server.
This ignorance is why we can't have nice things.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: Cutch on 11-08-2012
This idea is much more original than doing yet another post-apocalyptic server.
This ignorance is why we can't have nice things.

I think our server would turn out good, because most of the Space RP servers are just some people farming asteroids for ressources to earn money and get power, without any Admin overwatch or events, I think our server would turn out better because we would have srs rp + active admins (from what I know our admins are kinda active) and we have a playerbase that is interested in good srs rp and not just all farming.

>inb4 gear whores
>inb4 Black can't inb4

Ragolution

Sure we'll get right on that after we finish our other 3 servers.

Bl★ck Star

I am going to model a ressource harvesting drone for this because I am bored and want to learn a bit.

Edit: I accidently my Maya, I just broke the whole program and none of the options is working anymore, gotta wait for my friend to fix it ._.