New FRP Direction! Discuss possible changes, help keep FRP alive!

Started by Kelse, 06-08-2012

Change map?

Yes, Atomic
0 (0%)
Yes, Redemption
2 (22.2%)
Another map
4 (44.4%)
Keep it on rp_apoc
3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Kelse

Okay, seeing as no one is coordinating on FRP, it's on its own and I'm basically the main coordinator at this point in time, we need a new direction for FRP and a new map, I want all of you to discuss here I will be active in this thread, new canon is also an option. We have a thread for that, please keep FRP alive we can't let it die! I may not be an SV but I can still do my best to lead FRP in its current condition.

the permaban queen.

jaik

Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

darkzerxx

I would like a new canon then find or make a new map to fit the new canon.
Ex-Duty-converted Monolith:|Draco 'Dice' stellem|Decease
Stalker/Trader:|Dracovich Raka|Alive
Eco:|Dr.Richard L. Vangraff|In zone
Stalker:|Scarler 'becca' Owen|Alive
Ex-freedomer-duty:|Levi'Fox'Krillen|Alive
Stalker:|Taylor 'trinity'|Alive
Sucker:|Hunter|Alive
Military:|Scarlet Stroik|alive

Silver Knight

The best direction for FORP is to go back to FO3 or NV. Pick things new players and old can familiarise themselves with. Sort out the faction issues and get them active again while promoting non-factioner roleplay.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

onikujo

New Vegas canon is best canon.

No but really it is, the two factions competing with wasters caught in the middle is cool and Legion and NCR are a good group to use because they represent an ideological opposite.

Halley 'Squeeker' Edwards
-Wandering, trying to be helpful

Steven :D

Quote from: onikujo on 06-08-2012
New Vegas canon is best canon.

No but really it is, the two factions competing with wasters caught in the middle is cool and Legion and NCR are a good group to use because they represent an ideological opposite.
Basically this.

Knife_cz

pilot

Maxi96203

Better RP
New faction leaders
Less stupid on forums
Less stupid in server
Less stupid
Events
Things to do
Occasional loot spawns. (Yes I know you don't need loot to RP, but some people just love to have gear.)
Better canon establishment.
More admins.
Good admins.
No more dumb admins.

And uh

I voted redemption.
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Kelse

Quote from: Maxi96203 on 06-08-2012
Better RP
New faction leaders
Less stupid on forums
Less stupid in server
Less stupid
Events
Things to do
Occasional loot spawns. (Yes I know you don't need loot to RP, but some people just love to have gear.)
More admins.
Good admins.
No more dumb admins.

And uh

I voted redemption.

New faction leaders will be put in place.
We've also taken recognition in the sillyness and will be taking care of it.
Pink will be writing up more events.
We'll be making wasters have more things to do, less faction based.
Loot spawns will also be done.
Canon is being established by the community, not admins.
Admins will be removed and readded in the coming days hopefully.

All the problems you've given us have been addressed.

the permaban queen.

Maxi96203

Quote from: Kelse on 06-08-2012
Better RP
New faction leaders
Less stupid on forums
Less stupid in server
Less stupid
Events
Things to do
More admins.
Good admins.
No more dumb admins.

And uh

I voted redemption.

New faction leaders will be put in place.
We've also taken recognition in the sillyness and will be taking care of it.
Pink will be writing up more events.
We'll be making wasters have more things to do, less faction based.
Loot spawns will also be done.
Canon is being established by the community, not admins.
Admins will be removed and readded in the coming days hopefully.

All the problems you've given us have been addressed.

+1 respect

Khorn

Well thanks for including me in your discussions Kelse.

But to be a downer Dan, Spades said the same shit. We've wiped the server and lore multiple times now.

I don't think FRP needs a reboot as it hasn't worked the last 5 times.

Even if we add and change things, the environment still does not feel like Fallout.

Perhaps we should focus and something different, perhaps a group RP, based in Fallout.

I had an idea once that we would roleplay a server as a group while a team of people were DMs so to speak. It be similar to DnD but have our own set of rules.

We have someone or people get a story or make one up. They get a team of people who want to help with it, such as setting the scene up, setting up enemies or events, setting loot up. They also can act as people or creatures in the story.

We have a group of like 6 or so, depending on the story and decision of the DMs. They play through the story and progress as they can.

This would let us build a story as we go, from simple to crazy events. We could use all kinds of maps and models from Garrysmod.org, instead of relying on what we limited ourselves too.

We wouldn't have to worry about filling a map out with wasters and filling the factions up enough to make them matter.

But the chance of anymore caring is slim to none.

pilot

Quote from: Khorn on 06-08-2012

But to be a downer Dan, Spades said the same shit. We've wiped the server and lore multiple times now.

Even if we add and change things, the environment still does not feel like Fallout.

Perhaps we should focus and something different, perhaps a group RP, based in Fallout.

I had an idea once that we would roleplay a server as a group while a team of people were DMs so to speak. It be similar to DnD but have our own set of rules.

We have someone or people get a story or make one up. They get a team of people who want to help with it, such as setting the scene up, setting up enemies or events, setting loot up. They also can act as people or creatures in the story.

We have a group of like 6 or so, depending on the story and decision of the DMs. They play through the story and progress as they can.

This would let us build a story as we go, from simple to crazy events. We could use all kinds of maps and models from Garrysmod.org, instead of relying on what we limited ourselves too.

We wouldn't have to worry about filling a map out with wasters and filling the factions up enough to make them matter.

The first thing I thought was New Haven. Since there not canon to Fallout there still pretty close. Maybe they can be the "NCR" of this idea.

Kelse

Khorn, you've basically said you want FRP to die  ::)

the permaban queen.

Khorn

Maybe because it's dying? Your reboot won't save FRP.

And good that's all you can comment on.

Maxi96203

DnD system
In a game that can support advanced RP scripts.

No pls.

Khorn

Support advance RP scripts?

That is just down right hilarious.

DnD is still a lot more exciting than any GMod RP I ever played. I'd quit FRP and SRP in a heartbeat if I had my old group to play with.

Maxi96203

DnD is still a lot more exciting than any GMod RP I ever played. I'd quit FRP and SRP in a heartbeat if I had my old group to play with.

Go on a roadtrip.
I don't want DnD in my Gmod.
There's a reason I play Gmod, and not DnD.

New Haven is bad, you should feel bad.

Exile should feel bad for not adding this yet.

Khorn

Go on a roadtrip.
I don't want DnD in my Gmod.
There's a reason I play Gmod, and not DnD.

Yea, except it won't be DnD. It be RP without the bullshit crap we create.

We have Gear RP.

pilot

The idea of New Haven isn't bad. I just made some mistakes that made it bad.

nKe

Quote from: pilot on 06-08-2012
The idea of New Haven isn't bad. I just made some mistakes that made it bad.
ie. making it at the first place.

Anyways, we should go on atomic and change canon to New Vegas.
Opens up enough possibilities for RP.

HitMan5523

What we need is a map for the New Vegas canon. By that, I mean we need a map which offers bases for each faction (BoS,Enclave,NCR,and Legion) and other player based groups.
I'm hip! What are you talking about!

No auto-playing music in discussion threads.

Frostee