Ups and downs of HGN

Started by Redbark, 21-06-2012

Redbark

Now, HGN is a great community. Straight forward and strict, yet fun and enjoyable. I made this thread, even though I have no moderation on anything, I made htis thread for players, like ourselves to express our feelings to HGN.

(Note: I dropped this project THREE times.)

The Ups
Playerbase Now the playerbase, who are active, are either, kids, bronies, furries, or regular people. And thats what makes this community enjoyable. This community has such different people that interesting or funny threads,topics,talks are made. Without our playerbase, this community would collapse into a dark abyss... I.E, in 2009/8, nothing would even happen.

Servers The servers are great, well thought about and planned. Stalker RP, is a rare rp to come by, and that is what makes it interesting. The fallout RP is common, but this current rp server has something about it that I don't know, and makes me want to play more.  While, the Aceon server has a friendly playerbase, and fairly non-strict rules. The Terraria server has a great playerbase also, and enough mods to stop almost anything. While the SCP server... Lets leave that.

Administration Now, imagine what HGN would be like if we only had 1/4 of our current admins today. More chaos than it already has right now. Our admins are well focused, and HGN seems to get some of the best, and yes, I know some aren't good, but we have a well kept administration team.

The Downs
Playerbase Of course everything has it's perks. HGN is swarmed with bronies/furries, and that gets pretty annoying. I may be a brony, but most of us have to just spam ponies/furries in almost evry thread POSSIBLE. And we also have the trolls and kids. These people make it hard for us to even co-operate with anything. THe kids always whine/shout in their mics, or be immature perverts. The trolls will give us laughs here and there, but it gives new players a rough start here, or just makes us get a bad view, and this gets pretty annoying.

Servers Not much to say here, but the lack of players is one thing. Events help keep players interested, and we always get the retarded kids who barely know how to roleplay... You know what I am just going to say, the only lack I see is the players, and playerbase.

Administration Now I have held this in, but since HGN is well organized, that also means... We are strict. Now yes, we have fun here, but the rules here are so strict sometimes, that it will take the fun away, and sometimes we get the worst admins possible, the ones that lie, or don't know the damn rules, and abuse their powers. But, not that much to say here either.

Rating
4.4/5
HGN will always be a memory to me, whether I am banned for some reason, or left, this will be an amazing journey.
I have been here since november and always will be until banned, or left.
Live long and prosper HGN.

meetdadoom

Lol, did Silver offer you adminship if you wrote this?

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Redbark

Quote from: meetdadoom on 21-06-2012
No, I just did it.

Syndraell

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Silver Knight

Hey Misha do you want admin of the banned-mobile?

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

meetdadoom

Quote from: Redbark on 21-06-2012

Playerbase Now the playerbase, who are active, are either, kids, bronies, furries, or regular people. And thats what makes this community enjoyable. This community has such different people that interesting or funny threads,topics,talks are made. Without our playerbase, this community would collapse into a dark abyss... I.E, in 2009/8, nothing would even happen.

Wo wo wo, having kids, bronies, furries in a community is a good thing? You end up having threads like this
http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/the-gay-vamp-castle/badass-skid-of-the-month/
this
http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/the-gay-vamp-castle/minecraft-pony-edition/
this
http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/the-gay-vamp-castle/why-aren't-there-perks-avaliable-for-donators/
and videos like these
"Cock Vore Tutorial"...?

So let's pretend that furries, bronies and kids are not a problem on hgn. We still end up having fuck nuts on rp servers being super l33t task force agents that aren't afraid of bullets and are the prophesied one.

Also you weren't around 2008/2009. I was around october 2009 and rp still had fuck nuts like Wazer, Splendor, Crimson,etc, although it was more enjoyable back then. And we can't forget the infamous craze of stalkers coming to the zone to kill the man who kill their father.

Now we have a faction that controls all other factions in a sense, we have everyone armed to the teeth and ready to fuck everyone up yet, nothing happens and ends up everyone chilling in bases waiting for admins to start events when the admin team themselves (save one or two) barely do anything themselves. And the worst part was the spring of "Law Enforcement" stalker groups to put an end to banditry when bandits don't even exist on srp because they end up getting lynched by the entire server.

Servers The servers are great, well thought about and planned. Stalker RP, is a rare rp to come by, and that is what makes it interesting. The fallout RP is common, but this current rp server has something about it that I don't know, and makes me want to play more.  While, the Aceon server has a friendly playerbase, and fairly non-strict rules. The Terraria server has a great playerbase also, and enough mods to stop almost anything. While the SCP server... Lets leave that.

Silver has very little coding experience and mapping experience and always makes poor ass decisions save one or two times. Although I do give him credit for getting better as the years have gone by. The only legitament developer I can credit are Hostel and Dutch.

The Downs
Playerbase Of course everything has it's perks. HGN is swarmed with bronies/furries, and that gets pretty annoying. I may be a brony, but most of us have to just spam ponies/furries in almost evry thread POSSIBLE. And we also have the trolls and kids. These people make it hard for us to even co-operate with anything. THe kids always whine/shout in their mics, or be immature perverts. The trolls will give us laughs here and there, but it gives new players a rough start here, or just makes us get a bad view, and this gets pretty annoying.

This is EXACTLY what I am talking about. This kills HGN and should be the main reason why this community doesn't even deserve a "3/5".

The Ups

The Downs

Servers Not much to say here, but the lack of players is one thing. Events help keep players interested, and we always get the retarded kids who barely know how to roleplay... You know what I am just going to say, the only lack I see is the players, and playerbase.

Contradiction in your own post. You state how active and awesome of a community this is then you talk about how lack of players and retarded kids who barely know how to roleplay.

Administration Now, imagine what HGN would be like if we only had 1/4 of our current admins today. More chaos than it already has right now. Our admins are well focused, and HGN seems to get some of the best, and yes, I know some aren't good, but we have a well kept administration team.

Administration  and sometimes we get the worst admins possible, the ones that lie, or don't know the damn rules, and abuse their powers. But, not that much to say here either.

We have an abysmal of an Admin team save one or two. And the worst part is most of the admin team that was actually good, got kicked out by Silver (ie: Tom and imo the best admin HGN had DuranBlackRaven. ) or left because they are tired of dealing with HGN shit (ie: Plunger, Paintcheck,Locke,Fluffy,etc.) The only good admin I can think of right now on FoRp is Khorn.

Then on Minecraft we have Ragolution who is an okay admin and then we have a weaboo who only plays weaboo-like characters.

Terraria gets to be excluded from critic because I don't know much except for supposedly one admin cybering.

This community all in all does not deserve anything near a 4.4. This thread has absolutely no thought put into and is complete bullshit.

Redbark

Wo wo wo, having kids, bronies, furries in a community is a good thing? You end up having threads like this
http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/the-gay-vamp-castle/badass-skid-of-the-month/
this
http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/the-gay-vamp-castle/minecraft-pony-edition/
this
http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/the-gay-vamp-castle/why-aren't-there-perks-avaliable-for-donators/
and videos like these
"Cock Vore Tutorial"...?

So let's pretend that furries, bronies and kids are not a problem on hgn. We still end up having fuck nuts on rp servers being super l33t task force agents that aren't afraid of bullets and are the prophesied one.

Also you weren't around 2008/2009. I was around october 2009 and rp still had fuck nuts like Wazer, Splendor, Crimson,etc, although it was more enjoyable back then. And we can't forget the infamous craze of stalkers coming to the zone to kill the man who kill their father.

Now we have a faction that controls all other factions in a sense, we have everyone armed to the teeth and ready to fuck everyone up yet, nothing happens and ends up everyone chilling in bases waiting for admins to start events when the admin team themselves (save one or two) barely do anything themselves. And the worst part was the spring of "Law Enforcement" stalker groups to put an end to banditry when bandits don't even exist on srp because they end up getting lynched by the entire server.

Silver has very little coding experience and mapping experience and always makes poor ass decisions save one or two times. Although I do give him credit for getting better as the years have gone by. The only legitament developer I can credit are Hostel and Dutch.

The Downs

This is EXACTLY what I am talking about. This kills HGN and should be the main reason why this community doesn't even deserve a "3/5".

The Ups

The Downs

Contradiction in your own post. You state how active and awesome of a community this is then you talk about how lack of players and retarded kids who barely know how to roleplay.

Administration  and sometimes we get the worst admins possible, the ones that lie, or don't know the damn rules, and abuse their powers. But, not that much to say here either.

We have an abysmal of an Admin team save one or two. And the worst part is most of the admin team that was actually good, got kicked out by Silver (ie: Tom and imo the best admin HGN had DuranBlackRaven. ) or left because they are tired of dealing with HGN shit (ie: Plunger, Paintcheck,Locke,Fluffy,etc.) The only good admin I can think of right now on FoRp is Khorn.

Then on Minecraft we have Ragolution who is an okay admin and then we have a weaboo who only plays weaboo-like characters.

Terraria gets to be excluded from critic because I don't know much except for supposedly one admin cybering.

This community all in all does not deserve anything near a 4.4. This thread has absolutely no thought put into and is complete bullshit.

Why even be here?

Khorn

That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. Too bad I'm a bit more inactive than I should be.

But, he is right, HGN ain't near a 4.4 of 5. That is way too generous. I mean, I enjoy this community for what I got out of it. But something tells me it's gonna stay a bit too immature for me to be around long.

meetdadoom

Quote from: Khorn on 21-06-2012

But, he is right, HGN ain't near a 4.4 of 5. That is way too generous. I mean, I enjoy this community for what I got out of it. But something tells me it's gonna stay a bit too immature for me to be around long.

THIS

Bl★ck Star

5/5 would bang HGN errday, even tho I am only a Forum Stalker because I have like zero time cause of School.

That's why I only play during Summer/winter/etc -brake on the server.

onikujo

I haven't posted a single pony as of yet...

:'(

Halley 'Squeeker' Edwards
-Wandering, trying to be helpful

Vortigoat

Quote from: onikujo on 21-06-2012
I haven't posted a single pony as of yet...

:'(
Not like you have any pony signatures....

onikujo

At least it's personalized...a sig is a sig, I don't care what's in another persons and I expect the same respect in return at least...

Ket

>Inb4 'holocaust didn't exist'

As much as I respect you Redbark, please don't pull that "Why are you still here???!" excuse.

I've heard it too much.. cough cough zarp cough fags
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

onikujo

Oh god...ZARP...why...

nKe

Quoteleft because they are tired of dealing with HGN shit (ie: Plunger, Paintcheck,Locke,Fluffy,etc.)

Give me a break.

lolKieck

Quote from: Nik3 on 22-06-2012
Quoteleft because they are tired of dealing with HGN shit (ie: Plunger, Paintcheck,Locke,Fluffy,etc.)

Give me a break.
You really need it if you can't objectively look at Plunger.
Also holy shit meetdadoom kudos to you for this post.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Das_Uberman

jaik

You don't even see how you're part of the problem.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

nKe

Quote from: Jake on 22-06-2012

Of course not, he's perfect.

Kelse

I honestly hate you, I really do, Misha isn't really that bad a guy, you're just a fucking idiot is all, not to mention you think you're some god dev even though you're sitting on that /AG-Dir/ Tokiz guy's dick and deving for him because you want some type of high ranking more than likely so you can make poor decisions like you did with FRP in the past.

ITT: Kelse rages about Jake's constant shit posts, when will Jake stop being the shittiest poster on HGN? Tune in next time on Kelse rages about stupid shit.

the permaban queen.

Lucidius

This entire thread just emphasizes the point made by meetdadoom even moreso.

Just throwin it out there as some one who can speak objectivly (I dont know him) but his argument has the most backing in this entire thread and I can safely sa he's winning, so to speak.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

jaik

Quote from: Kelse on 22-06-2012

I honestly hate you, I really do, Misha isn't really that bad a guy, you're just a fucking idiot is all, not to mention you think you're some god dev even though you're sitting on that /AG-Dir/ Tokiz guy's dick and deving for him because you want some type of high ranking more than likely so you can make poor decisions like you did with FRP in the past.

ITT: Kelse rages about Jake's constant shit posts, when will Jake stop being the shittiest poster on HGN? Tune in next time on Kelse rages about stupid shit.

It's pretty amusing to see how much you claim to know about me. I only wish that at least something you said was true so that you wouldn't look like an utter retard.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Redbark

Quote from: Lucidius on 22-06-2012
This entire thread just emphasizes the point made by meetdadoom even moreso.

Just throwin it out there as some one who can speak objectivly (I dont know him) but his argument has the most backing in this entire thread and I can safely sa he's winning, so to speak.
This

Also bronyonikju, what did you use for your sig?

Knife_cz

The Downs
Playerbase Of course everything has it's perks. HGN is swarmed with bronies/furries, and that gets pretty annoying. I may be a brony, but most of us have to just spam ponies/furries in almost evry thread POSSIBLE.

I honestly never seen any Ponies or Furries, except the sigs and GVC/Artwork I belive.
Also - where do you see these "Swarms" of ponies, furries.I must be blind not to see them I guess.

And lol, GVC is living its own world, separate from HGN forums.I don't think you should use it as example, Meetadoom :P.