A non roleplaying server: Morbus

Started by Steven :D, 28-05-2012

Steven :D

http://morbus.remscar.com/ (For when the download is available.)

http://www.youtube.com/v/YnQg_OwjcNY&autoplay=1
http://www.youtube.com/v/4wdAGPyDl7E&autoplay=0
http://www.youtube.com/v/mSaoRCRIwa8&autoplay=0

Short Explanation:
Quote- If you have played the garrysmod gamemode "Parasite", this is like it.
- If you have seen the movie "The Thing", this is like it
- If the above 2 do not apply to you, think of this as ZS + TTT but better
This is not a clone of TTT or ZS

You are a human, these are your friends, and one of them is going to kill you.
As a human you have two goals. The first and most important is to survive until extraction. The second is to find and kill all the Brood Aliens. If you survive until extraction or you and your fellow humans kill all Brood Aliens then you will win. Alone you will be picked off one by one and eventually lose. Together you run the risk of having a Brood Alien in your group, which can be just as dangerous. Choose your friends, and keep them close, but not too close.

You are an alien, this is your prey and you must deceive them and strike when their guard's down.
As a Brood Alien you are able to disguise yourself as a human to deceive the humans into thinking you are a human. At any time you are able to switch into your true alien form and attack! If you kill someone while in your alien form they will become a Brood Alien just like you. Your goal is to infect or kill all humans.

IMPORTANT TERMS:
Brood Alien: Is capable of switching from alien form to human form. The most dangerous type of Alien, 1-2 players are selected to be the first Brood Aliens at the start of the round. More Brood Aliens are made when a human is killed by an Alien in their Alien form.

Swarm Alien: Foot soldier alien, not very strong alone but a formidable enemy when in groups. They have infinite respawns; a player becomes a Swarm Alien if they are killed. (This does not mean infected, if you die as a Brood Alien you become a Swarm Alien)

Horror, Action, and Mystery all in one
Morbus combines ideas from a variety of popular Garrysmod gamemodes and retail games. Players must make decisions on who to trust, who to stick with, and who to kill. Every player's actions will eventually affect other players in one way or another.
Morbus keeps an eerie/scary atmosphere by combining both horrific visual and audio content. Morbus has been claimed to be the scariest Garrysmod Gamemode.
Morbus has many weapons for players to choose from, each fitting individual play styles. Fast paced combat and constant "on your toes" moments are commonplace in Morbus.

No time spent waiting
Unlike in other similar games (TTT), players are never forced to wait for the round to end. Players are sent right back into the action if they are to die. This is accomplished by having Swarm Aliens which act as distractions, and sometimes very dangerous enemies. If a player is ever to die from bullets, falling, ect. Then they will respawn as a Swarm Alien. (If you become infected you respawn as a Brood Alien)

Who turned off the lights?
Every Morbus map has a very dark eerie environment. In all but one map, the lighting is capable of being switched off. This shrouds humans from their surroundings; however Aliens are not hindered by this. Since Aliens are capable of "smelling" (glow) humans from a distance, as well as having advanced eyesight allowing them to see in the dark, Aliens will find that they are more successful when they use darkness to their advantage.

Campers b' Gone
Camping may seem like an excellent idea to some, however not in Morbus. Humans are required to complete a specific need (Eat, Sleep, Wash, Bathroom) every few minutes. If they do not complete this need within a certain time then they will start taking damage every second. This forces humans to move about the map, separate from groups, and leave comfortable corners.

Lots of weapons
Pistols, Submachine guns, rifles, shotguns, Machine Pistols, and more! Morbus has a unique selection of weapons that accommodate different play styles. Since weapons slow your movement, choosing which gun you use is very vital to your success in Morbus.

Evolution
In Morbus Brood Aliens are capable of upgrading their Alien Form every time they infect a human. Like the guns in Morbus, the different upgrades cater to different playstyles.

Items
There will be a number of items that can be picked up and used in Morbus. Items are held and used just like guns; so you cannot shoot your gun and use an item at the same time. Just like weapons, items will weigh you down and slow your movement speed; however items can prove to be well worth the lost speed. Here is a list of some items and uses.

-MedKit - A medkit can be used to heal your wounds or another humans wounds. It has a fixed capacity of healing powers but slowly recharges over time. Medkits are very useful when you are badly injured and need to restore your health to survive.

-Motion Detector - The motion detector uses sound waves to detect movement. Every second the motion detector will ping and mark nearby movement on your screen. Motion detectors can provide humans with invaluable information on the whereabouts of nearby movement, which just might have been caused by an alien.

-Proximity Sensors - These sensors can be dropped on the ground or setup on walls. Whenever something gets near one of your Proximity Sensors you will be alerted with a beeping noise and a message on your HUD. Placing proximity sensors when your walking around is a great way to tell if someone is following you.

-Glow Sticks - If the lights go out, or if you have to go through a dark corridor you may want more lighting then what comes from your flashlight. Glow sticks can be dropped on the ground and ill illuminate the surrounding area. Using glow sticks as artificial lighting if the aliens turn off the lights can save your life.

Teamkilling and ethics
The team killing rules in Morbus are relatively lax, while Admins may still kick/ban you for team killing, in many cases punishment will not be rewarded. In Morbus, if you were to shoot a human with your gun and kill them, they would become a Swarm Alien. This means that they are now against you and won't stop coming for you until your dead. Players think twice before team killing because of this.

Local Voice Chat Only
Humans are unable to communicate long distances. Voice chat and Text chat is limited to players in hearing range of you. Aliens are able to voice communicate with each other across the entire map when in alien form or by pressing their Suit Zoom key.

Now, why I think this would be a good idea

- HGN's Content (Weapon models, etc) can be used if necessary
- Tons of space for additions
- Brings in a ttt-esque playerbase to the community
- Its fun!

+support or -support?

KingArthur

I remember when this first came out, its nice.

Silver Knight

Hmm i guess i could take this up as a project. I would make it more serious than how that looks however (Not roleplay) - Just more aliens like.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

irondeity

Iron can condon this mindless, violent fun.

Unaffiliated: Mikhal 'Sabre' Tokerov -:- Alive
Ex-Military/Spetsnaz: Andrei 'War' Mirkov -:- Alive
Military Observer: Victor Tokerov -:- Alive
Unaffiliated: 'Siege' -:- Deceased
Leoyid 'Rat Tail' Olinsky -:- Alive
The Tar Man -:- No Data

Thanatos

Yes.. Yes please..
+Support

Meanwhile outside of Leshiy's door.

Adam 'Sporadic' Dominika - Alive | Squirrel - Alive | Jordan Redmond - Alive | Njal - MIA | Bowie - MIA

Tom

Quote from: Last.Exile on 28-05-2012
Hmm i guess i could take this up as a project. I would make it more serious than how that looks however (Not roleplay) - Just more aliens like.

Don't do anything to it.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Das_Uberman

+support  even though I know I'll lose sleep every time I play it.

INA7HAN

A while ago a few players from HGN were playing on a server it was really fun. I teamed up with Knife one time but he ended up being an alien -.-. But yeah i would like to see this +support

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Its been released, exile add a server for it plz

Tom

Quote from: Steven :D on 30-05-2012
Its been released, exile add a server for it plz

And don't do anything to the game mode Plx
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Wolfie

Thus.. God, it loook's awesome. When it's up, expect me to spam the shoutbox telling people to get on. <3
I'm Wolfie, snd this is my sig... Uummm... FUUURR TEEHH EEMMPUUHRER!

===== FRP charcaters =====

Guan- Your favorite Chinese scavenger, has a obsession with rumors of the Shi, as well as combat knives.

Tiberius- The annoying gear-lover.