Upcoming STALKER Update + WorldScript Fixes

Started by Silver Knight, 10-04-2012

gamerhead

Quote from: KetChuup on 24-04-2012
Even though that's not true, anyway.

Not every stalker is nice and healthy, some of them smoke too.

This^^

Khorn

I don't know man, I've seen a lot of bulky and well fit stalkers running around.

Though, most end up in anomalies.

meetdadoom

Rank  | Country  | Cigarettes per Adult Per Year
3     | Ukraine    | 2,526
36% of Ukraine smoke. (Sounds like not a lot but, THAT IS A SHIT TON)
ps, sloevnia only beats Ukraine by 11 cigarettes while greece wins first by 500 cigarettes. A might challenge of course, but not impossible. GO UKRAINE!
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_cigarette_consumption_per_capita  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_in_Ukraine

You say some stalkers smoke? I would think more stalkers would be smokers with danger being present HELL I wouldn't mind the buzz of a cigarette to calm me down after three mutants tried to tickle my balls in my sleep and maybe if I am in a safe environment, some pot would be great.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Tom

I think I'll leave my IC smoking habits to /me's. I don't need a script to do it for me/tell me I am doing it.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Midgetonic

Quote from: meetdadoom on 24-04-2012

ps, sloevnia only beats Ukraine by 11 cigarettes while greece wins first by 500 cigarettes. A might challenge of course, but not impossible. GO UKRAINE!
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_cigarette_consumption_per_capita  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_in_Ukraine

You say some stalkers smoke? I would think more stalkers would be smokers with danger being present HELL I wouldn't mind the buzz of a cigarette to calm me down after three mutants tried to tickle my balls in my sleep and maybe if I am in a safe environment, some pot would be great.

It would be nice to have things like that as actual items so people could not just /me smokes weed or w/e....Also could get a little drug related rp into the zone

darkzerxx

Quote from: Midgetonic on 24-04-2012

It would be nice to have things like that as actual items so people could not just /me smokes weed or w/e....Also could get a little drug related rp into the zone
Suddenly Drug cartels. Drug cartels everywhere.
Ex-Duty-converted Monolith:|Draco 'Dice' stellem|Decease
Stalker/Trader:|Dracovich Raka|Alive
Eco:|Dr.Richard L. Vangraff|In zone
Stalker:|Scarler 'becca' Owen|Alive
Ex-freedomer-duty:|Levi'Fox'Krillen|Alive
Stalker:|Taylor 'trinity'|Alive
Sucker:|Hunter|Alive
Military:|Scarlet Stroik|alive

Midgetonic

Not like that..like cigarette packs(is that ingame?), small amounts of weed or w/e...and if unrealistic drug cartels start forming take it all down.

Gonztah

Last I checked there were cig pack items.

Paintcheck

Or it will turn into the food items: no one ever uses them because they are stupidly expensive and offer no benefit over just /meing. Don't use the script to RP for you.

Lent23

Quote from: Paintcheck on 24-04-2012

Or it will turn into the food items: no one ever uses them because they are stupidly expensive and offer no benefit over just /meing. Don't use the script to RP for you.
There's a difference between eating a can of food and taking hits from a joint..
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

Tom

Quote from: Lent23 on 25-04-2012

There's a difference between eating a can of food and taking hits from a joint..

Yes. But at the same time I'm willing to bet that having scripted drugs would be like having scripted food. Which is to say completely useless. I personally don't need a script to tell me I am stoned or drunk out of my mind. I can just RP it through /mes perfectly fine.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Iam333

Quote from: Gonztah on 24-04-2012
Yep, cigs are OOC item in game, but they need non-existent OOC lighter to be used.
Also food gives temp stats boosts. (lol at stalkers drinking energy drinks before fight in arena.)
EDIT:
Fix blowout-safe places.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Iam333 on 25-04-2012
Quote from: Gonztah on 24-04-2012
Yep, cigs are OOC item in game, but they need non-existent OOC lighter to be used.
Also food gives temp stats boosts. (lol at stalkers drinking energy drinks before fight in arena.)
EDIT:
Fix blowout-safe places.

There is already a ic cigarette box in game. It's up to the players to roleplay using it as a prop. The blowout places are "fixed" The open places are too open to protect you from a blowout.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Paintcheck

In game no there isn't. Neither give you gear so no one is going to spend money on it.

Although having the script RP for people might be a good idea. From what I have heard most people in HGN seem oblivious to the fact that

1. Weed is not injected with needles
2. Weed is not a hallucinogen
3. Cigarettes do not immediately give you terminal cancer after 1 use

But for the people who aren't clinically retarded and already realize that having a scripted item doesn't add anything to RP that /me's don't already do. Although the downside of that was I wouldn't get to sit in Teamspeak and listen to people go "Holy shit that kid is retarded, putting marijuana leaves in a syringe and injecting it into your arm is not how that works"

Thanatos

Quote from: Paintcheck on 25-04-2012

In game no there isn't. Neither give you gear so no one is going to spend money on it.

Although having the script RP for people might be a good idea. From what I have heard most people in HGN seem oblivious to the fact that

1. Weed is not injected with needles
2. Weed is not a hallucinogen
3. Cigarettes do not immediately give you terminal cancer after 1 use

But for the people who aren't clinically retarded and already realize that having a scripted item doesn't add anything to RP that /me's don't already do. Although the downside of that was I wouldn't get to sit in Teamspeak and listen to people go "Holy shit that kid is retarded, putting marijuana leaves in a syringe and injecting it into your arm is not how that works"
Weed is classified as a mild hallucinogen, and affects memory. And calling people retarded isnt correct, since the last time you were on was a good two months

Meanwhile outside of Leshiy's door.

Adam 'Sporadic' Dominika - Alive | Squirrel - Alive | Jordan Redmond - Alive | Njal - MIA | Bowie - MIA

Paintcheck

Have you ever smoked weed in your life? It doesn't make you see things, at least not at all "I take a hit and suddenly I see unicorns and dragons flying around!" which is what a lot of people act like when they RP it.

If you've actually ever smoked a strain that has made you hallucinate I would like to hear the name of said strain. Being from California where dispensaries literally delivery to your house as if they were  pizza places I have quite a bit of experience with how it works even if I wouldn't say I was a regular user.

Silver Knight

--------------Stop the weed talk now------------------

This thread is not dedicated to weed.

Upcoming update:

+Added Radar System
+Added new Detector "Pozhinat"
+Added Radar items.
=Detectors are now sold by ecologists, higher tier ones can only be bought from ecologists.
=Radar enhancements are sold by ecologists.

Echo - Detects Low Tier Artifacts
Bear - Detects Mid Tier Artifacts
Veles - Detects High Tier Artifacts
Veles Enhanced Prototype - Detects Artifacts and Radiation
Pozhinat - Detects Artifacts, Radiation and Anomaly's

Radar detects mutants and players.
Radar Enhancement increases range of radar.

Note: I have not done the new artifact detection system yet.

Khorn

So, only eco sells Detectors?

If so, glad I bought one the other day. Since I've only seen a single Eco on in recent weeks.

Though now I need to get an updated variant so I can detect those damnable radiation pockets.

I hate hearing the beeping when I take my evening stroll.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Khorn on 25-04-2012
So, only eco sells Detectors?

If so, glad I bought one the other day. Since I've only seen a single Eco on in recent weeks.

Though now I need to get an updated variant so I can detect those damnable radiation pockets.

I hate hearing the beeping when I take my evening stroll.

Ecologists only sell the high-tier detectors.

Khorn

I assume you mean Veles and above,

And if you do, than I stick to what I said last, about being glad I bought it before hand.

Iam333

Is there some chance we could get "simple" Geiger counters aswell? It might get bit hard to obtain some of those advanced detectors (If its because of money or Eco activity.) just to be able to detect radiation.

Silver Knight

=Fixed 9x18 not giving correct ammo.
=Fixed 12shot not giving correct ammo.
=Changed start menu music to something new and lowered the volume somewhat.
=Fixed databank menu background.

Gonztah

Thanks for fixing the 9x18 ammo, it was annoying how it gave you like 6 rounds and they cost like 40 rubles a box. Will the radar show cloaked bloodsuckers? Kinda defeats the point of cloaking if it does.

Bl★ck Star

lolKieck

REMOVE THE BLOODY RADAR.
It defeats the point of being a bloodsucker and a bandit because people will know you are nearby (which metagames you to death). Not to mention it's impossible to buy a portable motion detector in the Zone.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒