A change has to be made...

Started by MattyK, 26-02-2009

MattyK

It is quite clear that people are losing interest in S.T.A.L.K.E.R RP oncemore, while i may be mistaken as it could just be the Joinlag, we need something to entice more people in.

Nik tells me that Dom is quitting the Eco's, and i feel this as a severe blow to them, as nobody has cared more for a non-combat faction.
Let's look at the list:

- The Desire for Vehicles was part of the Downfall, sure it's okay having a Chopper do a flyby once in a while, but giving out vehicles, or even constructing them in the first place was a no-no.

- Another part was the lack of Devotion, people became Leaders just for the Adminship for the most part, and put no devotion into their actual job, I saw a massive lack of Freedom Vs. Duty, and multiple times Monolith had to assist either faction because they were too weak to do anything.

- A Considerance could be turning the Ecologists into Clear Sky, I would be willing to give up my part as Monolith Leader to become CS's leader.

- Turn Monolith into NPC's. Why? Well there's been a complete breakdown within the faction on the terms of Rules, everybodies sodded off left, right and centre to do their own thing, allying witgh various merc groups as they went.
Plus what do we actually do, let's see... Build Doomfort, DM People, and make incredibly annoying if somewhat amusing bots.

- Also another thing was, while the adminship was plenty, half the time people couldn't tell a dog's arse from the codex of commands, and they failed to be punctual.

Your admins for a reason, not to lead a faction, not essentially to spend half an hour setting up proclaimed "missions", but to help somebody in need, and keep an eye on thatg little "ERROR" who just joined, and tell them where to go. Look at me, I'm not an admin, and I turned the most alledgedly "gun-happy" faction into something of a sucsess, while many a merc groups have failed.

- Traders lacked, ALOT. We miss that friendly bar attitude, and the one or two RPed zombies stumbling in halfway through a fistfight infront of a shotgun-wielding barman, only to turn around to the quivering mass of "uuurgh..." that just stumbled through the door.

- Factional Territories failed, bigtime, I saw the Mil and Eco's teaming up in the bloody trader bunker, that's just wrong :/
Go back to your checkpoint, mil, and charge people to go through, hire Mercs to patrol the fences to make sure nobody meta's through too. And for the love of god, Town is NEUTRAL/TRADER TERRITORY. Have Freedom sit happily inside their shacks by the lake, and DUTY set up around the big Lab.

- What made S.T.A.L.K.E.R such an Adrenaline Rush? The complete and utter DM/Abuse of Mercenaries for one, the unreliability of your comrades, and Minges/Noobs, ala Connor, LoneSoldier, all those. Why not bring them back? With a few restrictions(No TT.).
S.T.A.L.K.E.R has been weaned down to a bare playerbase, where you can walk past a Bloodsucker unarmed, and he;s not even gonna sniff at you, where's the DANGER gone? Banned Ofcourse.

- Bagelz, your complete and utter unpredictable randomness as a Barkeep was what kept us going soo flawlessley, you were there to coo "Ooh, maybe we can sell this zombie to the Ecologists!" instead of "Pew Pew! Shotgun fodder!", get your ass back in gear as Traders Union Leader, and whittles out the Inactive, C'mon man, I, no, the COMMUNITY, needs YOU.

With some fixes, and dministration role changes, S.T.A.L.K.E.R CAN be ontop again, but only if this is followed.
Follow my Twitter HERE!

Dom

Agreed'd, i loved the old atmosphere we used to have. I was considdering applying for trader because i come on the server every day, i also have thoughts about military, perhaps i'l start a new loner clan? Who knows..

Rohok

First of all, Matty, you fall under a lot of those categories, and I hope you're willing to improve as well. I'm going to be adding a rule in about those hover drones. No more of those.

Anyway, Duty will continue to own the town until someone else takes it from them. That's the way it's going to be.

Now, you're the most inactive player here. You yelled at Judas when he took over Monolith, yet you're not even here leading it. As a faction leader, you need to be playing on the server more than anybody else. That's your job. We can't have inactive leaders here. Same with Locke. I'm going to point out names because I strongly believe you guys need to improve your act. I have no problem with you leading Mono, as I think you're a decent leader, and a decent RP'er, but you need to get active, or get out. Other people are more than willing to take your place, and make reforms, and I'm more than happy to stick them in your place.

Get more active, or I'm finding someone else to take your place. As for the lesser amount of players, I'll negotiate with Silver about letting some back in. Considering, of course, there's no way anyone can attack our server unless they DDOS or spam props, I think we can take chances. Now, as for fixing the player problem, we need to lower the content pack size. Everybody voted against that, so now Silver is going to keep it at 500 MB. We need to strip the pack down to the bare minimums. We don't need a million sounds/models/textures to RP STALKER, and if you do, you're not a true Role Player. Another thing we need is a fast DL. I'm trying to convince Silver to let me implement the fast DL, so if you want to do your part, spam him with PMs telling him to let me do that.

Another issue we have is that nobody wants to RP normal STALKERs, and this is quite understandable. I never would've played at SRP if Reece hadn't given me a SEVA suit and a few guns to RP with. I would've quit, because I have to say, being a normal loner is boring as fuck. There's absolutely nothing to do. Duke, another community member, brought this point up. We need to make it more interesting for newer players, or else they'll leave. The veteran players often ignore newbies, dismissing them as minges, or staying within the safe confines of their own clique. This needs to stop. We need to include new members in our Role Plays, and provide more activities to these newer members. If anyone has any suggestions about this, PM them to me.

Another issue is people not having the models. They get on the server, see errors, and don't know what to do, so they quit. This isn't good. I don't care what you think about this, it doesn't mean they're not worthy enough to play here if they refuse to wait an hour to download a pack. In fact, that's completely idiotic to think that. We need to make everything accessible to everybody. Nobody wants 500 MB of shit on their PC for nothing. We want to half the space required and find out a way to distribute it quickly, and effectively.

Yet ANOTHER issue is people not knowing what SRP is about. Silver is in the process of implementing a menu that describes the server, and provides a link to the precise thread that allows you to download the content. This will increase our numbers as it will allow newer members to begin downloading the content without anybody actually having to be on the server to point them in the right direction.

Now, allow me to address each of your issues specifically, and to the best of my ability:

- The Desire for Vehicles was part of the Downfall, sure it's okay having a Chopper do a flyby once in a while, but giving out vehicles, or even constructing them in the first place was a no-no.

I agree strongly with this, but that's not what matters. I believe helicopters are essential to the Role Play, and should only be used to further exert a faction's authority on the Zone. This way, everybody can fear the Ukrainian Military. Helicopters, APCs, whatever. Not much else to say about this, but I will be making a rule written down that forbids vehicles being used by anybody but the Ukrainian Military. Duty and Monolith may also be allowed to utilize some sort of vehicle, however severe limitations will be imposed, and RP'ing ammo/fuel will be required by all factions allowed to use vehicles. I will of course require faction leaders to obtain authorizations before using any kind of vehicle, so this will allow the administration team to have more control over who uses what.

- Another part was the lack of Devotion, people became Leaders just for the Adminship for the most part, and put no devotion into their actual job, I saw a massive lack of Freedom Vs. Duty, and multiple times Monolith had to assist either faction because they were too weak to do anything.

This may be true, but we're slowly weeding out the weak, and bringing in the strong. I have more power now to make some big changes, and if an admin fucks up, or dissapears, I'm sending them out, and replacing them with someone new.

- A Considerance could be turning the Ecologists into Clear Sky, I would be willing to give up my part as Monolith Leader to become CS's leader.

I'm open to new things, so we can see what everybody else thinks about this. Other than that, Ecologist is staying for awhile.

- Turn Monolith into NPC's. Why? Well there's been a complete breakdown within the faction on the terms of Rules, everybodies sodded off left, right and centre to do their own thing, allying witgh various merc groups as they went.
Plus what do we actually do, let's see... Build Doomfort, DM People, and make incredibly annoying if somewhat amusing bots.

You want to dissolve Monolith? Maybe, I don't see much use in it, but I doubt this will be well received with the community. We'll see what everybody else thinks.

- Also another thing was, while the adminship was plenty, half the time people couldn't tell a dog's arse from the codex of commands, and they failed to be punctual.

Stop bitching about this, and go read the Rules, Rules, RULES! thread I set up, and start making suggestions. I want suggestions, and if I don't get any, I'm going to make them myself, and I don't think everybody will agree with it. Right now, I'm giving people an opportunity to suggest, and contribute to our rules and guidelines, and yet nobody has said a single word to me. Not here, not anywhere.

Your admins for a reason, not to lead a faction, not essentially to spend half an hour setting up proclaimed "missions", but to help somebody in need, and keep an eye on thatg little "ERROR" who just joined, and tell them where to go. Look at me, I'm not an admin, and I turned the most alledgedly "gun-happy" faction into something of a sucsess, while many a merc groups have failed.

Admins are here to prevent problems before they start. What they do outside of being an admin is their own choice. We can lead factions if we want, we can make missions, and we can make events for everybody to enjoy. However, it's not just us who do this. Everybody is capable of getting Role Play going, and starting their own events. All you need is an authorization from me for mega events, and I'll most likely approve it. As for missions, hand them out like candy for Christ's sake. The fact is, admins can do whatever regular members can, as long as they continue to do their job correctly. As long as they're adminning, I have no problem with them doing other things.

- Traders lacked, ALOT. We miss that friendly bar attitude, and the one or two RPed zombies stumbling in halfway through a fistfight infront of a shotgun-wielding barman, only to turn around to the quivering mass of "uuurgh..." that just stumbled through the door.

You mean there's an insufficient amount of traders? You weren't entirely clear on this.

- Factional Territories failed, bigtime, I saw the Mil and Eco's teaming up in the bloody trader bunker, that's just wrong Disappointed...
Go back to your checkpoint, mil, and charge people to go through, hire Mercs to patrol the fences to make sure nobody meta's through too. And for the love of god, Town is NEUTRAL/TRADER TERRITORY. Have Freedom sit happily inside their shacks by the lake, and DUTY set up around the big Lab.

Duty keeps the town until someone else takes it. Military shares the town with Duty. We can set up territories wherever we want. It's a dynamic battlefield full of many opportunities. This is dynamic Role Play where anything can happen. For good or for worse.

- What made S.T.A.L.K.E.R such an Adrenaline Rush? The complete and utter DM/Abuse of Mercenaries for one, the unreliability of your comrades, and Minges/Noobs, ala Connor, LoneSoldier, all those. Why not bring them back? With a few restrictions(No TT.).
S.T.A.L.K.E.R has been weaned down to a bare playerbase, where you can walk past a Bloodsucker unarmed, and he;s not even gonna sniff at you, where's the DANGER gone? Banned Ofcourse.

I agree with this. Since I own the server now, I'm going to be demanding some things to be changed. Everybody is going to be given a second chance (Except for the obvious folks, of course) as far as I'm concerned, and I'm going to be fighting 'till the end to let this happen. Carnage, Laferio, Bagelz, whatever. New slate, new server, more RP for everybody. Everybody is bound by the same rules, and I honestly have no problem having people like LoneSoldier, Carnage, or Connor here so long as they follow the rules (eventually to be added to) as strictly as everybody else.

- Bagelz, your complete and utter unpredictable randomness as a Barkeep was what kept us going soo flawlessley, you were there to coo "Ooh, maybe we can sell this zombie to the Ecologists!" instead of "Pew Pew! Shotgun fodder!", get your ass back in gear as Traders Union Leader, and whittles out the Inactive, C'mon man, I, no, the COMMUNITY, needs YOU.

Bagelz is cool, yeah. But I don't like unseriousness, or trolling. Both will NOT be tolerated. No joke RPs. No stupid, slapstick humor. It seems he tries to lighten up the IC atmosphere more than it should be, with blatant sillyness. Humor is fine, but sillyness is not.

Nines

Dissolve Monolith?! Oh HELLLLL no. Mono is so full of interesting RP, it's a keg waiting to be tapped. We have sacrifices, prayers, slavery if we choose, converting, I could go on. The reason people aren't liking mono so much now is because of this rule that was put up, pop a cap in whosever's ass comes close to us. Bullshit, utter bullshit, sorry MattyK, but that's not something I like from my favorite faction, I want to see a strong, serious faction, with no alliances, but that does NOT shoot on sight, for the love of god (or the mono), atleast allow RP opportunities.. It's what marks us as a DM faction, an RP failure, this needs to change.

Rohok

Well, there you have it. Straight from Nines. A faction is only as good as it's leader. So the fault doesn't lay with the members, it lays with those who lead them.
_________________________________________________Edit: 26-02-2009_________________________________________________
Alright Matty, my apologies. Silver told me that you do get online, just not when I'm on. However, I expect to see more of you on the weekends. As a faction leader, you have an obligation to get your faction active. I don't think I've seen a single mono for two weeks. If you'd like, I can always put somebody in your place.

Nikolaz72

I said Dom was leaving Eco not that Ecologist faction at all was going bad we just need a new leader and Akira seems to be the one of choice from the public. Anyhow i,ll apply for trader and see if i have a chance to get one. Im online most of the day so it should be no problem for me.
Text Cyric the Archmage.

Vengence35

A way to lower the pack size is to drop all the new models we have and use the old ones, after all people are downloading the old ones but they aren't even being used.

Cobra

Bagelz

I was already told I can't have barkeep back, so, yeah.

rawrmon

Support you to the fullest, Matty.
You're a great RPer, and you know what we desire.
rawr.