[Application] New Race Permission Template

Started by Ragolution, 18-11-2011

meldin

Quote from: Ragolution on 02-12-2011
Quote from: Ragolution on 28-11-2011
Quote from: meldin on 28-11-2011
Race:Furries

Defining Features: they are pretty much any animal you can find in the forest. (No lions or kangaroos)

Why this race and not another?:Because this race is really different from the rest of there other ones. It quite unique and it would be cool to see this race be companions with other characters.

Changed name.

Approved.

Clarification: This was a joke.

Furries are definitely not approved.

hurtful, man.....

Kokkaku Kishu

Race: The Exorcias
Nickname: Demon elves
Discription: (generally) pale skinned (skin pigmentation allows many to change to dark tone/ gray-scale colors), pointed ears, black eyes with red iris's and pupils, thin but well built, various red markings of symbols that they are born with (note: sometimes these glow to change physical or mental properties of individual), very agile
Avg. adult male height: 7-8 feet high
Why this race and no others? : This race was vastly segregated against by many in olden years due to their attributes. The nickname, "Demon Elves" stems from this as many were afraid of this generally peaceful but frightening race. Because of this, a type of crusade was launched many years ago where almost the entire society was wiped out. the few survivors were split apart and only few are known to be in current existence, as those left either went into hiding or pursued various hired jobs such as mercenaries. It would be interesting as each of the survivors would have their own take on the occurances and opinions on those whom laid siege to their people.

Ragolution

Quote from: Kokkaku Kishu on 03-12-2011
Discription: (generally) pale skinned (skin pigmentation allows many to change to dark tone/ gray-scale colors), pointed ears, black eyes with red iris's and pupils, thin but well built, various red markings of symbols that they are born with (note: sometimes these glow to change physical or mental properties of individual), very agile
Why this race and no others? : This race was vastly segregated against by many in olden years due to their attributes. The nickname, "Demon Elves" stems from this as many were afraid of this generally peaceful but frightening race. Because of this, a type of crusade was launched many years ago where almost the entire society was wiped out. the few survivors were split apart and only few are known to be in current existence, as those left either went into hiding or pursued various hired jobs such as mercenaries. It would be interesting as each of the survivors would have their own take on the occurances and opinions on those whom laid siege to their people.

Uhm.

How do I say..

Overpowered?

Kokkaku Kishu

Quote from: Ragolution on 03-12-2011

Uhm.

How do I say..

Overpowered?

How so? the most that the enhancements do is change personality and make minor enhancements (ie sees body heat [but limited to that] , gets minorly stronger only because of loss of attention to pain [still hurts body], or slightly more agile [however is really twitchy]) please note that only one of the physical enhancements is available per person and they aren't that over powering. plus due to near extinction the size limit of their population on the server could be limited for the beginnings of the races existence on the server.

RanmaChan

Uhm.

How do I say..

Overpowered?

How so? the most that the enhancements do is change personality and make minor enhancements (ie sees body heat [but limited to that] , gets minorly stronger only because of loss of attention to pain [still hurts body], or slightly more agile [however is really twitchy]) please note that only one of the physical enhancements is available per person and they aren't that over powering. plus due to near extinction the size limit of their population on the server could be limited for the beginnings of the races existence on the server.

Make a dark elf character and start delving into demonic magic IC?  In my opinion there doesn't need to be dozens of elven subspecies, but that is just me.
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

Kokkaku Kishu

Quote from: RanmaChan on 03-12-2011

Uhm.

How do I say..

Overpowered?

Make a dark elf character and start delving into demonic magic IC?  In my opinion there doesn't need to be dozens of elven subspecies, but that is just me.

Its just that its not demonic magic and they're not elves. if anything the nickname came from their appearance and resemblance to elves, and merely the tendency to shift from pale to the darker gray-scale tones. They're not a subspecies and if it came to it i could even write their lore.

RanmaChan

Quote from: Kokkaku Kishu on 04-12-2011
Quote from: RanmaChan on 03-12-2011

Uhm.

How do I say..

Overpowered?

Its just that its not demonic magic and they're not elves. if anything the nickname came from their appearance and resemblance to elves, and merely the tendency to shift from pale to the darker gray-scale tones. They're not a subspecies and if it came to it i could even write their lore.

Really it just sounds like you took dark elves and then gave them a whole bunch of perks that could be gained through the use of magics or through the use of character quirks. (Example:  My character has a personality that is subject to radical change due to a bit of insanity, making him also extremely twitchy.  This came about by him delving into magic that was just too much for his mind to handle, and it is through this magic that my character gains his effects) That at least sounds reasonable.

Unless you are trying to say something else, it is really hard to understand what you are talking about.  Regardless, you don't need to create an entire race for this, especially when (99% chance probability) only you are going to be playing as this race.

Kokkaku Kishu

Really it just sounds like you took dark elves and then gave them a whole bunch of perks that could be gained through the use of magics or through the use of character quirks. (Example:  My character has a personality that is subject to radical change due to a bit of insanity, making him also extremely twitchy.  This came about by him delving into magic that was just too much for his mind to handle, and it is through this magic that my character gains his effects) That at least sounds reasonable.

Unless you are trying to say something else, it is really hard to understand what you are talking about.  Regardless, you don't need to create an entire race for this, especially when (99% chance probability) only you are going to be playing as this race.

1st part: its not a radical change most are if any quite minor and could be put under moderator supervision to keep from getting out of control

2nd part: while maybe true I wouldn't stop others from if they wanted to

RanmaChan

1st part: its not a radical change most are if any quite minor and could be put under moderator supervision to keep from getting out of control

Whether its radical change or not, my point still stands.  The personality of a persons character doesn't need to be kept under constant watch by a mod, that is not the point.  The point is that you can create a person with shifting identities without having to making a race for it.

2nd part: while maybe true I wouldn't stop others from if they wanted to

It is probably true, you will most likely be the only one to play as this race, and you are creating this race to receive special perks that should be gained through applying for things like a magic license.  If you can gather a group of people who want to play as this race, and if you can actually make this sound like a new race and not a subspecies with a bunch of special perks, then it will be given another look, until then:

Application is denied.

CPftw

you just dont have my flare for making races :P, give up and say your a dark elf gone crazy like quin suggested
pffft

RanmaChan

Quote from: CPftw on 04-12-2011
you just dont have my flare for making races, give up and say your a dark elf gone crazy

Not helping at all CPftw.  Looking back at your race idea I have half a mind to deny it, you are lucky you got it in before I came back from my break.

Ragolution

meldin

http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/locations-places/(lore)-the-origins-of-elves/

I have written lore for all the current elf sub-races. If you want there to be a new subrace, just run it by an admin, then by me.
I'll put it in the thread. As for this race, I would never include it because there is a race already like this. If you want to be something like this, then go be a dark elf.

Ragolution

I should probably put a "subrace" application template.

Sladik

Quote from: Ragolution on 01-12-2011
I hate paste-races.

I didn't expect they'd get accepted; they're too out-of-place. I just sort of put them out there.

Sheogorath

Race: S'ogreth
Defining Features: Slightly taller than most humans, their skin is layered with Scales, making them resilient
but they are a pacifist race, not one to start a fight. Since they are mostly lizard, they have elongated faces, sharpened teeth
and a long tail. Their race was mistaken for Dragons many times during their life-span, most hunts that took place would wipe out their clans
So the surviving clans found sanctuary high in the mountains, where they studied for generations, learning
about land and medicine, and now they slowly make their descent back into civilization.
Why this race and not another?: The race is highly intelligent in many ranges, knowing how to properly
cultivate the land, and highly knowledgeable in medical needs.

Ragolution

Quote from: Sheogorath on 15-12-2011
Defining Features: Slightly taller than most humans, their skin is layered with Scales, making them resilient
but they are a pacifist race, not one to start a fight. Since they are mostly lizard, they have elongated faces, sharpened teeth
and a long tail. Their race was mistaken for Dragons many times during their life-span, most hunts that took place would wipe out their clans
So the surviving clans found sanctuary high in the mountains, where they studied for generations, learning
about land and medicine, and now they slowly make their descent back into civilization.
Why this race and not another?: The race is highly intelligent in many ranges, knowing how to properly

Stop pasting Elder Scrolls races damnit.

RanmaChan

Quote from: Ragolution on 15-12-2011
Quote from: Sheogorath on 15-12-2011

Stop pasting Elder Scrolls races damnit.

Just because the Elder Scrolls had a race with Lizardmen, doesn't mean our game can't.  There are plenty of games with Lizardmen in them, and actually, one of the names I suggested to Psy for this race was the C'tis.  I approve of this race, it is better than the human flesh eating Vrepblaka bird species of CPftw's that you allowed.

2ktaco

Race: Orcs (or Orks either spelling, it makes no difference)
Defining Features: Humanoid in build but, more muscular. Skin varies from light, tannish-green to dark grey. Very barbaric in dress. Large bottom canine teeth that stick out of their mouths. Pointy ears like goblins & elves.
Why this race and not another?: I wanted to make an Orc shaman named Grut or, a warrior if the "mage liscense" is denied. Also, I just love orcs

Ragolution

Quote from: 2ktaco on 01-01-2012
Race: Orcs (or Orks either spelling, it makes no difference)
Defining Features: Humanoid in build but, more muscular. Skin varies from light, tannish-green to dark grey. Very barbaric in dress. Large bottom canine teeth that stick out of their mouths. Pointy ears like goblins & elves.
Why this race and not another?: I wanted to make an Orc shaman named Grut or, a warrior if the "mage liscense" is denied. Also, I just love orcs

License not liscense.

Approved as Orcs with an S.

2ktaco

Yay Go Grut, He shall feast on your bones.

Mr_Squirrel

Race: Werewolf
Defining Features: Looking like normal humans at one time and large 7ft (213 cm) humaniod wolf like creatures the next werewolves are massive,powerful creatures. They can walk on their hind legs like a human. Or on all fours like a wolf. They have human like hands with sharp claws, and paws ,for feet, like a wolf.     
Why this race and not another?: Because werewolves are a classic race found almost everywhere, and I'm surprised that this is not on the list.

2ktaco

Quote from: Mr_Squirrel on 05-01-2012
Defining Features: Looking like normal humans at one time and large 7ft (213 cm) humaniod wolf like creatures the next werewolves are massive,powerful creatures. They can walk on their hind legs like a human. Or on all fours like a wolf. They have human like hands with sharp claws, and paws ,for feet, like a wolf.     
Why this race and not another?: Because werewolves are a classic race found almost everywhere, and I'm surprised that this is not on the list.

I'd like to see these in the rp. Also,Werewolves arent a race they are an afflicted group of people. Its a disease called Lycanthropy, ever heard of it?

Mr_Squirrel

Quote from: 2ktaco on 05-01-2012
Quote from: Mr_Squirrel on 05-01-2012

I'd like to see these in the rp. Also,Werewolves arent a race they are an afflicted group of people. Its a disease called Lycanthropy, ever heard of it?
Yes I know the lore of werewolves but Port told me I needed to make a race app for them to be allowed.

2ktaco

Ok then, are they stricken with the disease or are thet born as a wolfy.