Final Chapter: The Tower of All

Started by VonXeno, 29-09-2018

VonXeno

The end is near. Time, and time again, they thought the conflict would be over, but until those who lust for power were struck down, peace would never come to Almustadt.

Ebony, Calco, JoJo, Vondus, Venti, and Luna traveled through domain after domain until they reached a silver tower floating in the clouds.

Upon reaching the first room of the tower, the met Zaelun, the Angel of Dark.

Zaelun gave the party the advice needed to progress through the tower.

Fend of the Angels defending the large elemental crystal in each room.

So they fought;
Zaelun of Dark, who gave up his crystal willingly.
Aquael of Water.
Gaiael of Earth.
Ignael of Fire.
Zubael of Wind.
Voltael of Thunder.
Aelux of Light.

And finally, they faced Xael, Angel of Nothing.

Equipped with the Ephemeral Mirror of Dark as a shield, and a shard of the Ephemeral Mirror of Light as a sword, Xael was able to tap into almost every ability known to Almustadt, the Heavens, and even Hell.

The party focused their priorities on destroying the mirrors, as their lives depended on it.

Once they were shattered, Xael assumed Aurnael's form, and cloaked himself in a shroud of War. Only, Xael's form was much better attuned than the weakened Angel of War, for he did not need the prayers of soldiers to sustain himself.

Luckily, the heroes found his weakness in the natural elements. The shroud gone, Xael assumed his true, and final form.

Having absorbed each Angel's power into himself, Xael became a being of pure magic. The Ephemeral Mirrors of each element gave him incomparable power. But JoJo Shark knew that they could also be his weakness.

As the heroes fended Xael off, JoJo targeted each Ephemeral mirror until none were left.

Xael, being overcharged with the elements, channeled it into one final attack on the party; a beam of concentrated elemental magic.

But Vondus, using his gift of silence one last time, managed to defend the group.

Drained and beaten, Xael could barely manage to sustain himself as JoJo fired the finishing bullet.

Xael faded from existence.

Though victorious, Xael's defeat also meant Vondus' body could no longer sustain itself either. As he faded, he had the time to bid his friends farewell.

And to wish them well on their next journey.
I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.