News

Have an issue with a Member of Staff?
Click here.
collapse

Dream Drive(#4: Frivolous Darkness Nov.25 @7pm CST)(Report Count:33)

CAMaera · 30943

Offline CAMaera

• Now on fire!
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
  • Awards "Its a trap!" Played on Terraria Roleplay "Caphori" 2011 - 2013
When's the next Event?
Friday, November 18 @ 7PM CST(UTC -6)<-Click for current time in CST!

Some basic things you should know|

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Why store everything?: Well, mostly fairness, but also so that enemy encounters, platforming sections, and puzzles are not broken by someone having a grappling hook and a minishark. Just to reiterate, if I see you using outside weapons/items to gain an advantage or skip ahead, I'll kick you out. If you accidentally use one and go back to where you were/where you would be if you did not have that item, that's okay. Ditto for accidentally firing a stronger bullet, etc. Just fix the problem asap.

From the first event onward, a few things to keep in mind;

Your character, if they were in any previous events, will remember what happened in those events that you attended. If you have not, please do not remember things that your character does not know. This goes the same for remembering characters, you will remember them if you interacted with them in previous events. I will not expect you to keep tabs on who you're acquainted with in these dreams, and I assume that everyone introduces themselves to each other at the start/end/somewhere in the event, regardless if they actually do, just for ease of use.

Introduction|

Odd things have been happening Safehaven. Most notably, the residents being much more tired than they usually are, having bad dreams that they can't quite remember. There have been many rumors about what is going on, everything from evil witches hiding in plain sight, to the water supply being poisoned. But a girl has also gone missing, something that isn't usually the talk of the town, but because of who it is, signs have been posted up, offering a pretty large sum. Nobody knows why the small Feyori is worth 10 platinum, but everyone is eager to get the money. But even if you found the girl, there is no contact information on the signs.

So between a lost girl with a huge reward and a peculiar lack of sleep, most people in and around Safehaven are feeling a certain sort of unrest. Which is certainly not helped by strange rumors of a young girls' voice crying out for help in the middle of the night, just outside the town to the west.

(ooc- Simply put, this event will take place in a dream. Yeah, blah blah cliche, but it'll tie up nicely. This is also why you cannot bring in items. I cannot talk about this subject much simply because I wish to have you discover the story yourself through Reports, but that's the basic jist for anyone wondering. These dreams will be brought on by a third party, and will happen simultaneously. Imagine it as some sort of spell.)

Last Time on Dream Drive|

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

IMPORTANT: Please contact me and tell me what class your character falls into. The classes(and items, so you may ask other staff members for these items) are as follows, item ids for easy spawning are in brackets;

Melee:?[?]
Magic:?[?]
Ranger:?[?], x100 Wooden Arrow[40]
Gunner:?[?], x100 Musket Ball[96]

Please attempt to get these items and them only in your inventory before the event begins.

Event Rewards|
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Rolls|
Rolls are a unique drop from this event, and the rewards that you can get out of one are determined by the /roll command(thank you Von!) after the Event has concluded. The rewards currently are as follows:
(click to show/hide)

Reports|
In this section, reports found by the local populace will be collected. Oddly unscathed pieces of paper have been found around the streets lately, but a few of the locals have also taken to writing up fake ones, making piecing together what's going on much harder.

(All of these reports are public and can be seen by stopping by the notice board IC. Go ahead and use them in your RP, they're all IC!)

Report List
(click to show/hide)

Please, feel free to reply below with suggestions, questions, speculations or even just observations!
« Last Edit: 11-11-2016 by CAMaera »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline CAMaera

• Now on fire!
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
New updates, including:

-Date and Name of new Chapter.

-Yes, I'm calling them Chapters now. It's easier that way.

-Some things about the new chapter:
--Frosty Depths is entirely Puzzle and Platform-based. There will be no PvE or PvP. This is not a permanent change for all new chapters, but a deliberate change for this chapter.
--This chapter will have moments where you might want to pull out a pen and paper, for sure. Expect to be challenged, and not be able to brute-force your way into completion.
--This chapter will have a lot more story to go along with it.
--There will be actual danger that is: a) not me putting mimics and being cheap whilst forgetting that they're hardmode enemies, or b) traps you can't see coming.

-Expect a huge dump of Reports this Friday(Oct.14) to supplement me not doing a chapter that week. Reports, though they might not look it at first glance, are important!

-And as always, remember that this Event storyline is shaped by you, and I'm always accepting ideas on rewards, gear for in the event, and anything else! Feel free to reply in this topic! Things that will be shaping newer chapters that have happened recently include:

--The group being really cautious! I love this one, as it means I can try harder to sneak trap you all!
--Me mudering everyone with Mimics. Will never happen again. Those affected were not docked anything.
--Writing out clues in signs that are around the area! Happy you all read these last time.
--Knowing exactly what you remember after the event to make after-event RP really simple to glide into. The post will be updated pretty much right after the event ends, as I will have the modification ready to post(with minor tweaks based on what may happen) on the forums, here.

Have a great day, everyone!
-CAMaera.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline CAMaera

• Now on fire!
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
UPDATE

-Added name of new chapter and date. Sticking to this bi-weekly schedule, and hope to have a batch of reports again this next Friday(the 28th of October), but Uni is kinda burying me under essays and such at the moment, so it may not be possible. I will try my hardest!

-Two new reports (21-22) that detail the happenings after the chapter concluded, including a rather interesting reconstruction of Report 10, fixed by Ebony. Hmmmmmm

-This next chapter will heavily focus on PvE and Platforming, and, well, I think you can get the gist of it from the name.

-I once made a claim that I would be making this event have something like 12 chapters, but I found that it's better if I have one major 'reveal' in each chapter, and just go forward like that. Therefore, the number's been reduced by half, and I expect it to conclude on the 2nd of December(With events on Nov. 4 and 18 being 4 and 5, and the one on the second of December being the final chapter.)

-Everyone needs to roll better, will look into upping your luck collectively a little more with some tweaks.

-This next event will have actual real armour(suck it USA, I spell it with a U. CANADA WINS)sets given at the start, I just don't know what quite yet. I think this'll allow me to spawn in some stronger enemies for you to deal with. This will please me almost as greatly as watching you buuuuurn

-As always, if the times that the event is on do not work for you at all, please contact me! I'm sure we can all work out an acceptable time so that everyone can make it.

-Also post here with your impressions or questions, this thread is lonely.

« Last Edit: 28-10-2016 by CAMaera »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline CAMaera

• Now on fire!
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Hey again, another little out-of-character post!

For the next event, I'll be combining every type of challenge seen in other chapters, and melding them into one seamless big 'dungeon', which I expect to be much longer compared to the other chapters. Puzzles will play a part, as well as PvP and PvE battles and platforming.

Sadly, with the announcement of another Terraria patch soon(on the 15th), the date of Nov. 18 for the event seems a bit implausible and it will be a total mess if we try to pull that off.

So, the event has been moved up to November the 25th.

Reports will be uploaded later tonight(or possibly tomorrow afternoon, depending if they need more editing) and next Friday, on the 18th.

This time and day is subject to change by the events of the poll that is presently running to determine what is best for everyone(only 4 people have voted, including myself.)

This event will definitely have armor as starting gear at the start, I apologize for not implementing that last time.

By this new estimate, the final chapter of Dream Drive will be on December 9.

Again, this chapter will take much longer(my estimate is 1.5 hours+) than previous Dream Drive chapters, so factor that into your vote in the poll
« Last Edit: 11-11-2016 by CAMaera »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline CAMaera

• Now on fire!
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
I apologize, everyone. Tshock is still not updated, and I have not put up the reports because they have turned into a collection of short stories over time. Uni is beating me down with 2 papers, along with weekly assignments. Everything is a pretty big mess over here! But I can tell you kinda how the reports are coming along, so I'll focus on that.

These new reports will span Laume's entire life, and her fathers' life as well. I'm keeping him a secret until release, but I think you'll enjoy him as a character. It's tough to call them reports, because they're more of a collection of diary entries and letters between three characters. It'll be a long read.

Again, I am sorry for this massive string of delays. I appreciate your patience as we move forward.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Ivy_Trellis

• Terraria Support Staff
  • Loner
Life happens... I'm sure you can poke your nose in on the temporary one, though. I've been doing a few projects on it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

* Hello there Guest

Welcome to the HyperGaming Network forums! We are a large gaming and mod community. Please signup to gain access to other sections of the forum.

If you are having problems navigating the forums, please see this topic.

Forum News

Have an issue with a Member of Staff?
    Click here.

* Users Online

Dot Guests: 334 | Dot Users
    SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal