Chapter 6: The Infiltration

Started by VonXeno, 03-09-2017

VonXeno

Prince Mathys has returned, and with aid from the country of Arcagus. He meets with the Ironhand and his sister, Princess Serris, to explain his imprisonment. Serris begrudgingly accepts the truth about her father, that his actions of late were not in keeping with his usual self.

Sveyr has a theory, that Firidor, Emperor of Galdea, has been using some form of dark magic to influence the King's odd behavior. He's spotted the King slicing open his own hand and collecting it in a vial, giving it to Firidor. This odd ritual could be key to whatever crisis the King might be in.

But the castle roads are teeming with soldiers; the castle walls are well guarded and drawbridges kept up.

Sveyr and Calco have scouted another route; an access tunnel through the sewers into the old castle dungeon. This route is believed to have been connected to the castle's main chamber, and could prove useful in reaching the King.

But even this forgotten route is unintentionally guarded; another force will be needed to create a distraction while a small party goes for the prize.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The event will take place on Friday, September 15th, at 9PM EST.
-Participants are asked NOT to use any mobility items that improve jumping or allow flight [Spectre Boots, Blue Horseshoe Balloon, etc]
-Usual server rules apply [like always]

Rewards for the event are as follows:
-A single Demon Heart if one does not already have one
- An emblem from one's class or a weapon from the King's armoury [class-specific]
-15 gold per participant
I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.

VonXeno

Chapter 6.5: The Aftermath

The Battle is over.

Losses on both sides were catastrophic; The Crimson Lion Knight's General, Yohlmund Wors, the Ironhand Commander Vondus Khyr and Captain Ceale Talom among the dead.

Such a loss for Almustadt's military strength is sure to cause major damage in the future. But all the remaining survivors can do is rebuild, and hope for the remaining heroes to defend what is left.
I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.