Chapter 2: The Mages of Naud

Started by VonXeno, 03-09-2017

VonXeno

Within Naud, a desolate wasteland with a dark and bloody history, resides a group of exiled mages. Falling under no specific name, no banner, these beings are simply referred to as "The Mages."

Among them are:

Kirous - An enigmatic one who speaks in riddles and has obscure abilities
Mordael - A masked woman who has great command over both dark and light magic
Hemdael - Another masked mage who seems slightly insane, and uses blood as a conduit for his abilities.

These three were the first discovered, but many other powerful mages follow the main three. Several skirmishes were conducted to subdue the mages, but few were ever successful. Only one, with King Boestas Almus himself at the helm, succeeded in taking down Hemdael, who was considered the weakest among them.

Since his death, two more took his place:

Zieldael - A demon-like mage that uses hallucinations, fear, and temptation to drive her enemies mad
Daelux - Less of a mage, more of a spearfighter, this oddity looks like an angel from old tales, and flies around wielding light magic as a compliment to his spearfighting.

It seems no matter what is thrown at them, these mages shrug it off and throw back power far greater.

The threat they pose is seemingly without measure.
I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.