Chapter 17: The Tournament of Succession

Started by VonXeno, 30-07-2018

VonXeno

Zieldael is slain, but her defeat triggered the collapse of the Elya Tree. Though most made it out, Boestas stayed behind to keep the pathway to escape open.

But this act sealed his fate. The tree and the cave system around collapsed on top of the King, something no one could survive.

Upon hearing the dire news, Prince Mathys set aside time to mourn, in favor of arranging a tournament to decide the next monarch.

This tradition will give only the strongest the right to rule; a system that is, perhaps outdated.

Even so, many heroes and vagabonds will gather; whether to observe or participate is up to them.

The tournament has passed. Many heroes, foreign and native alike, competed for the crown. But in the end, after many upsets and underdogs had shown their mettle, it was Serris, daughter of the late King Boestas, who was crowned the tournament's victor.

With her victory, the royal bloodline continues. Serris Almus becomes the new Queen of Almustadt.
I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.