Chapter 13: Mordael

Started by VonXeno, 17-04-2018

VonXeno

In a dire confrontation against Mordael, Boestas and Olmir managed to break some of the seals that bound her as per Terael's advice.

But it seems the angel was misguided in his hopes; Upon being freed of her shackled, Mordael drained Terael's powers from him, leaving him nearly completely without magic.

Though her threat is ever growing, it seems she and her Fallen have suddenly left Naud. Terael has an idea of where they may be; A realm that once belonged to Mordael while she was still known as Telael.

With what little power he has left, it may be possible to send a small party into Mordael's realm, and finish her off for good.

Before her power grows even more.

The event will take place on Friday, April 20th, at 8:30PM EST.

-Usual server rules apply [like always]

Rewards for the event are as follows:
-Loot scattered about Mordael's Domain
-A single Demon Heart if one does not already have one
-Mirror Shard (IC item that can copy whatever skill it sees. Breaks after successful use of the skill)
-2 Platinum Coins per participant

------------------------

Aftermath: The heroes fought their way through the castle, meeting the resurrected forms of friends and enemies past. Each bout was one locked in single combat, and each victory opened a new path towards Mordael.

And there, at the summit, she waited.

In an unanticipated move, Mordael healed the heroes' wounds, wounds caused by her own creations, before engaging them in battle. Of what this act meant, no one is sure, but it allowed the party to triumph in the end.

With Mordael defeated, all that remained was her sentence. A sentence that Terael had begged leniency, a sentence the party had every right to carry out, had it not been denied.

Descending from the higher heavens, another angelic figure plunged his spear into a weakened Mordael. In the same instance, the mysterious Silent Knight ran his sword through Terael.

Claiming this judgement was his alone, the angel and the knight flew off before anyone could protest.

What did Mordael's last acts mean?
I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.

Master Nova X

Wait does the mirror shard replace a skill or add one?
Haha my username from years ago cannot be changed! (help)
-Novero

VonXeno

Quote from: Master Nova X on 18-04-2018
Wait does the mirror shard replace a skill or add one?

Neither, it's a usable item the mimics a skill.
I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.