Try a new internet browser!

Started by Silver Knight, 12-05-2010

Silver Knight

There are some people out there STILL using internet explorer, your essentially at the starting point of the internet and have not ventured off on your own to look at better possibilities. Theres several unique and more efficent browsers out there which are far better and around 8 times faster.

Google Chrome

The Google Chrome browser takes a minimalist approach, stripping down to basic browsing with an ultra-simple, intuitive interface. Reviewers find it very fast, with superb search features, private browsing and the best crash protection available. It also makes it possible to use Google desktop applications offline, and users can search the text of pages in the browser's history. The main drawbacks are fairly primitive bookmarking plus the lack of customization. For those who want RSS feeds and many other options within the browser, reviews recommend Firefox 3 (free), saying it's just as fast but much more customizable.

Pros
Fast & Simple
Stable
Private browsing option
Enables offline use of Internet apps
Cons
No ad blocking
Minimal options
Skimpy bookmarking
Uses a lot of system resources

Opera

Reviews and tests recommend Opera as fast and lean, especially for older or underpowered computers apt to bog down on the resource-hungry Firefox, Chrome or IE7 and IE8 browsers. Despite its small size, Opera beats the other browsers in compliance with web standards, and it builds in loads of convenient features. Opera runs on more operating systems than most browsers, and it excels in synchronization. Reviews also praise its mobile version. If you have a fairly new, powerful computer, however, Firefox 3 is faster and gets top ranking in nearly all comparison reviews.

Pros
Fastest Avaliable Browser (As of May 2010)
Excellent history of searching
Synchronizes across computers
Doesn't bog down older computers
Turbo Option to increase speed on slower computers
Cons
No ad blocking
No private browsing

Mozilla Firefox

Firefox remains the top-ranked web browser for Windows, Mac OSX and Linux users. It's by far the most-customizable web browser, with thousands of add-ins available. Reviews say Firefox 3 and the even-faster 3.1 beta are the best, using less memory than Firefox 2 and incorporating other improvements as well. Both Firefox 3 and 3.1 rival the new Google Chrome for speed, are much faster and use fewer system resources than Internet Explorer 8.

Pros
Fast
Very customizable
Uses fewer system resources than most
Cons
So many options can be confusing
Crash on one tab crashes all
Private browsing requires add-in
Many other features require add-ins

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Afromana

Note, chorme got a very large database of people made addons.
So there are ad blockers, it just doesnt come with stock chorme

Silver Knight

Quote from: Afromana on 12-05-2010
Note, chorme got a very large database of people made addons.
So there are ad blockers, it just doesnt come with stock chorme

Addons don't count in this, all the browsers can have addons installed which can do certain things, but this is about the base obviously.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Bl★ck Star

Iam Using Google Chrome since last year

Zstan

Chaos

Hmm, don't bitch at me for necroing because this was one of the top 3 threads.

I might be trying google chrome because lately Firefox has been really buggy, crashes alot, pictures often don't show up.
It's not helping that my internet disconnects every 5-10 minutes.

Naota

I'm useing Internet Explorer because I'm too lazy to get a new browser and I never crash.