Problem with Gmod

Started by Bl★ck Star, 20-11-2010

Bl★ck Star

Somehow I can't play Gmod anymore, everytime it get's to sending client info, the Game crashes ....

I also have a folder in my addons directory that is called PlayX and I can't delete it for god's sake, it's read-only and if I try to remove the attribut it directly gets set back ...

Predu

Try deleting all files in steam>steamapps>(user)>garrysmod>garrysmod and then reinstalling gmod?

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: Predu on 20-11-2010
Try deleting all files in steam>steamapps>(user)>garrysmod>garrysmod and then reinstalling gmod?

already did, still not worked.

I think the problem lays within the PlayX folder

Nargotah

delete the PlayX folder using the registry?

Predu

Hmh, I remember Ace/SimplyStealth gave me a tip on a fix that fixes most of the steam and source problems, you have to delete some file while steam is off. I don't know, was it.. Registry.ltx? Or something.

jaik

rename garrysmod
Re-install
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Silence)

I have a problem similar to this. It stops at retrieving server info then crashes right after that.I'm doing a clean reinstall of gmod right now.

Also Jake that didn't work for me.

Ace of Hearts

Hmh, I remember Ace/SimplyStealth gave me a tip on a fix that fixes most of the steam and source problems, you have to delete some file while steam is off. I don't know, was it.. Registry.ltx? Or something.

The file is "ClientRegistry.blob". Exit ALL Steam-related programs, and Steam itself, open C/Program Files/Steam (Or whatever your chosen install path is), and the file should be in there. Delete it, restart Steam, it'll re-download the file, and the problem might be fixed.

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: Jake on 20-11-2010
rename garrysmod
Re-install
Quote from: SimplyStealth on 20-11-2010

The file is "ClientRegistry.blob". Exit ALL Steam-related programs, and Steam itself, open C/Program Files/Steam (Or whatever your chosen install path is), and the file should be in there. Delete it, restart Steam, it'll re-download the file, and the problem might be fixed.

This two together worked. Thx for the help ^^