Lindsey Stirling

Started by Thanatos, 14-07-2012

Thanatos

Meanwhile outside of Leshiy's door.

Adam 'Sporadic' Dominika - Alive | Squirrel - Alive | Jordan Redmond - Alive | Njal - MIA | Bowie - MIA

Bl★ck Star

She is a God.

good music taste +1

Lent23

That was beautiful.
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

ThY

She isn't being recorded from any if the videos, the music is edited and dubbed over. She is awful live. But yes, it is beautiful

Thanatos

Quote from: ThY on 15-07-2012
She isn't being recorded from any if the videos, the music is edited and dubbed over. She is awful live. But yes, it is beautiful
Lindsey Stirling at IDEA Festival

Epic Violin Dance Performance- Lindsey Stirling

That's her live.

Adam 'Sporadic' Dominika - Alive | Squirrel - Alive | Jordan Redmond - Alive | Njal - MIA | Bowie - MIA

Frostee

ThY

Her quality of playing is so much improved in the music videos, and it is toned down - alot - for live performances. Please, discuss with if you know anything about musical phrasing and composition, like me.

If you believed I would tell you her playing live is awful, and not to have seen her live.. I would have no evidence, would I? Posting links doesn't do shit.

Just because she plays the violin and has almost modernized the art, it does not mean she is spectacular. Don't get me wrong, i'm a fan - but knowing my way around music, I recognise who has the credit they deserve, and who doesn't.

Her playing is not god, nor amazing. It is simply grade 8 or so material with a beautiful face and clothes, it doesn't take a genuis to count the dodgey notes in the American Idle performance or see that she struggles live.

Of course this is my opinion.

Maxi96203

I don't even get the deal with this.

It's bad violin covered over loud music and singing and ridiculous dance moves.

It's not even good.

Holy shit.
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Thanatos

Quote from: ThY on 16-07-2012
Please, discuss with if you know anything about musical phrasing and composition, like me.
From playing the Bassoon in a band for about seven years now, I can tell you that the Violin is not the best instrument alone to play when there are guitars, electrical "beats", and almost anything else above bass instruments. It's supposed to be a group instrument played in quartets and duets.

But I believe she's trying to beat the odds and play the Violin in a new way, her own way. And she's trying to jump around and dance while playing, which is great, but even the most experienced will still miss a damn note while dancing around like that. I recognize that she's going to be missing some notes while playing, and I'm fine with that.

Her music is toned up in a music video, because every single band's music is toned up in their videos. That way they get more fans/publicity. It's not a shocker that they did the same here, and if you expected her to play on her own dressed up in a tunic or some other uniform, that would be expecting too much out of her. She has composed many of her songs and remixed many other peoples songs. And if her music sucked, she'd still have a gift of creativity at that.

Tom

This thread is full of snarky snobbery, and lots of hate.

I think its very creative and cool.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Rebel6609

Really is beautiful. Nitpick all you want, I still gotta agree that her music deserves high praise.

<22:23:04> "Puffles": gofuckyourselfaggot
<22:25:12> You were banned for 5 hours from the server by "Cole" (For trolling)
Never in my life have I ever had to endure 9 yearolds calling me a banana picker, and then get banned afterwards for doing nothing wrong.
Promising Young admins.

ThY

Quote from: Thanatos on 16-07-2012
Quote from: ThY on 16-07-2012
Please, discuss with if you know anything about musical phrasing and composition, like me.
From playing the Bassoon in a band for about seven years now, I can tell you that the Violin is not the best instrument alone to play when there are guitars, electrical "beats", and almost anything else above bass instruments. It's supposed to be a group instrument played in quartets and duets.

But I believe she's trying to beat the odds and play the Violin in a new way, her own way. And she's trying to jump around and dance while playing, which is great, but even the most experienced will still miss a damn note while dancing around like that. I recognize that she's going to be missing some notes while playing, and I'm fine with that.

Her music is toned up in a music video, because every single band's music is toned up in their videos. That way they get more fans/publicity. It's not a shocker that they did the same here, and if you expected her to play on her own dressed up in a tunic or some other uniform, that would be expecting too much out of her. She has composed many of her songs and remixed many other peoples songs. And if her music sucked, she'd still have a gift of creativity at that.
You haven't addressed any of my points other than compare her tuning up to "every single band". Why did you quote me? - and yes rebel, it does deserve praise. - but she is no way near that of a "god".

Nevermind i'll shut up here and let you lot enjoy your Lindsey :3