The Matrix

Started by Silver Knight, 21-02-2010

Silver Knight

The Matrix is a 1999 American science fiction-action film written and directed by Larry and Andy Wachowski; starring Keanu Reeves, Laurence Fishburne, Carrie-Anne Moss, Joe Pantoliano, and Hugo Weaving. It was first released in the U.S. on March 31, 1999, and is the first installment in The Matrix series of films, comic books, video games, and animation.
The film describes a future in which reality as perceived by humans is actually the Matrix: a simulated reality created by sentient machines in order to pacify and subdue the human population, while their bodies' heat and electrical activity are used as an energy source. Upon learning this, computer programmer "Neo" is drawn into a rebellion against the machines, involving other people who have been freed from the "dream world" and into reality. The film contains many references to the cyberpunk and hacker subcultures; philosophical and religious ideas; and homages to Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Hong Kong action cinema, Spaghetti Westerns, dystopian fiction, and Japanese animation.
(taken from wikipedia)

The Matrix Reloaded is a 2003 American science fiction film and the second installment in The Matrix trilogy, written and directed by the Wachowski brothers. It premiered on May 7, 2003, in Westwood, Los Angeles, California, and went on general release by Warner Bros. in North American theatres on May 15, 2003, and around the world during the latter half of that month. It was also screened out of competition at the 2003 Cannes Film Festival.[2] The video game Enter the Matrix, which was released May 15, and a collection of nine animated shorts, the Animatrix, which was released on June 3, supported and expanded the storyline of the movie. The Matrix Revolutions, which completes the story, was released six months after Reloaded in November 2003.

The Matrix Revolutions is a 2003 American science fiction film and the third and final installment of The Matrix trilogy. The film is a sequel to The Matrix Reloaded. The film was written and directed by the Wachowski brothers and released simultaneously in sixty countries on November 5, 2003. Despite the fact that it is the final film in the series, the Matrix storyline continued in The Matrix Online.
The film was the first live-action film to be released in both regular and IMAX movie theaters at the same time. The Wachowskis were present in Tokyo at the opening of the movie, as were stars Jada Pinkett Smith and Keanu Reeves.

A great movie trilogy.
Discuss.

Clips

Lobby scene
The Matrix Lobby Scene

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Bielecki

Loved the first one.
Didn't like the 2nd.
Hated the 3rd.

Dark Angel

3rd engins some how makes me belive that they might create 4th part :S

meetdadoom

Quote from: Bielecki on 21-02-2010
Loved the first one.
Didn't like the 2nd.
Hated the 3rd.

Agreed

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Predu

I enjoyed watching pretty much all of them. Sure they got worse by every movie they made, but they had a good story and the fights were more than satistifying. Plenty of movies, shows, such sometimes copy some basics/fights from the Matrix films, and that shows how much those films matter.

Turkey

I loved this whole series, <Nerco> But I had TO POST THIS!