Inglorious Basterds

Started by KillSlim, 16-08-2010

KillSlim

When I saw the trailers for this film on TV, the impression I got from it was "Piss take of WW2"; but when a friend brought it over for us to watch the film was a lot different compared to my expectations.

There is a LOT of dialogue, story, and character development. By no means is it a bad thing because it's intruiging and most of the time, weirdly, you're on the egde of your seat because the build up almost always ties to things that previously happened in the film. These ties don't just involve flash backs, the ties matter, they often result in the outcome of a characters' survival. (I'm trying not giving away any spoilers.)

The story line is WW2, but with a different story so to speak. It works well, and it makes the film memorable and different. Again, I'm not revealing any spoilers or details.

The film has balls. It will show you characters being killed, some of which you can sympathise for. This was a little bit of a shock for me, as most of the films I have seen often obscure the killings and just show a scene of a character shooting a gun instead of a character shooting and killing someone you can sympathise for.
In Saving Private Ryan, a majority of the characters, even the ones in the squad sent to find Ryan have little to no character history or development. In Inglorious, pretty much all of the characters have detailed revealed history and development, so you can become somewhat attached; and so if one were to die the impact upon the audience is considerable.

There is humour also, again I cannot reveal any details because I don't want to spoil the film.

I really do recommend you see this film, it's excellent. A little long, but well well worth the watch.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

meetdadoom

Quintatin Tirintino is the biggest badass in movie making history of all time. So of course inglousious bastards was good lol. He directed Pulp Fiction dude.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]