Deadliest Warrior

Started by Szenti, 26-04-2010

Szenti

Deadliest Warrior is a television program in which information on historical warriors and their weapons are used to determine which of them is the "deadliest" based upon tests preformed during each episode. The show is characterized by its use of the data compiled in creating a dramatization of the warriors' battle to the death.

The show is hosted by three commentators: Geoff Desmoulin (biomedical scientist and high speed camera operator)[2], Dr. Armand Dorian (medical consultant), and Max Geiger (simulations programmer). All three provide commentary throughout the show, as well as technical details of each weapons test. The show is narrated by Drew Skye.[3]

Season two began airing on April 20, 2010, and is ongoing with 13 scheduled episodes.

Episodes begin with the introduction of either two types of historical or contemporary warriors, or two historical individuals. The history, culture, and general fighting philosophies of each are explained. The explanations are accompanied by segments showing actors performing dramatized scenes that are meant to depict the daily lives of the actual fighters. Two teams of guests (introduced as experts on the warriors) are brought onto the show to test weapons spotlighted as being used by each of the warriors.[5] Typically, the different weapons are organized into four categories: close range, mid range, long range, and special weapons. However, some episodes (for instance, "Yakuza vs Mafia") have had as many as five categories. Matt Anderson and Sonny Puzikas, the experts for the "Green Beret vs. Spetsnaz" episode, have suggested that the teams are assigned weapons by the producers and that they have little influence in the production of the acted simulations.[6]

The teams test the assigned weapons on human-shaped, ballistics gel targets. Sometimes, torso-shaped targets are covered with armor that is representative of what would be worn by the weapon's opponent. While the damage inflicted on the armor by the weapon is factored into the weapon's effectiveness, the defensive ability of armor isn't included as a separate category on the show. Natural tissue, particularly pig carcasses and cow bones, are also frequently used as targets. All of the weapon tests are recorded with high speed photography, and the results are fed into a computer that measures the damage each weapon is capable of inflicting. The winner of each weapon category is determined by a combination of the test results and the judgment of the producers and hosts. In instances when the results of the tests are close, the panel decides which weapon has won based on their personal opinions.[citation needed]

The data collected from the weapons tests is fed into a computer simulation based on an unreleased commercial game engine developed by Slitherine Strategies[7] to determine the average winner of one thousand battles. These results are then used to create a fictional battle reenactment (between two characters or two small groups) performed by actors; the winner of the battle being determined using the collected data. After the battle dramatization has ended, the number of killing blows dealt by each weapon during the computer simulations is revealed. Episodes conclude with the hosts and guests commenting on why they agree or disagree with the outcome of the match.

# 3 Season 1

* 3.1 Episode 1: Apache vs Gladiator
    * 3.2 Episode 2: Viking vs Samurai
    * 3.3 Episode 3: Spartan vs Ninja
    * 3.4 Episode 4: Pirate vs Knight
    * 3.5 Episode 5: Yakuza vs Mafia
    * 3.6 Episode 6: Green Beret vs Spetsnaz
    * 3.7 Episode 7: Shaolin Monk vs Māori Warrior
    * 3.8 Episode 8: William Wallace vs Shaka Zulu
    * 3.9 Episode 9: IRA vs Taliban
    * 3.10 Back for Blood special
          o 3.10.1 Ancient match
          o 3.10.2 Modern match

# 4 Season 2

* 4.1 Episode 10: SWAT vs. GSG9
    * 4.2 Episode 11: Attila the Hun vs. Alexander the Great
    * 4.3 Episode 12: Jesse James vs. Al Capone
    * 4.4 Episode 13: Aztec Jaguar vs. Zande Warrior
    * 4.5 Episode 14: Nazi SS vs. Viet Cong
    * 4.6 Episode 15: Roman Centurion vs. Rajput
    * 4.7 Episode 16: Somali Pirate vs. Medellín Drug Cartel
    * 4.8 Episode 17: Persian Immortals vs. Celt
    * 4.9 Episode 18: KGB vs. CIA
    * 4.10 Episode 19: Vlad The Impaler vs. Sun Tzu
    * 4.11 Episode 20: Ming Warrior vs. Musketeer
    * 4.12 Episode 21: Comanche vs. Mongol
    * 4.13 Episode 22: Navy SEAL vs. Israeli Commando

Taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadliest_Warrior
http://www.spike.com/show/31082?tabId=31805&fxn=getTabMembers <- You can watch all the episodes there, or watch them in the TV.
I like this show, can't wait for Episode 11, where Attila the Hun vs Alexander the Great will be tested, and they will fight.
Ohh, and there will be a video game from the show.

Steel

I love how there was no SAS versus anybody.

Zstan

I only watch this show for the gore.

Paintcheck

Quote from: The Jackal on 26-04-2010

I'm sure that will be a future thing, the only reason I posted this was so you wouldn't go "I guess that means they'd just kill everyone cause they are t3h best!1!!!one!" because that irks me.

Zstan

Chaos

Wow, they shouldn't be able to make up shit without telling people it's fake. There's way too many myths already...

Szenti

Quote from: Chaos on 26-04-2010
Wow, they shouldn't be able to make up shit without telling people it's fake. There's way too many myths already...
But still, its a good show when your bored.
Sadly, in Hungary they show one episode at Sunday, very late, when 50% of the people is sleeping, sooo. And i'm not watching it on the internet, only in TV, so I wait very much for the Sundays. But I guess, I will watch Episode 11 Online, i'm REALLY interested in that one. : p

Steel

Quote from: Paintcheck on 26-04-2010
Quote from: The Jackal on 26-04-2010

I'm sure that will be a future thing, the only reason I posted this was so you wouldn't go "I guess that means they'd just kill everyone cause they are t3h best!1!!!one!" because that irks me.

I wasn't planning on it, i would have thought the most well known special forces group would of at least been done.

Assassinator

And so it was.

Steven :D

I Saw the whole first season

Bielecki

This show is awful, but in good way.