The Situation - A cover-all announcement for 1.8 and 1.9

Started by Ragolution, 14-09-2011

CPftw

Quote from: geccoy on 17-09-2011
Well, you kind of just made it public that you were making one.
If I were you, I would lay low about this for a while, and then create it under a false name, like a cover-up business.
Oh please I have been selling stuff for extortionate prices and items I shouldn't have been for ages and no one has noticed... oh crap this is public :P My initial idea was loan sharking, then extortion, then blackmailing to get favours until I become criminal Emperor of Ermor, it was then I realised I would get banned that I became a hunter instead, I just think that a not as goody part of Ermor would give more depth and enjoyment to the server.
pffft

Feerman

Quote from: CPftw on 17-09-2011
Quote from: geccoy on 17-09-2011
Well, you kind of just made it public that you were making one.
If I were you, I would lay low about this for a while, and then create it under a false name, like a cover-up business.
Oh please I have been selling stuff for extortionate prices and items I shouldn't have been for ages and no one has noticed... oh crap this is public :P My initial idea was loan sharking, then extortion, then blackmailing to get favours until I become criminal Emperor of Ermor, it was then I realised I would get banned that I became a hunter instead, I just think that a not as goody part of Ermor would give more depth and enjoyment to the server.

1) You wouldn't get banned for extreme prices, it's IC. People can suck a dick and not buy if they think it costs too much.
2)You wouldn't get banned for crime IC, as long as it was sorted out properly, and you didn't grief.
3) I blame corporate when my fries aren't crunchy when I order McDonald's.

Ragolution

If banditry becomes common, we WILL have to regulate it.

meldin

I don't understand, if you dont want to build ermor again, you import that area with MCedit, then export it in to the new map. I know it's a lot of blocks to do something like that, but I've deleted entire chunks in MCedit and my computer's crap.

RanmaChan

Quote from: meldin on 21-09-2011
I don't understand, if you dont want to build ermor again, you import that area with MCedit, then export it in to the new map. I know it's a lot of blocks to do something like that, but I've deleted entire chunks in MCedit and my computer's crap.

I think it is more along the lines of, we want to get a player government and economy running first, without having to restart the map.  Then when roles are clearly defined and we know how to start a working economy, we can then rebuild Ermor with all the changes we have in mind.  I know that Port wants to build the city in a very different manner from what we have now, and a lot of people would like a fresh start.  This, surprisingly, includes me.

So, TL;DR - We want the city right now to get everything (government, economy) working the way we want, then we rebuilt the city to reflect our changed goals, desires, and needs.
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

GreenLeprechaun

Quote from: Ragolution on 14-09-2011
FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED
Nice  2 b updated truly... I know i have not been on for some time (due to school) and i can see that alot have been done while i havent been on the server.

As i read i can see that the rules of creating factions outside ermor BUT not to compete with ermor was ok if i understood that right. Thats why i ask if it is ok that i create a city outside ermor / a faction non competative.

Cheers ur underling GreenLeprechaun Artifex Rasmus rubrun
Elf: Tiny man!!
Human: That's no man thats a leprechaun!
Dwarf: A leprechaun!?! We will hang him by his feet and beat him like a piñata 'till the gold falls out!!!
Elf: with this golden salmon.
Human: gold does not come from leprechauns... it comes from china.
Elf: oh..

Ragolution

Quote from: GreenLeprechaun on 26-10-2011
Quote from: Ragolution on 14-09-2011
FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED
Nice  2 b updated truly... I know i have not been on for some time (due to school) and i can see that alot have been done while i havent been on the server.

As i read i can see that the rules of creating factions outside ermor BUT not to compete with ermor was ok if i understood that right. Thats why i ask if it is ok that i create a city outside ermor / a faction non competative.

Cheers ur underling GreenLeprechaun Artifex Rasmus rubrun

Welcome back, Green.
You did understand that correctly but at the current time we're banning other settlements as they almost automatically compete with Ermor. You can put your Guild Hall outside the city, or just in view of the city but you basically cannot make a town or something akin to one anywhere you please.\

Also, Arthy destroyed your Outpost.

GreenLeprechaun

Quote from: Ragolution on 26-10-2011

Welcome back, Green.
You did understand that correctly but at the current time we're banning other settlements as they almost automatically compete with Ermor. You can put your Guild Hall outside the city, or just in view of the city but you basically cannot make a town or something akin to one anywhere you please.\

Is there any limits to the size of the guild hall?
Elf: Tiny man!!
Human: That's no man thats a leprechaun!
Dwarf: A leprechaun!?! We will hang him by his feet and beat him like a piñata 'till the gold falls out!!!
Elf: with this golden salmon.
Human: gold does not come from leprechauns... it comes from china.
Elf: oh..

Ragolution

Welcome back, Green.

Within reason.

RanmaChan

Welcome back, Green.

Within reason.

He can use one of the large buildings he made outside the walls in the village for his guild hall, they just need a bit of modification.
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."