Old Lore

Started by Ragolution, 09-11-2011

Ragolution

QuoteMaybe you could use it as gossip about foreign lands or something.

If I get the urge to write anything else like this, I'll use this thread.

" 'S like he's gon' mad 'r somethin'. 'Used to be he was the most intelligent knife-and-fork anyone'd ever meet, ennow what 'chu see of 'im? Gally-vantin' with the poor likes of us."

"I think it's just your imagination, Mona. The King's just trying to get in touch with the people."

" 'as whacchu think, innit? 'Enna spose beddin' n knockin' on the old brass door is jus' right up the gennleman's alley, is that so?"

"It's not like he's actually done that, Mister Thomas?"

I shook my head at my young ward. "That's not at all the case, my boy. Don't you ruin yourself with the mad-woman's rambling's, Car'."

" 'eah, don't lissen to the smartest puddin' this side of the Raymes."

"You're the smartest person any side of the Raymes, ever since they drained it down to the muddy stones, Mona."

" 'll tell you, Poll, wun day tha' kinnga ours's gunna choke on those big walnuts of his."

"I suppose he is a rather confident man. He puts his pictures all around the city, after all..."

I only had to look at the nearest lamppost to find the King's latest propaganda poster. It showed him riding a mechanical horse into battle against the Black Enemy from the lost continent. The Afrikaas is what scholars were calling it... A dire land far south of our own and infested with unsavory elements like the Black Menace.
I called my attention back to the slums and glanced to my young companion. He was my apprentice of three years now. On his way to being a fine Gentleman Barber just as his father wanted.

"Let us go, now, Car'. We've spent plenty of minutes talking to miss pennies-and-dimes."

"Where would we head now, Sir?" He asked me from under his paperboy's cap.

"Home, Car'. His highness the King is supposed to have another nightly broadcast."

As always, he seemed to light up at the mention of the King. In moments, he had nodded and summoned one of the countless, noisy steam carriages. We clambered aboard and I passed the man a silver Gulden as we sat wordlessly in the contraption and waited our way home.
We arrived at my flat on 6th and Dremmaud and came to be inside through the front door. I made our supper that night; Black stew with blood sausage and seasoned sweetbreads. It was a good meal, but that wasn't what was important.

"Sir Poll, might we go to the fairgrounds to see the king himself?"

I looked at the boy again- at his face. He seemed to always have that same expression on, constantly worrying his brow. I never knew what it always was that made him look that way. He looked sad, I concluded, like a puppy that had been kicked one too many times.

"I don't see why not, Car'. Fetch my fanciest cane; we'll be down there in not a moment."

We ambled down the street, him guarding me from the aggressive crowds of the anti-royals (or the "Redbloods" as they fancied themselves.) and the other commoners as we passed. The life of a Gentleman Barber is a privileged one and even the lesser-born in the world knew of my prestige.
"Do you see him, boy?" I asked as we approached the stage and the fairgrounds surrounding the giant iron spider the king had built for his broadcasts.
He nodded back at me, standing atop a marble slab o'er near the King's Cathedral- being repaired for the umpteenth time.

It was only moments until the King came onto the stage. His crown has haphazardly balanced on his brow and a mixed flurry of cheers and boos assailed him from the crowd, along with the occasional aluminium beverage receptacle. His Royal Highness's Honor Guard stood around him, holding ornate black shields and pleated in gold-and-silver-leaf as was the norm.
The King approached his gold-gilt annunciation machine and rancorously cleared his throat before he began.

"My beautiful children, people of Gaphoria! I come to you on this day with great news!"

The crowd howled with boos and jeers as the King seemingly broke a sweat.  He wiped his brow and cleared his throat a second, less fearsome, time. A lonely servant scurried up and brought him a goblet of something alcoholic.

"Yes, I- I am aware of the sour attitude, but I must announce to you all, that the Dark People have been defeated! Their capitol of Bibanana has been captured by our troops and-"

Suddenly, an ear-piercing shout broke over the din of the crowd and filled everyone's ears.

"MURDERER!"

I looked over at my boy on the stones- Young Car', shouting with the voice of a man a thousand times his senior, penetrated the sound of a thousand thousand people with his lone voice.

Other voices soon joined the man. Soon calls of "DEVIANT" and "GODLESS HEATHEN!" and even "PIEBALD HORSEFUCKER" emanated from the crowd. The honor guard stood and deflected any debris that came forward.

"Guards, disperse that rabble!"

The clockwork guardsmen lowered their shields, revealing their brasswork faces, carved in the visage of the king's dead son. They tromped into the crowd, and their metal clubs rose about their heads. At first it all seemed fine, as usually happened, the people backed away from the machines, until the first one struck a woman with its club. She died, instantly- that wasn't even a question. The boy and I looked in horror as the crowd erupted in rage and violence and many people died under the swing of the great brass columns the machines used as weapons.

"No!" the king shouted "No! I didn't say kill them! No! No! No!"

The King grabbed for his wineglass, slurping down the contents in a stupor and then choking, hard. He grabbed his throat, and then turned blue, purple, black, and finally died, sputtering out a few more "No! No!" s

A later autopsy would reveal he choked on a brass bolt the size of a large walnut.

Mr_Squirrel

"And his name?" The old looking woman sitting at the counter asked. Chris thought for a moment, "Charlie," he said, "Charlie Ambers." The woman nodded writing down the information on some parchment. "And the names of the parents?" She asked. "..." memories flooded his head.

"Sir?"
  "Huh-what?" He took the memories out of his head.
"...The names of the parents sir?"
"Oh yeah...Chris Ambers"
"And the mother?"
Chris shrugged, not wanting to tell her. The old woman raised her eyebrow, "Alright," she wrote mores things on the parchment. The woman took a old, broken looking stamp out and stamped the parchment twice. "Alright, we will try to find Charlie a nice home and family for him to live with," She smiled a fake, phony smile, " Thank you for working with us and have a nice day. Chris nodded, "Good bye," then he left and walked outside the orphanage. Chris prayed that his song will have a good, better life than his and he hoped somehow someday he would find out about his family and true self.

meldin

All elves of the land originated as one people. The Eldivan were creature of true beauty; their hair was of spun gold. eyes glistening jewels of Emerald, Sapphire, or ruby; and their skin was fair and delicate. Eldivan were not people of the sword, or of the coin, but people of the book - They all had a thirst for knowledge and to preserve what they learned. Though all loved to learn, their lust to learn were all focus on different subjects. This is what lead to the splitting of the Eldivan, and to the creation of the four elven  races.

The High Elves were very curious about the sciences and how things work. They developed their own mining and quarrying techniques. They created many smithing and mailleing techniques that are now used by human smiths today. These elves lived in villages of stone, and can be skilled in many things. Their skin tone is that of a human's and hair can be any colour. They don't have any facial hair and do not mark their bodies.

The Wood Elves were curious about nature and life. They traveled to the most dense part of forest and reside in the trees. They have learned how to preserve nature while still using it's resources. They had produced many medicines in there time and some have become powerful druids. The Wood Elves' skin tone is quite fair and there hair is normally light in colour (Blond, Grey, White).They do not have facial hair, but do tattoo there faces and different parts of their bodies with designs. The were found living in treehouses in forest villages.

The Grey Elves were curious about the other races. They all had traveled together, finding mates of different races. Over time they have created a race of halflings known as the "grey race". These elves have no racial preferences. They can have any skin tone and any hair colour. As well, they can grow facial hair and may tattoo their bodies. They normally were found to live in human villages.

There is not much known about the dark elves. They were quite interested in the dark magic. After years of study, they had finally found a portal to the realm of true darkness. This is where they have resigned for many centuries. After a while, some dark elves left the realm to explore this world. They are to have dark blue/purple skin tone, and normally have bleach-blond/white hair or Black/black-blue hair. They were  powerful mages and like to keep to themselves.  Nobody knows what kind of village they live in.

Over time, the number of elves slowly dwindled away, as did their lust for knowledge. The remaining elves eventually left there cities in the search of other people. Currently, the elves of Aceon reside anywhere. Some prefer to live in secluded houses in the forest, some prefer to live in the cities of the other races. Many still wonder the lands, trying to find a purpose in this world.

Oh! I almost forgot... Though they split, some of the wisest Eldivan realized one of greatest things they must preserve... Themselves. The group made pilgrimage to a secluded forest, where they did their best to not change in any way. Even today, the Eldivan exist, not changing since the time they were created. Though they still keep to themselves, you may find one or to brave ones walking the lands. Or maybe even settled down in a town, too content to ever venture back home.

Feerman

Quote from: meldin on 20-11-2011
All elves of the land originated as one people. The goddess, manorvu had created the elves, hoping to find the secrets of the world. She made them intelligent, with exceptional Sight, hearing, and feeling. These elves were curious about many things, these people formed four groups and went their own ways because of this four races of elves have been created, The names of these races are:

High Elves - The High Elves were very curious about the sciences and how things work. They developed their own mining and quarrying techniques. They created many smithing and mailleing techniques that are now used by human smiths today. These elves live in villages of stone, and can be skilled in many things. Their skin tone is that of a human's and hair can be any colour. They don't have any facial hair and do not mark their bodies.

Wood Elves - The Wood Elves were curious about nature and life. They traveled to the most dense part of forest and reside in the trees. They have learned how to preserve nature while still using it's resources. They have produced many medicines in there time and some have become powerful druids. The Wood Elves' skin tone is quite fair and there hair is normally light in colour (Blond, Grey, White).They do not have facial hair, but do tattoo there faces and different parts of their bodies with designs. The are found living in treehouses in forest villages.

Grey Elves - The Grey Elves were curious about the other races. They all had traveled together, finding mates of different races. Over time they have created a race of halflings known as the "grey race". These elves have no racial preferences. They are quite jolly creatures who like to party and hold festivities. They can have any skin tone and any hair colour. As well, they can grow facial hair and may tattoo their bodies. They normally are found to live in human villages.

Dark Elves - There is not much known about the dark elves. They were quite interested in the dark magic. After years of study, they had finally found a portal to the realm of true darkness. This is where they have resigned for many centuries. Every once in a while, a dark elf leaves the realm to explore this world. They are to have dark blue skine tone, and normally have bleach-blond/white hair or Black/black-blue hair. They are normally powerful mages and like to keep to themselves.  Nobody know what kind of village they live in.

Ugh.
Uhm.
Were you told to make this.
Because I don't want my elf character to be from somewhere,
unless it's canon

Feerman

Long ago, Eras before the DEAP Era, a man named Krutti Deccuti of the Decutti Clan, waged a war. He plundered villages and guilds, all while moving, never staying in one place. His men were loyal, and comprised of 3 families, the Decutti Clan. The Deccutis, who were the leaders, the Plaichiis, who were the mages, and the Burtacces, who were the archers and logic thinkers.
When Krutti, leader of the Decutti clan paved his way in the world, he had created a peaceful Aceon. In his youth, his father had taken him on sea trips. His main city, Seatar, had a wonderful and renown port. He had a wonderful and beautiful ship created. He had his best mages enchant the sails, to be as fast as the wind, the hull and body, to withstand the mightiest waves, and the oars, to be as strong as Decutti Steel.
He named it Sea-Rune, and it was the most famous ship ever. When he would go on Plundering trips, they called him the Captain Sea-Rune. Many foreigners didn't speak his language, so they converted it to Cer-Uun. Which, over the years came the Decuttis, who adapted the sur-name Cerun, in rememberance of their great ancestor, Krutti Ducatti, the Sea-Rune.

TEH END

meldin

I asked port if I could make the lore for the elves, This is just the basics and if you want something changed or added I might do it, but i'd like it to stay as close to this as possible.

Lt.Azrael

for some reason when you said Manorvu the goddess, I went through the Nine Divines and couldn't find her, I was thinking, "WTF is this guy drinking?" then I realized, I'm not playing Skyrim anymore.

meldin

Quote from: Lt.Azrael on 21-11-2011
for some reason when you said Manorvu the goddess, I went through the Nine Divines and couldn't find her, I was thinking, "WTF is this guy drinking?" then I realized, I'm not playing Skyrim anymore.

Ha Ha Ha. Ya, i totally made the name up, just because feer didn't want any canon from video games or LOTR.

meldin

Added a bunch of elf templates if anyone wants to check them out.

Lt.Azrael

Sometime ago, Most likely during the times of Giants, many people had to work the stone, destroying it, bending it to their will with a pick. There was no single race picked out for this job, but elves are prominent just because most humans died off because they lacked much in terms of will and strength. After the fall of the giants, there was much rejoicing (yayyyyy...), however, those who worked the mines never left them. Many had acute agorophobia, or just liked the dark and enclosed spaces better. Over time, no one remembered them, and these people created a life of their own. And now, they are embroiled in the events of the world once again.
(As is obvious, I couldn't create the race of stone elves I wanted, but i refuse to be put down by this, so instead I keep the elves, but have them live underground and semi adapt to it. So, they're a conglomerate of elves and humans, not a new race, but still, I felt like doing this. I've lost my train of thought.... bye.)

Overwatch

One word.

Dwarves.

Diggy Diggy hole.

Lt.Azrael

Except they're tall, not short. Among other things. The race of dwarves was made, but these are humans and elves, mostly elves, who live in seclusion underground, and their society is made as such. Slight differences abound.

Ragolution

Lt.Azrael

Ragolution

Quote from: Lt.Azrael on 22-11-2011

No, not really.

Just say Subterranian Humans then.

Subrace.

Lt.Azrael

No not a subrace. The ermorians werent a subrace, they were a people group. The people of stone arent a subrace, they are a people group. I've set this up as simply a .... I dont even know, just to write I guess. My chars people are of many races and many creeds, their only common connection is that they live underground.

Ragolution

No not a subrace. The ermorians werent a subrace, they were a people group. The people of stone arent a subrace, they are a people group. I've set this up as simply a .... I dont even know, just to write I guess. My chars people are of many races and many creeds, their only common connection is that they live underground.

Ermor wasn't a race, it was a culture.

Lt.Azrael

Quote from: Ragolution on 22-11-2011

Exactly what I am saying.

Ragolution

Quote from: Ragolution on 22-11-2011

Exactly what I am saying.

Oh. Then it's Lore.

Culture is basically non-essential lore.

geccoy

I love this post.
I like the lore, and the skins.
Good job.

Ragolution

This is the new, official, magick system. If you don't have the time/patience to read this short Lore passage, I don't have the time/patience to approve your Mage's license. It's not that hard, just make sure you don't skim it. You can obviously skip the parts that aren't in english.

ong sho non fhi lus non ti chi vus jeh konk ul mahn own owun pas re mon ong zhu fe vao wei xeht yimp zaul

[A Treatise on Primitive Magicka, Spellsmiting and the Pre-Historic Arcane Arts]
by Prince Maximillian Sapeius Urban I

It is clear of the modern Ermorian magic and how it is to be used, but archaelogical results have displayed to our scholars an entirely different, less understood kind of magic. From these findings, such as the alleged
Dular'dular's Tome of the Blue Magikat, Volume III, we have constructed this knowledge of the Ancient magicks that predated even the shamanistic prose of the Ermorii tribe of the high steppes.

From this excavation and Dular'dular's text, we have concluded that there were four types of spellcaster in the Primitive World. Dular'dular refers to them as "The Drummer, The Writer, The Fire and The Patient". Dular'dular wrote in some of the most flowery and poetic styles of the already flowery, poetic and, in truth, overly complex language of Shuzonvau. This text contains excepts of his works, the
Scroll of Em'rakul as well as other ancient works. I advise only someone fluent in Shuzonvau even consider attempting a translation. As a courtesy to non-scholars, in lieu of these archaic terms I will be using more appropriate names for these categories of Ancient Magi and providing my own translation of Dular'dular's poems. We have also concluded, from Dular'dular's writings, that there were four seperate magic schools, taught as seperate techniques. These I will refer to as Mantras.

Dular'dular spake of The Greatest Spellcasters known as Omagee. The Omagee were each a master of one of the four types and one of the four techniques.

Tchilus Fvusmonongzhu Omahnongtiluslus weiongong ong Mongongzhulusmon owunnon Dmonfemahnmahnvusownti. Izhu weiongong ongongvusfhi zhuchiongzhu chivusong ongpaslusululnonmonongnonzhu sholustiongown ongong ongowunowunown ongong shoongzhuzhuullus weiongong monowunfeonglusfhi ongownfhi ongzhufeownti ulvuskonklus ong mahnongownyimp ongweiongmonmahn owunnon weiongongpas ongzhuvusowntiong. Hlus weiongong owunnonzhulusown ong vaovusnonzhuowunmon owunnon zhuchilus timonlusongzhu fhifelusulong zhuchimonowunfetichi nonowunvusownnonvusfhilusownnonlus, ongong chilus ownlusvaolusmon chiongfhi zhuowun nonongnonlus Tchilus Pongzhuvuslusownzhu, weichiowun weiongong ongfepaspasowunonglusfhi ongong chivusong timonlusongzhulusongzhu zhuchimonlusongzhu.

The First Omagee was a Master of Drumming. It was said that his spellcraft began as soon as battle was roused and stung like a many swarm of wasp stings. He was often a victor of the great duels through coincidence, as he never had to face The Patient, who was supposed as his greatest threat.

The First Omagee was what we commonly refer to as a Interlocutor.
He was able to cast spells instantly and without preparation, but it is said by Dular'dular that his spells were weaker.

Tchilus Slusnonowunownfhi Omahnongtiluslus weiongong ong Mongongzhulusmon owunnon Wmonvuszhuvusownti. Izhu weiongong ongongvusfhi zhuchiongzhu chilus weimonowunzhulus fhiowunweiown lusvaolusmonyimp ongpaslusulul chilus lusvaolusmon konkownluswei vusown chivusong timonlusongzhu zhuowunmahnlus, konkownowunweiown ongong zhuchilus Bfeulong'mahnongongul. Hlus pasmonluspasongmonlusfhi chivusong ongpaslusululong sholusnonowunmonlus chivusong shoongzhuzhuullusong weilusmonlus lusvaolusown nonongulullusfhi, ongownfhi chilus weiongong owunnonzhulusown ong vaovusnonzhuowunmon owunnon zhuchilus timonlusongzhu fhifelusulong zhuchimonowunfetichi vusownzhulusululvustilusownzhu ongownfhi nonfeownownvusownti feongongtilus owunnon mahnongtivusnonkonkong, ongowun ulowunownti ongong chilus ownlusvaolusmon chiongfhi zhuowun nonongnonlus Tchilus Fvusmonlus weichiowun vuszhu weiongong ongongvusfhi ongulweiongyimpong fhilusnonlusongzhulusfhi chivusmahn.

The Second Omagee was a Master of Writing. It was said that he wrote down every spell he ever knew in his great tome, known as the Bula'maal. He prepared his spells before his battles were even called, and he was often a victor of the great duels through intelligent and cunning usage of magicka, so long as he never had to face The Fire who it was said always defeated him.

The Second Omagee was what we commonly refer to as a Sorceror.
He was able to cast spells instantly and but required diligent preparation. It is said that, using his cunning, he was often the most powerful.

Tchilus Tchivusmonfhi Omahnongtiluslus weiongong ong Mongongzhulusmon owunnon Pongzhuvuslusownnonlus. Izhu weiongong ongongvusfhi zhuchiongzhu zhuchilus Tchivusmonfhi Omahnongtiluslus chiongfhi feonglusfhi ongulul owunnon chivusong ulvusnonlus zhuowun monlusmahnlusmahnsholusmon lusvaolusmonyimpzhuchivusownti vusown zhuchilus weiowunmonulfhi. Tchilus Pongzhuvuslusownzhu pasmonluspasongmonlusfhi chivusong ongpaslusululong ulowunownti sholusnonowunmonlus chilus sholustiongown ong shoongzhuzhuullus, ongownfhi owunnonzhulusown sholustiongown nonongongzhuvusownti lusvaolusown lusongmonulvuslusmon zhuchiongown zhuchiongzhu. Hvusong ongpaslusululong weilusmonlus feownmonvusvaoongulullusfhi shoyimp ongulul zhuchimonluslus owunzhuchilusmon Omahnongtiluslus, shofezhu vuszhu weiongong ongongvusfhi zhuchiongzhu ongowunmahnluszhuvusmahnlusong Tchilus Wmonvuszhulusmon ongowunmahnluszhuvusmahnlusong tiowunzhu zhuchilus sholuszhuzhulusmon owunnon chivusmahn.

The Third Omagee was a Master of Patience. It was said that the Third Omagee had used all of his life to remember everything in the world. The Patient prepared his spells long before he began a battle, and often began casting even earlier than that. His spells were unrivalled by all three other Omagee, but it was said that sometimes The Writer sometimes got the better of him.

The Third Omagee was what we commonly refer to as a Ritualist.
His spells were slow and required constant concentration and sometimes even days of casting. It is said that, using his patience, he was often the most powerful.

Tchilus Fowunfemonzhuchi Omahnongtiluslus weiongong zhuchilus Mongongzhulusmon owunnon Fvusmonlus. Izhu weiongong ongongvusfhi zhuchivusong Omahnongtiluslus weiongong ongshoullus zhuowun nonowunownjehfemonlus nonvusmonlus nonmonowunmahn zhuchilus fhiluspaszhuchiong owunnon zhuchilus Aluszhuchilusmon ongownfhi ongnonongmonlus vuszhu vusownzhuowun vusmonowunown ongownfhi weiowunowunfhi weivuszhuchi chivusong ullustilusownfhiongmonyimp chiongmahnmahnlusmon Zfemahn'zaulonglusfeul. Hvusong ongpaslusululong zhumonfeulyimp zhuowunowunkonk zhuchilus ulowunowntilusongzhu zhuowun pasmonluspasongmonlus ongownfhi ongulzhuchiowunfetichi ownowun, zhuchilusyimp weilusmonlus ownowunzhu zhuchilus ongzhumonowunowntilusongzhu, zhuchilusyimp nonongmahnlus zhuowuntiluszhuchilusmon ongownfhi ongfepaspasowunmonzhulusfhi lusongnonchiowunzhuchilusmon weichilusown zhuchilus Fowunfemonzhuchi Omahnongtiluslus weiowunmonlus chivusong Mongownyimp Mongtivusnonkonklusfhi Fvusongzhu- ong tiongfeownzhuulluszhu nonmonfeongzhulusfhi vusown tilusmahnong, lusongnonchi tilusmahn chiongvaolus ong fhivusnonnonlusmonlusownzhu pasowunweilusmon.

The Fourth Omagee was the Master of Fire. It was said this Omagee was able to conjure fire from the depths of the Aether and scare it into iron and wood with his legendary hammer Zum'zaeul. His spells truly took the longest to prepare and although no, they were not the strongest, they came together and supported eachother when the Fourth Omagee wore his Many Magicked Fist- a gauntlet crusted in gems, each gem have a different power.

The Fourth Omagee was what we commonly refer to as a Mage-Smith.
His spells were not spells but the binding of pure magic to the steel and iron and other metals that comprised his weapons and armor. It was said that, after countless years of using this fire, only the Ritualist was able to defeat this Omagee in single combat.

These Four Omagee were the masters of each Type of magick and it was said none could surpass them.

In the
Scroll of Em'rakul, the authors detail the four Mantras of magic very simply.

Tchilusmonlus ongmonlus nonowunfemon Mongownzhumonongong owunnon Mongtivusnon. Longongzhu vusong Nongzhufemonlus. Tchivusmonfhi vusong Lvusnonlus Slusnonowunownfhi vusong Mvusownfhi Fvusmonongzhu vusong Mongtivusnon Izhuonglusulnon.

There are four Mantras of Magic.
Last is Nature.
Third is Life.
Second is Mind.
First is Magic Itself.

This text refers to the findings of modern Ermorian scientists who have since expanded the Schools of Magic, but it is easy to see how the Ancients thought this. Nearly any spell wrought with modern magic can be tied into any one of these groups.

[The rest of the book has serious fire damage]

Feerman

Love the addition of Mage-Smith.
Definately gonna use that somehow, whether it be Subject or Part of my Warlord Character.
Krune Decutti.

meldin

if anyone wants to create more skins for each race, post 'em on here and I'll put them up on the main post.

Sladik

I must say...Although this is very informative about the lore behind the magic, gives a basic description of the Omagee, and lists the four schools, it tells me nothing about how I can actually apply the magic in-game.

Ragolution

Quote from: Sladik on 01-12-2011
I must say...Although this is very informative about the lore behind the magic, gives a basic description of the Omagee, and lists the four schools, it tells me nothing about how I can actually apply the magic in-game.

Then you have totally failed to grasp the material.

Read it again.