Started by Ragolution, 17-11-2011

Ragolution

Alright, everyone go do me a favor;

View this thread
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/83803-building-a-realistic-medieval-world/

Come back here.

Vote.
Feel free to discuss in this thread.

I very much like this idea, if it wasn't wholly clear.

Please post when you vote so I can ask people why they don't like it.

Make the first line of your Post "Option 1" or "Option 3" etc

Feerman

Quote from: Ragolution on 17-11-2011
Alright, everyone go do me a favor;

View this thread
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/83803-building-a-realistic-medieval-world/

Come back here.

Vote.
Feel free to discuss in this thread.

I very much like this idea, if it wasn't wholly clear.

Please post when you vote so I can ask people why they don't like it.

Make the first line of your Post "Option 1" or "Option 3" etc

I actually believe I found Aceon through that thread, thinking Aceon WAS built like that.
I'd very much like it.

Demonizer877

Option 3

I like it but as with most things it would be fun to try it out before it became permanent. But yeah if this is big scale it would be hell of alot of fun. I'm also not sure how people will take up the idea, whether they'll actually live in the villages or simply bugger off to go live in a mountain. Those are my concerns but as for questions, would the hamlets/whatever be owned by different factions or would they just be freely allowed to operate on their own? Or is it that a faction decides they want a hamlet and then you build a suitable one for them?
Awesomeness is the best trait one can have

Ragolution

Quote from: Demonizer877 on 17-11-2011
Option 3

I like it but as with most things it would be fun to try it out before it became permanent. But yeah if this is big scale it would be hell of alot of fun. I'm also not sure how people will take up the idea, whether they'll actually live in the villages or simply bugger off to go live in a mountain. Those are my concerns but as for questions, would the hamlets/whatever be owned by different factions or would they just be freely allowed to operate on their own? Or is it that a faction decides they want a hamlet and then you build a suitable one for them?

I...

Might consider setting up a different server for this.
Just so we can test it out.

It'll still be Aceon but it'll have a different IP

Uh. The way this will probably work is going to be a reproduction of Ermor except we wont have our hands in everything this time.

TL;DR -

We are all part of <COUNTRY>
Guilds can take over <SOME NUMBER> of hamlets either through force, economic means, or getting the town to like them.
The city of <CAPITOL> is the capitol of <COUNTRY>.
Hamlets have to be loyal to someone, whether it's the City or a Guild.

Another part of this system is that ALL settlements will start as hamlets and work thier way up to town or city.

Probably town because our population is pretty low.

geccoy

I think this system could work, if done properly.
I don't know if I like it or not. I am more leaning towards not liking it.

Shadowking64

so...we still have factions and whatnot? How much is it going to be like the old aceon?

Feerman

Quote from: Ragolution on 17-11-2011
Quote from: Demonizer877 on 17-11-2011
Option 3

I...

Might consider setting up a different server for this.
Just so we can test it out.

It'll still be Aceon but it'll have a different IP

Uh. The way this will probably work is going to be a reproduction of Ermor except we wont have our hands in everything this time.

TL;DR -

We are all part of <COUNTRY>
Guilds can take over <SOME NUMBER> of hamlets either through force, economic means, or getting the town to like them.
The city of <CAPITOL> is the capitol of <COUNTRY>.
Hamlets have to be loyal to someone, whether it's the City or a Guild.

Another part of this system is that ALL settlements will start as hamlets and work thier way up to town or city.

Probably town because our population is pretty low.

Yeah, me like tat ideer.
But, we'll need a hella more people for this to even get going, are usual amount of people ranges to 5-7 on weekdays, 5-12 on a weekend, and 8-15 on a GOOD weekend.

Krystal_Drummer

The idea sounds great, but it's a bit too specific, couldnt we just change the Idea around a little? Like, Aceon is FANTASY RPG, not medival rpg, although i want to keep it medival-ish style (no modern style shit like massive factories and electronic robots) but like fantasy style stuff such as airships and floating house/cities and magic and stuff. So mainly, i want medival but a little fantasy put in, and maby some steampunk, but keep that stuff on a downlow, because the most steampunk I'll go to is like 15th century steampunk, no electricity, if any, its produced by magic or something.
:D

Feerman

Quote from: Krystal_Drummer on 17-11-2011
The idea sounds great, but it's a bit too specific, couldnt we just change the Idea around a little? Like, Aceon is FANTASY RPG, not medival rpg, although i want to keep it medival-ish style (no modern style shit like massive factories and electronic robots) but like fantasy style stuff such as airships and floating house/cities and magic and stuff. So mainly, i want medival but a little fantasy put in, and maby some steampunk, but keep that stuff on a downlow, because the most steampunk I'll go to is like 15th century steampunk, no electricity, if any, its produced by magic or something.

Like I said, no room for change in the people's hearts.
It was originally Medieval RP if I remember, and people just wanted magic.
The Steampunk was just.. added in and became popular, when Novarium came.
But the whole of Aceon never partook in Steampunk until this Server Wipe.
I remember a Viking faction, Valhalla. 2nd biggest on the 2nd server.
They had no steampunk, only machinery was railways.
That was it.

Fauxnal

i very much like the idea and would love to see how it plays out first i think a test sever would be a great idea before applying this to the sever can the manor be replace with like guild halls instead since guild could run the hamlet or village 

Ragolution

Quote from: Feerman on 17-11-2011
Quote from: Krystal_Drummer on 17-11-2011

Like I said, no room for change in the people's hearts.
It was originally Medieval RP if I remember, and people just wanted magic.
The Steampunk was just.. added in and became popular, when Novarium came.
But the whole of Aceon never partook in Steampunk until this Server Wipe.
I remember a Viking faction, Valhalla. 2nd biggest on the 2nd server.
They had no steampunk, only machinery was railways.
That was it.

I made steampunk popular. Bobby rode my coattails.

Shadowking64

Will we be allowed to keep what we've already built?

Ragolution

Quote from: Shadowking64 on 18-11-2011

Probably not, but this is going to be Minecraft 1.0.0 so ... soon.

Mr_Squirrel

Quote from: Ragolution on 18-11-2011

Are you saying our factions are going to be removed for 1.0.0?

Ragolution

Quote from: Mr_Squirrel on 18-11-2011
Quote from: Ragolution on 18-11-2011

Are you saying our factions are going to be removed for 1.0.0?

iunno

Ragolution

Aceon

What is Aceon ?
Aceon is a Minecraft roleplay Server in a World builded by the other Player's. It is set in a Medieval Fantasy World called "Aceon". You can be whatever you like to be, but don't be silly and say "Lulz Iz Space Marine!"
I will be adding more stuff later when we begin to make Quest's, build up City's, story what happened so far and so on.

Connecting information.
Server ip: 69.162.76.234

Our modern Currency is called the "Lira"
If you want to join, Just hop onto the Server, we do not currently have a Whitelist
If building a town, check this here out: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=89031

http://www.youtube.com/v/XJjnbhSTuqQ&autoplay=1