How to make your gaming experience 10x as awesome!

Started by Xerdun, 05-05-2011

Xerdun

So, today I got round to actually installing a new texture pack and WOW. Minecraft has taken on a whole new dimension, it looks incredible!

So here's a link to the pack I got, I'd recommend it wholeheartedly, its stunning. Its almost real life.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=136785

Make sure you follow all the instructions to the letter and look to the help bit if you get stuck installing it

Obviously not forcing anyone to but I don't think you'll regret it :D

Ragolution

God this is awful.
I hate people who think minecraft needs a 256x256 texture pack.
Jesus christ, get something that looks nice, runs clean and works.

Comradebritish

Just get Doku or something. I have a Fallout-ish texture pack, but for Multiplayer I use the default until I find a good RP-ish Texture pack.
Suspiciously cheesy man sighted on east pier at 9pm.

Xerdun

Okay sorry i didn't mean to cause offence with this!

To me it just looks super realistic, doesn't lag at all and looks absolutely stunning, I didn't realise that not having the right texture pack was such a crime, merely opening peoples' eyes to the joys of texture packs as I knew next to nothing about them til today and I'm sure someone may appreciate it

Archangel94

RanmaChan

Minecraft isn't supposed to have awesome graphics, that is not the point of the game.
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

Xerdun

Peoples' attitudes are really getting to me today. The game may not have been created with high graphics in mind, but if they're available, and it looks better, and its fun for me to play using them, and its not actually affecting anyone else, why is it such a massive issue how the game is meant to be played? For example I could quite easily have not chosen to share something with people, something that I thought someone might not know about and appreciate, and you would never have known that I 'wasn't playing properly'. I don't care if this isn't how other people want their game to look, that's cool, you play however you want, the purpose of this thread was simply to highlight something awesome.

Also I don't think until you've tried it you have the right to bash something, unless its causing you or someone else harm, that it is not. There seems to be a real problem with people on this forum not quite understanding that, just because they don't like something, doesn't mean other people can't enjoy it and share it at the hopes of bringing enjoyment to other people. I was not forcing my gaming option onto anyone. I don't understanding why everyone else needs to force theirs on me. Share, sure. Force upon, no. Believe it or not you're not the only people in the world.

geccoy

The reason people are annoyed is because you, along with other people, having been filling up the forums with complete garbage.
No one needs to make a whole thread about this.
Just post it in the discussion thread we have.

Xerdun

No I disagree. The entire point as I saw it, of medieval fantasy roleplay is to create a realistic believable world in which we can roleplay believable characters. Now surely by increasing the realism and offering it to other people that's not a bad thing?

No one else mentioned about the forum being cluttered up and frankly, somewhere other than the factions thread needs to be posted in for a change. I admit, this probably should have been in the discussion thread, but no doubt Ragolution would have dragged his Santa sized bag of anger in there and said something much the same.

If its REALLY that offensive to everyone, then delete it. Its really not that much of an issue, I'm sorry for sharing my mind, trust me, i won't bother on the forum again.

geccoy

Just post in the discussion forum.
This would all be fine if it wasn't clogging up the forum.
Its why we have one.

Xerdun

Quote from: Xerdun on 05-05-2011I admit, this probably should have been in the discussion thread

If you can delete this thread then please do, we'll say no more about it

Paintcheck

Ragolution and Ranma: Shut the fuck up. If you don't want to use the texture pack, then don't. Don't yell at him for playing the game the way he wants to.

Demonizer877

Well I have been using this texture pack anyway so I also think it makes the game look 10x more epic even if those of us don't. I'm annoyed that this has happened way more than once as my second post ever on the forum was addressing an issue like this where people were saying someone elses idea was a piece of shit. Yet again it's making people not want to share on the forums and both times it included a certain person (you don't really need to guess). Stop shooting down peoples ideas and likes, it's annoying. Nuff said.
Awesomeness is the best trait one can have

theminininja

How mad would you guys be if I said I used the Pokémon texture pack for multiplayer?

Demonizer877

There's a Pokemon texture pack  :o I want it, post a link.
Awesomeness is the best trait one can have

Tom

Rago, Ramna, Geccoy, you are all elitist as fuck, I ought to have your admin removed for being so elitist, such elite-ism pisses me off to a high degree, Knock it off or I'll knock you all off. . . And its YOU guys spamming the forums now with garbage by spamming every new player or whatever with "HOLY FUCK YOUR A DUMB N***** AND SHOULD KILL YOURSELF FOR THINKING THAT!!! NO OPINIONS!!! WE ARE THE MASTER RACE", seriously get the fuck out or straighten the fuck out.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

RanmaChan

What the hell are you talking about Tom?  All I did was state that the point of minecraft is to not have super-high quality graphics like all the games do nowadays.  In what other area have I posted that makes me elitist?

Quote from: Tom on 06-05-2011
"HOLY FUCK YOUR A DUMB N***** AND SHOULD KILL YOURSELF FOR THINKING THAT!!! NO OPINIONS!!! WE ARE THE MASTER RACE", seriously get the fuck out or straighten the fuck out.

What, the, fuck, are you talking about?  When have I ever said anything like that?  Are you alright?

Tom

Quote from: Ragolution on 05-05-2011
God this is awful.
I hate people who think minecraft needs a 256x256 texture pack. No one cares
Jesus christ, get something that looks nice, runs clean and works.
Quote from: RanmaChan on 05-05-2011
Minecraft isn't supposed to have awesome graphics, that is not the point of the game.    Good don't DL it if you don't like it move on
Quote from: geccoy on 05-05-2011
The reason people are annoyed is because you, along with other people, having been filling up the forums with complete garbage. <---- Only you, Ramna, Rag seem to give a fuck where this is posted, don't be an ass
No one needs to make a whole thread about this.
Just post it in the discussion thread we have.
Quote from: geccoy on 05-05-2011
Just post in the discussion forum.
This would all be fine if it wasn't clogging up the forum. Its not a big deal, stop posting please.
Its why we have one.

Also I distinctly remeber something with at least 2 of you mentioned where you guys moved an entire city and RP amongst yourselves cause playing with everyone else is just dirty.

/end discussion

/ontopic

I think this Model pack has some issues, I personally won't DL it since I lack space on my laptop as it is.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

RanmaChan

You only quoted me once, and in it I was stating my honest opinion about the game.  If anything, you are the one saying:

Quote from: Tom on 06-05-2011
NO OPINIONS!!!

I am going to give my two cents on what he posted, if you disagree with it don't call me elitist, call it a divergence of opinions.  You are obviously overreacting completely.  I never said anything about where topics are posted.  I actually dislike "General Discussion" threads, as it makes ti hard to find what you are looking for, and people eventually just stop checking the thread, never knowing if it was something new posted or just a response to something old.

Me and Portkins went and built our own city, if that is what you mean?  However, I have created an enter and exit area for when warpgates are added, as well as a road that leads from my spawn to city.  I don't believe I ever said RPing with other people is "dirty."

You also don't have the power to /end discussion if you are going to bring an accusation of this magnitude up.  If you have something you want to say to me, say it where I can respond freely to you, rather then not being allowed to answer, giving you an automatic win.

Ragolution

Khorn

Good to know people argue over opinions still.

Paintcheck

Locked. As an impartial party (by "impartial" I mean I hate most of you equally) I am disgusted with 99% of the posts in the MC forums. Apparently acting like an adult is impossible in Minecraft. As much as it pleases me to hand out hefty bans from the forums it would be nicer if you all would just shut the fuck up and get along. Is it really so hard to not post when your opinions conflict?

Silver Knight

Besides the pathetic bullshit.

Yes that texture pack looks good, bump mapping adds a sense of "feeling" to the texture making it seem 3d. Although my previous use of a texture pack made my minecraft crash frequently.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period