Currency?

Started by Dragonmnaz, 16-05-2011

Dragonmnaz

There are many forms of currency in the server which makes it a bit confusing on how much is what and if its even worth anything. So I believe that we should have some sort of mod installed (Other than Iconomy.) My idea for the mod is pretty simple we add one ore(Silver) and make currency craftable. For example you put a gold ingot in the center of a crafting table and you get X amount of gold coins. The same goes with silver. You may be thinking "But if we add another ore we'll have to restart the map you idiot!" My resolution to this problem would be, just make the mines ourselves. Spawning materials for this would be a legit reason. This could help economy IC and it would force rp like mining and an economy. Also if that mine you have dries up then the chances are your town, city or villages economy will fall forcing a "Depression" like roleplay.

I know this could be hard to use or might not even work, but if it did it would make RP in this server that much more unique and realistic.

PS. Please go easy on me... its just an idea.

Archangel94

I think it sounds like i good idea.

Ralazo

Mods that add new items/ores or resources are only working in singleplayer.

Comradebritish

Gold ingots, or silver (Iron) can be used as currency, diamond aswell. Make a ratio or something, 2 silver ingots make a gold ignot, and 4 gold ingots make a diamond. Towns devoted to mining would be allowed to construct large mines, whereas towns that are a port or farming rich town can make a small quarry.

It can makes things more interesting, changes how towns look, act and what they have to trade. Mining towns would obviously be rich, but they'd have to be built near large mountains, like and actual mine, this way we don't have everyone as a mining town with 2x2 holes in the middle labeled "mine".

Farming towns trade food, paper, wool and other items crafted from mining for minerals/money. Ports make money from transporting all these goods around, of course, caravan services will sporut up for delivering across road networks.

That's my idea for an economy on the server.
Suspiciously cheesy man sighted on east pier at 9pm.

RanmaChan

DEAP already has its own currency, just like we already have our own bank.  Man, we really thought ahead on this stuff. (below is copied from Portkin's original Auctus Provectum post)

Current Exchange Rates:

1 gold dukod = 8 silver dukod | 1 silver dukod = 45 copper idik

2 gold ingots => 1 gold Dukod

8 iron bars => 1 Silver Dukod

1 Redstone Powder <=> 1 Copper Idik
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

Comradebritish

No one uses Dukods, it's a dead currency.
Suspiciously cheesy man sighted on east pier at 9pm.

RanmaChan

Everyone in DEAP uses them.  If someone doesn't, I will eventually find out and, correct, them.
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."