Big Ass Lore Compendium

Started by eroticduck, 20-02-2011

OldManRikdo

Sounds like fun.. hope im on :)

Is the tomb finished IG? If you need any help, let me know, id be happy to help.

Ragolution

You need to schedule this. It's unfair to say "Whenever".

Feerman

Erm. Cool? Not to be a critic, you should set a date, that might provoke people to come on at that time. You might wanna give a little more info about what's gonna happen, and what the benefits are, other than actually just playing. Just a few things.

Feerman

Quote from: ChiefOh on 08-10-2011
Alright folks, construction of the event is complete.
The event will be held Oct 9th at 5 pm EST
If the event does not have enough attendance due to this hastily set date
I will hold the event at the same time the following day.

Long ago, during the rise of Ermor, a young blacksmith and builder lived within her walls. His name was Heliziam.
Heliziam, lived a simple life building and smithing only to survive. However, he was was like any other at both the crafts. His buildings, seemed to glow with beauty, and his armor never seemed to crack or wear. It was not long until the Emperor took notice of his work. He commissioned him to make a tomb like no other and a brilliant set of armor. Heliziam did as the Emperor commanded him, He created a monument and tomb filled with traps and puzzles, to ensure the emperor would rest enternally undisturbed. The armor he slaved to create, shined a brilliant gold and weighed next to nothing. The Emperor was pleased, although he grew paranoid of Heliziam's knowledge, and in an effort to ensure no other would ever have armor or a tomb to match, he had Heliziam executed. Mere days after the emperor had him executed, dawned in his golden armor, the Emperor suddenly died. He was entombed still wearing his armor. As the ages passed, the memory of the once great Emperor, and Heliziam faded into time.....

Until now.

And Fuck you Feer. This quest involves, puzzles, traps and a treasure.

FUCK YOU TOO. Asswipe...

RanmaChan

Quote from: Feerman on 08-10-2011
Quote from: ChiefOh on 08-10-2011
Alright folks, construction of the event is complete.
The event will be held Oct 9th at 5 pm EST
If the event does not have enough attendance due to this hastily set date
I will hold the event at the same time the following day.

Long ago, during the rise of Ermor, a young blacksmith and builder lived within her walls. His name was Heliziam.
Heliziam, lived a simple life building and smithing only to survive. However, he was was like any other at both the crafts. His buildings, seemed to glow with beauty, and his armor never seemed to crack or wear. It was not long until the Emperor took notice of his work. He commissioned him to make a tomb like no other and a brilliant set of armor. Heliziam did as the Emperor commanded him, He created a monument and tomb filled with traps and puzzles, to ensure the emperor would rest enternally undisturbed. The armor he slaved to create, shined a brilliant gold and weighed next to nothing. The Emperor was pleased, although he grew paranoid of Heliziam's knowledge, and in an effort to ensure no other would ever have armor or a tomb to match, he had Heliziam executed. Mere days after the emperor had him executed, dawned in his golden armor, the Emperor suddenly died. He was entombed still wearing his armor. As the ages passed, the memory of the once great Emperor, and Heliziam faded into time.....

Until now.

And Fuck you Feer. This quest involves, puzzles, traps and a treasure.

FUCK YOU TOO. Asswipe...

DOUBLE POST WHORE.

Anyways, sounds cool Chief, you ok'd this with Port about the backstory and lore I assume?
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

Ragolution

It was cold. It was bone-cold in this, the oldest city of man. Such was the winter and indeed the specter of autumn, here, neutering the lifeblood of Ermor and exercising any memory of the endless, encouraging heat of the summer. Women and children hustled through the banked streets, looking more alike bears than humans. Lone sellers brave enough to sell what they were unfortunate enough not to sell during the harvest cried with hoarse, desperate voices. Every window of every Inn was aglow that night; nearly 10 hours later all was dark within the city and the winter-pale moon was bowing out of her bleakening sky.

He was the only soul they troubled that night, and would not see sleep.

The winds atop The Grand Bastion howled like no other night, filling the Emperor's ears. Only one man accompanied him that night had been a family guardsman known as "Cerun". They stood atop the city's main gate and both men could see for miles; out into the hinterlands of Old Kondak, beyond the mountains of long-dead Valhalla and into the trees of the beast-man tribes that had be put to the torch. Maximilian had woken at the caw of some rogue crow, complaining into the night, and now he knew why. He called the guardsman to his side and asked him, pointing out into the dark, to confirm what he saw.

Out in the twilit snow, a septet of beings cloaked in the red-gold of some cloth embroidered to look as fire. These men slowly walked through the snow- except...they didn't. Where the fiery-robed men walked, the flakes of winter fled. Snow, ice and water disappeared from where they tread and as they approached, the Imperial Highway was swept clean of snow.

Only one held a torch, the obvious leader of them all, crowned in gold and red crystal, and none glowed with the heat of fire.
The Guardsman shouted alarums at once, rousing the Urban Regiment to come to arms. Soon the Emperor and his loyal men stood within the mouth of The Grand Bastion and the watchmen hauled the mighty steel gate into its place above the causeway.
The first of the group had a long, gray beard that stretched past the hood that masked his face and the torch he held flickered with a queer, blue flame. The armed men regarded the strangers with their lances but yielded the bridge when the Emperor held up a hand.
The crowd of men separated and soon villagers were creeping up the steps and leered at the newcomers.
The leader was the first to pull back his cowl, showing the world their horrible faces. Above the long, gray beard of the Elder was the long, scaly face of some deranged serpent. With elongated heads and lacking ears of any sort, the others revealed their visage as well. Where they might have a nose were the slits of a serpent and when they breathed, a forked tongue flitted out of their mouths with a gentle hiss. Deep within sunken sockets, their eyes were beady and black and were hollow like their words.
Only their leader spoke and lisped as he gave the Emperor his evil, serpentine smile.
"Greetingsssss, Emperor.. We have travelled many milesss to meet your exsssscellence."
Maximilian regarded them with an icy glare and adjusted the frock of his winter coat.
"I will not deny you entrance, beastling, but be warned, I will not tolerate your... teachings."
The snake-men smiled, seemingly all at once, baring their jagged teeth and forked tongues.
"We only teach thossssth who wish to learn. I make that promissssse to you, your greatnessss."
The Emperor scowled at the mocking blow but resisted the present temptation to cast them out.
"Ssso, we passssss? We are much weary from your sssssssnow."
"Just as soon as you tell my me and men just who you are, serpent."
Again jagged smiles flashed with flitting tongues and hissing laughter.
"We are jusssst as you predicted, Emperor Maxsssimilian, we are the Ssssauromansssserss of C'tis, come from the Ssssshadowlandssss to sseek refuge from the barbarian tribesssss. Even there, in our fires, you are well known."
The men shifted on their feet uneasily as the Lizards passed into the city. The leader smiled again as he passed and turned, back to the Emperor, shouting loud enough to wake the city.
"I am the Hierodule known as Sskesisss, Emperor, and let your Gods know that C'tis has come to Ermor!"

meldin

Feerman

:O Cerun FTW!

EDIT:
I'LL BEAT THEIR ASSES!

RanmaChan

Nicely written, still don't like what you have planned. Also got the game reference, good times.
Nvm
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

OldManRikdo

Will you be playing these Sauromansers?  I would love to have my doctor rp with them... he's fairly inquisitive and curious.. and i think he would be interested in whatever it is these lizard people are teaching..

Ragolution

Quote from: OldManRikdo on 16-10-2011
Will you be playing these Sauromansers?  I would love to have my doctor rp with them... he's fairly inquisitive and curious.. and i think he would be interested in whatever it is these lizard people are teaching..

Wait until my next lore snipping, Steel. It's probably THE most important.

Ragolution

The Emperor of Ermor feared no mortal man. That was just his way of life; His faith in the Old Gods was if they wished him to die, guards would do him no good. That was how his Grandfather, Emperor Pius Tillius, lived his life, and so that was how he deigned to live his.  It was yet another cold night, and the stars twinkled above the blankets of cumulus that obscured the moon's light. Gentle flakes of snow flurried down on Ermor, the god of frost resting his fleece on her shoulders. 
The Emperor sat now, at an oaken table in the Ermorian Library, scratching notes on propulsion and air currents as he played with the candle at his desk and the dove's feather in his hand.
Outside, an unfamliar serpentine form slithered through the night's eaves. The robed form of the Hierodule Sskesisss slunk through the winter's night, clearing the walkway of the driven snow and garbed in a black cloak of thier cursed flames.
Emperor Maximillian took hold of the Numisian cross signet that he wore around his neck, wrought of gold and iron in the shape of a double cross, a falcon's form making up the bottom half. The librarian had retired for the evening and the Emperor was alone inside the book-lined hallways. Flakes of snow cluttered onto the glass ceiling as the Emperor looked up at the twilight. He inhaled deeply... and smelled smoke.
Outside, tongues of flame licked up from the foundation of the Library and a robed lizard skittered away just as a mob of rebels charge forward, bearing torches... then instead turn and run, the fires blazing with some inhuman fury.

Bl★ck Star

Good Night Sweet Prince

Demonizer877

See guys perhaps if you all hadn't just stood there and helped me douse the flames he wouldn't have died. This also makes me realise that we need some form of firefighter job.
Awesomeness is the best trait one can have

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: Demonizer877 on 25-10-2011
See guys perhaps if you all hadn't just stood there and helped me douse the flames he wouldn't have died. This also makes me realise that we need some form of firefighter job.

I'll deal with a firefighter job later.

Feerman

So the rebellion begins!
FIGHT FOR THE TRUE ERMOR!

emperor bobby

*quietly hums the Novarium theme song.*

Ragolution

Quote from: emperor bobby on 25-10-2011
*quietly hums the Novarium theme song.*

WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED

Falcon Punch

Black Shadow is bobby.

Feerman

[THIS IS A PLACE HOLDER, IT WILL BE REPLACED SOON]

Excerpt from Marcus Cerun III's Journal~

And so she came... 'Alice'. She's a tyrant, took the city by force. Murdered the Emperor, and for what? Greed. Her "army" treats everyone horribly. They retreat to the "Thorn" every so cowardly. They could have least shown some actual fighting power, against our army. I guess it was a sad event waiting to happen. Ermor was a shining beacon of hope and light to the whole world, not just Aceon. I guess we can't have peace, even after so much pain. It is night when I am writing this... at the Barracks in an old abandoned fort. I built it... well, planned it... I was young. It was like yesterday. I was recently promoted to Legatus Dubuos... that is good, I guess. Makes me more of a threat, to the enemy, though. It is cold, frosty even. These halls are silent, well kept and cold as stone.. well they are stone... this was built into a mountain. Back to this Alice... She... she has to go. 

Excerpt a few days later

Agh! Why! We got them... but then she.. she... she was a monster...! She freed them, but some citizens actually... like her! It's crazy.. I'm mortally wounded... god it's hot.. so hot...
I will meet her in battle.. tomorrow... at the Top of Ermor... we will fight, to end it...

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: Feerman on 26-10-2011
I will meet her in battle.. tomorrow... at the Top of Ermor... we will fight, to end it...

meldin

I stand by you, Marcus!

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: meldin on 26-10-2011
I stand by you, Marcus!

I want to see a fair 1 vs 1, so no helping.

Feerman

meldin

ill still stand by you, just from 20 metres away....

Ragolution

As soon as the rebels took over, the scourge-barons of C'tis fell ontop them. After assassinating the Emperor they were only a step away from taking over.

What happened was there was a giant battle with all the rebels and the C'tis and in the end, the rebels won.

C'tis used magic, thus craters.

Most of C'tis' magic was Death and Nature Magic.

This was something I planned for a while, but I didn't think it'd happen this way.

Whatever, right?

Shruuug.

Anyway, you're all free to go back to the methodology of Old Aceon where everyone can be a soldier who mines and blacksmiths and does alchemy and is a mage, etc etc.

If anyone wants to join my new faction, Pravh, you're welcome to seek me out later today but from the point joining my faction is not compulsory, as Ermor pretty much was.

Quin has gone off to be a Hermit. He's still an admin but he wont be a job nazi anymore.