Big Ass Lore Compendium

Started by eroticduck, 20-02-2011

emperor bobby

If Dantius was still alive, i'd use this as an oppertunity to post his Journal. Tollington isnt as much fun to write about.

TyusT3040

So i guess theres a plugin for that...how do i get it?

LupusCallidus

The End

No one knew why it happened, Valhalla said it was the breath of a mighty dragon sent by Odin, Novarium said it was due to rising temperatures and winds, the Dwarves believed it was the coming of the Great Warden. The Knights of Dalothen spent days in their churches, praying to their God but it didn't leave.
If you were unlucky enough to be outside at this time of calamity, you wouldn't be able to hide from it. There is was, shrouding the once clear, blue sky. A blanket of smoke, ash, fire and lava. Brimstone showering across our realm, burning cities to dust, scorching grown men causing them to scream out like new born babies. The solution from Novarium was to remain in stone buildings and wait for the wind to carry it away. Perhaps if we had listened to then the world would still be alive, flourishing with wild life. Not the barren wasteland our crafts turned it into. But Novarium were always the ones with clear heads. Unfortunately others weren't.

The Horde of Valhalla knew the end was upon us. And what do Vikings do when there's no way to survive. They take every last person down with 'em. The Vikings went to their good friends the Dwarves, the people who'd taught us the ways of rune magic, the way of forging items beyond the power of man. Magnus Frihet told the dwarves that

'No matter if it's The Wardens work of Odin's Dragon our world as we know it is coming to an end. So... we might as well go out with honour and please the Gods. We need to slaughter all non believers of the old Gods. Only then will ours be happy and Accept us into Valhalla and you into your final resting place.'

That alliance probably destroyed the world. The dwarves had mastered the power to use fire water to their advantage. From the Kingdom of Deepground they marched. they marched with our 1000 trained Vikings ready for bloodshed. Taken from all outposts on one final bloodbath. They marched... to the defenceless Free Cities.

Novarium had heard of what was going on in the North and knew will fighting just Valhalla or DKG is one thing... to take on both. They would need help. Novarium went to the realm of Dalothen where the Lord
Admiral himself spoke to King Ruben.

'As you know we do not believe in the old Gods or your God. We allow all to have whatever beliefs they choose, but you and your churches. You are in a far worse position then us my fri-' 

The King raised his hand.

'You seem to forget my Admiral. That I was once a Viking and I was once fighting under the banner of the wolf for Jarl Frihet. Hm, Frihet. Do you know what that means admiral? Of course you don't, you're so blinded when you are threatened. Frihet means Freedom in the old tongue. Magnus was driven out of his realm by dishonour and treachery he fights against oppression and-'

A messenger ran in sweating and out of breath. After a couple of seconds of heavy breathing he stood up straight, bowed to the King, saluted Lord Admiral and started to speak.     

'Sir, the Free Cities are gone. All that's left if a pile of ash and the charred bones of the men living in Free Cities.'

Ruben smiled

'You see Admiral, he is not a savage, he did not kill the women or chil-'

The messenger interrupted him

'Pardon me my lord... but you should really here the rest of this...' After a few seconds of silence he continues 'The women were raped... as well as some children, then they were all bound and taken away to be sold into slavery. Some have been forced to fight in their ranks... and some, er, kept, er to...'

Ruben screamed.

'Out with it lad!'

'Be eaten... if the food scavenged from Free Cities runs out...'

The Lord Admiral smiles half heartedly as he is disheartened by the news but.

'You see now King. His name may mean freedom. And he may be against oppression but only to his own kind. Everyone else could rot for all the cares. Where is he heading now messenger?'

The messenger looks hesitant but speaks.

'To Victory Bay sir.'

The Lord Admiral suddenly looks a lot more serious... and dark

'Ruben I trust you will come with us to Victory Bay, the slaughter and massacre of our civilians will not! Happen. So this time I'm not asking. I'm telling you, The Realm of Dalothen will fight with us! And we shall crush the Horde of Valhalla!'

Screams of happiness are heard from the Novarium navy. Ruben says

'You didn't have to tell me. Magnus... has changed. He probably doesn't even remember me, or any of his allies. Free Cities were allied with the Horde. And he slaughtered them. We will , march with you admiral... we will march.'

Novarium and the Realm of Dalothen travelled back to Victory Bay by ship, and arrived seeing the Horde marching to their gates. King Ruben looked hesitant. The Admiral noticed and said.

'Stop worrying Ruben we are protected by the walls of Victory Bay, and its cannons. They'll be dead before they even reach the city.'

Ruben still worried replied

'No admiral, they are Vikings and dwarves. The people you call savages may be savages but they do not fear death. They will run at the walls with no hesitation from the cannons. They outnumber us... they don't have civilians. All people living in the Deepgrounds of Valhalla are Warriors. Without our civilians fighting the odds are against us.'

The Admiral looked slightly disappointed.

'Ruben, I'm not making my untrained civilians fight. And you forget we are defending. It'll be like fighting a quarter of their army!'

Ruben looking slightly angry now

'You don't get it! He may be a savage but he's not dumb... he'll force you out of your city somehow...'

Just then they heard Magnus scream out.

'Warriors, we have come here to gain the approval from our god and get into the afterlife. Though our goal is the afterlife we are not here to die. We must take blood. We are true warriors! They cower in their forts and their ships, fighting behind technology from far away. We bring the battle to our faces. We stare death in the eyes. And thrush a sword into it.' Magnus now turns to Victory Bay 'While they hide! Come out and fight like true men. On an open battle field. The army and navy of Novarium are meant to be the best in the world. They why? Why do you need the advantage of walls? Come out Admiral and show your men that you're a true leader. Come out and prepare to die!'

With that Magnus smashed his axe into his shield. The admiral looked to Ruben. They could hear the pounding of the whole horde smashing their weapons into their shields. Ruben said.

'I told you. And he's right. If you don't go out your men won't respect you. They'll think you are a coward and will not accept you as their leader. And an army fighting without a leader... even inside walls will die. You must go out victory bay. Command bravery and take the battle there.'

Without a word the Admiral stood and turned to his army.

'We are leaving the city!'

The cheers of Victory Bay surprised the Admiral.., he was glad to have Ruben by his side.

The Army of Novarium now marched towards the horde. And without any warning the horde came streaming down the hills. Yet... at least some of the horde did. Novarium started volleying musket rounds into those running down, death everywhere. Without struggle. But then one got too close to the Lord Admiral and he had to use his bayonet. It sliced cleanly through the non armoured person. Non Armoured? The Admiral took a closer look. It was a farmer of Free Cities... with a rusty sword stabbed through his hand... gagged. It was a diversion. He looked around and saw the true horde. Almost 1500 men behind him running towards him. He screamed

'Turn around! Turn around! It's a trap!'

But as they did it was too late. Bayonets are no match for swords and Axes. Almost a hundred men died instantly. So they retreated from where the Free City slaves had come. But as they ran they saw... the dwarves of DKG pouring lava down the hills... they were trapped. This is when Ruben took command.

'All knights surround the Novariums! Use your armour and shields to protect them as they volley rounds over you. They wear no armour, exploit that!'

This worked. Hundreds of Vikings were slaughtered as they ran onto the swords of Dalothian Knights, or getting hit by Musket balls.  But they were too much. Slowly knight after knight died and their ranks were growing thin... as the last knight fell only Ruben remained in armour. The Horde swarmed in and slaughtered the remaining Novariums... at a price. Bayonets proved deadly weapons. And by the end only 100 vikings Ruben, and the Admiral remained. Magnus had both with blades to their necks.

'You fought well, and almost won. Perhaps if you had worshipped the right gods this wouldn't have happened... but it did and-'

The Lord Admiral burst out laughing. Magnus enraged hit him with the handle of his axe shattering his jaw. But still laughter. Magnus screamed.

'What are you laughing at?'

And the Admiral still laughing replied.

'You killed us all. Every last person, the civilians of Free Cities, the Civilians of Novarium. And I will be smiling. When you slit my throat because I know that you and your army will go through the food in Victory bay in a week, then you will die, slowly. With pain and disease.' The Admiral stood up the blade on his throat causing him to bleed. 'And I will look down on you. You insignificant savage. And laugh.'

With that he ripped his head to the right and killed himself on the blade that kept him hostage. Then Ruben spoke.

'Magnus... do you remember the time you told me of your fight. Before Aceon. Back in the north. You told me of how you were betrayed and how you have come down to fight with honour and teach people that not all men of the north are savage... well you failed.'

And with that Ruben ripped his head to the right and also killed himself on the blade that kept him hostage.

And the Admiral was right... the reaming horde went through all the food. And died slowly through famine and disease in much pain. And as the last Viking took his final breath. The sky cleared and he saw the sun. And though...

'We were all wrong.'
Titan Motstand

Maxi96203

*Ahem*

I believe Corporals and above have armor, and some of us also choose to carry swords (Like myself.)

You also didn't master the Admiral's personality at all, he isn't a gentleman, he's a complete douche, hence why I call him "Trollington."

No. Just, no.

We also outnumber you, so you have 1500 suddenly come up and ambush us? No.
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Demonizer877

I agree with you Maxi, but it was written by someone who doesn't know the characters well enough. No-one would be able to make the ending perfect. You would have to know every character perfectly. Although it's a fitting ending, there are always going to be flaws. Like the fact that Tollington would have gone straight for the general and not the mass army to lower morale. The leaving the city was a nice touch, and the numbers don't really make sense but still. Although what I would have liked is to say how my character went out. Perhaps every time we restart the map it could be an alternate ending to Aceons people?
Awesomeness is the best trait one can have

geccoy

This was also written without approval by the administration board.
Hence, I would say this would be all void.

Turkey

Quote from: geccoy on 25-06-2011

Also add. The Legion with its 1/1 Members stormed Vallhala and Novarium Slaughtered everyone and ran out

LupusCallidus

Lol you guys hate on different levels. Geccoy this isn't official this is like just if the world gets wiped without an ending a compramise. and yeah demon i dont know you guys too well I just generalized the British 1700 Navy which didn't have armour. If you don't want to use this ending dont. I was putting forward my idea. Not saying it is what happened. 
Titan Motstand

LupusCallidus

Quote from: Maxi96203 on 25-06-2011
*Ahem*

I believe Corporals and above have armor, and some of us also choose to carry swords (Like myself.)

You also didn't master the Admiral's personality at all, he isn't a gentleman, he's a complete douche, hence why I call him "Trollington."

No. Just, no.

Well, I figured that we outnumber you. Because novarium have civilains while every Civilian of Valhalla fights in the army.. so your population is larger but our army is bigger. If i was wrong sorry but still...
Titan Motstand

Maxi96203

Quote from: LupusCallidus on 25-06-2011
*Ahem*

No. Just, no.

Well, I figured that we outnumber you. Because novarium have civilains while every Civilian of Valhalla fights in the army.. so your population is larger but our army is bigger. If i was wrong sorry but still...

Yes, but when did you get millions of soldiers, and then 15000 warriors? Hmm?

Demonizer877

Not to mention the navy would be on boats bombarding the vikings with cannons... But seriously come on. How the hell is he meant to know everything Novarium has and would do in a war situation? If you take in everything that Novarium has and would have done in the story. Then Novarium have won, because of their navy fighters and soldiers on the ground. Freecities wouldn't have fought, DKG didn't really fight they just poured lava down the hills. That would mean the vikings would have been killed and then the world wouldn't have ended, which was the whole point of the story...

TotalHawk

you mad bro!

Nice story Apache, good to see people making stories and Rping and trying to have fun not just putting hate/unneeded comments on threads.

LupusCallidus

Err i thought i wrote 1500 people... 1000 from Valhalla 500 from the dwarves... what? Is that unreasonable?
Titan Motstand

emperor bobby

lupus Exagerated the numbers, For an IC dramatic story, it wouldnt be as good if it had 15 vikings, 4 novarium, and 6 knights, would it? I liked it, but you didn't get my character right, But it's fine, i think we've only met 3 times ic.

Demonizer877

Can we have some sort of competition where people post their endings and then other people (like I was doing) judge them and then at the end we all choose the best one?

Archangel94

It seems like your guys dont want to die.

LupusCallidus

The comp sounds cool... but will we base it on story or accuracy because even though my story was inaccurate as hell it was still pretty badass
Titan Motstand

Demonizer877

Both, a good story will have accuracy and also have to be badass. Lucas's only failed on one front. Although rather massively I'm afraid...

LupusCallidus

Err Ben not Lucas... And i realsed that... so how big is the novarium army/navy/loyalists anyway?
Titan Motstand

N3gativezero

Becase of the numbers of people on MCRP, we tend to scale things up by about 100. So if a 5 VS 5 fight happens, story-wise it'd be 500 VS 500. That being said, novarium was an army of about 300 men, 200 Auxilarys, and roughly 600 crewmen.
To loot, lulz and SCIENCE!

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: geccoy on 25-06-2011

Geccoy, why do you even care, you aren't even playing on the server anymore.

Bfranx

i dont think this will go with novarium, since we are supposed to be going back in time, if the server is wiped lol.
Authority does not grant maturity.
Power cannot replace ignorance.

Maxi96203

The comp sounds cool... but will we base it on story or accuracy because even though my story was inaccurate as hell it was still pretty badass

Not really.

"SO, GIANT STORMS, BURNING, STONE HOUSES, WARS FOR NO REASON, NOVARIUM <3 DALOTHEN, LULZ VALHALLA WEENZ.

LupusCallidus

Not really.

"SO, GIANT STORMS, BURNING, STONE HOUSES, WARS FOR NO REASON, NOVARIUM <3 DALOTHEN, LULZ VALHALLA WEENZ.

as much as i like your intelectually stimulating conversation Im afraid i must finish you. The whole point of this story was that yes Valhalla did 'ween' the battle but they lost the war (sorry for cliche) they doomed the world and ended up killing themselves. A tragic climax.
Titan Motstand

HitMan5523

I actually really liked the story Lupus.
I'm hip! What are you talking about!