Big Ass Lore Compendium

Started by eroticduck, 20-02-2011

LupusCallidus

err... Turkey was never a viking Bobby... though we all wish he was :D
Titan Motstand

Feerman

N3gativezero

Event is now over. Even though many didnt show up (you know who you are), good job everyone.
To loot, lulz and SCIENCE!

Bfranx

aww man, i missed it! :S
Authority does not grant maturity.
Power cannot replace ignorance.

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: Bfranx on 06-06-2011
aww man, i missed it! :S

Same, needed to study.

Maxi96203

Entry 1,

Dearest journal,

Today, as every other day, was utterly boring, though I heard of a false soldier who put a sign tempting war between the Horde of Valhalla, and the Expedition. I sent for the vikings, and discussed how it was not us, and then they took me to their city. They are quite the friendly people, and civilized, for vikings, they let us eat, and sleep, in their inn. Then we get to business, they offered us an alliance, which I shall tell the replacement Lord-Admiral about, but that is all.

Major F. C. McHugh
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

mrkddsmn

Oh. The event already happened?

mrkddsmn

... Well, I went into hell today and discovered some bugs. In some places, blocks can't be placed, even though it's just the wilderness. Maybe the coordinates from "earth" also protect them in hell.

Teleporting home teleports to the hell coords in earth. Then you have to teleport again to go home.

Also, someone tell Bobby that planting mushrooms was a VERY BAD idea, as the WHOLE NETHER IS COVERED WITH THEM!!! -_- It's very annoying and stuff.
--> This could be used for RP though. Since the Nether is hell, the mushrooms could be a poisonous virus that was spawned by Netherlings because of the amount of the living in a place where only dead should exist. It is their intention to poison all humans who enter and have them spread it to their world. The virus grants control of their bodies to the daemons.

Comradebritish

For one, that teleporting home thing isn't really a problem bro. Second, mushrooms grow in the nether naturally and no, the virus is a powergamy idea that reaks of poor thought.
Suspiciously cheesy man sighted on east pier at 9pm.

mrkddsmn

I don't think they grow in the Nether naturally, because I've never seen the Nether COVERED EVERYWHERE in mushrooms before this. Also, someone told me the Emperor_Bobby planted them.

And the event possibility is getting good responses in the forum for EVENT SUGGESTIONS. Go there.

emperor bobby

mushrooms grow naturally in the nether, whoever said i planted them Was only partially correct, i planted Samples in novarium's lab, ones i had picked from the Ground Outside the lab. so. its not my fault.

mrkddsmn

well, however it happened, the Nether is ruined with them. I suggested an event in the proper forum that could use this.

Sir_Therim

uhhh... mushrooms spawn naturly (excuse spelling) in the nether, with the recent update, mushrooms spread, because the nether is entirely dark, it is quite possible that the nether will be a hell covered in mushrooms, rather than a hell with a couple of splotches of mushrooms
Its a trap!

mrkddsmn

according to Notch, they are supposed to spread slowly. I don't think they are slow enough.

Andrew Weasley

If you think about it, the server is always up (ironicly not right now :P) so the mushrooms are going to spread SLOWLY but all the time. Say you play singleplayer, you don't run your singleplayer game 24/7 like a multiplayer server. So as long as the server is up the mushrooms in the nether will be spreading slowly. Its no ones fault at all. No one ruined the Nether, no one is to blame (possibly Notch for allowing them to BE in the Nether and for them to spread.)

So yeah, just deal with it.
Keep on keepin on. Lifes a garden, dig it.
Minecraft: Axxal
Steam: call_me_axx

geccoy

Solis Fesitivus - The Sun Festival

A celebration of the Sun, during its favored season, Summer. It is said that the God Solis, who resides within the Sun and provides it with it's energy, sings unbidden for the Summer, as his sister, Luna, steps down from the favored pedestal, awaiting next Winter, filling the world with positive warmth and energy.
   Ringmaster Aurea of the Solis Fesitivus, travels from city to city with her band of dancers, acrobats, and other entertainers. The arrival of the Novarium colonials, a nation whose capitol, is preserved in a permanent twilight from it's factories has led Ringmaster Aurea to set up this year's festival within Victory Bay, to welcome Solis, and embrace the city in his glory.

Rules

- This event is open to everyone. If you would like to be part of the entertainment, please post below, or PM me. These characters will only be used during that day. Then, they will be terminated.

- All races are allowed, despite past prejudices.

-  This event is occurring the 24th.

Guidelines

- As an entertainer, you are, or should be, very ferverous about Solis, an attempt to be comedic, and, seek the pleasure of the audience.

- As a viewer, the city is unnaturally warm, and filled with sunlight. The sunlight is radiant, filling you with joy, and peace. This is a time of pleasure, and to be entertained. All biases and slander towards other races, this being from the human perspective, is not done on this day.

andrewhatesyou

STALKER RP
Lt.Ivan Kutz-ALIVE-Military
Vladimir Kutz-ALIVE-Merc
FALLOUT RP
John Serio-ALIVE-Senior Initiate

geccoy

LupusCallidus

Quote from: Andrew Weasley on 19-06-2011
If you think about it, the server is always up (ironicly not right now :P) so the mushrooms are going to spread SLOWLY but all the time. Say you play singleplayer, you don't run your singleplayer game 24/7 like a multiplayer server. So as long as the server is up the mushrooms in the nether will be spreading slowly. Its no ones fault at all. No one ruined the Nether, no one is to blame (possibly Notch for allowing them to BE in the Nether and for them to spread.)

So yeah, just deal with it.

Im glad someones logical. And tbh... what harm are the mushrooms actually doing?
Titan Motstand

Demonizer877

They're not harming anyone they're just an eyesore. If you visit the nether it can ruin the atmosphere for some I suppose...
Awesomeness is the best trait one can have

geccoy

Bump.
Entertainers are needed, or there will be no event.

Demonizer877

I'll be an entertainer. I can turn that warehouse into a fun house!

geccoy

Feerman

Aceon Census

I always wonder "How did he get that scar?" Or "Where's he from?" And now, you can answer!
Just post your Char's backstory here. Simple or a full blown novel, I don't care. I personally
love reading stuff like that.

If you hate writing lots, take this... "questioner quiz"

Name:
Left:
Ended up in Aceon:
Other:

Simple really. Just be imaginative. I make amendments to my char's story, depending on the place, time and events. I always keep a few extra skins handy to represent scenes.

A good skin editor (if you don't have one, and want to edit) is: http://www.minersneedcoolshoes.com
Hope you post, and hope you like!
You can even post, pictures of the area (roughly) or draw isles/continents/etc. in a photo editor/creator.

I go way deep, so if you are like me, well... glad to know I'm not the only one *Crowd laughs and applauses*

Well, enjoy!

If people rate your story up by commenting "Oh [Insert OOC name's] story is awesome!" "That's so leet!" "N00b you need some ski115! BIATICH!"

Yeah.. I will post it up here.

Also, if I think it's really THAT GOOD, I'll post it up here. Plus, keep in mind, the "questioner quiz" fill outs will probably not be up here, unless it's REALLY good, probably not.

I will research on a book mod for the server.

Try to keep the comments, mainly backstory.

I will ask a BlackStar if there is anything he wants to do with this, maybe a competition or something.

Stories ~ Aceon Census Book 1
Sandred - Demonizer: Sandreds climb to power had been set very early on in his life. As a young boy he had always been interested in the complex way that the world he lived in operated. Eventually, as he grew older he started to research shipping in the top university at the time. The year he left university his family suffered a small tragedy. His late uncle Fertyl had passed away leaving his job as the guard to a small Novarium vessel open. Sandred leapt at the opportunity deciding that shipping may not be the job for him, and perhaps he would enjoy a life of fighting more.

Unfortunately Sandred was never properly trained in the art of warfare and so whilst the vessel named "The Jewel of Industry", was making its way across hostile waters. It was brutally attacked by Pirates. Sandred watched horrified as the men he had worked with were butchered and skewered around him. Luckily he had been assigned to protect the captain of the ship at the time of the attack. The captain "Yolgar" had fought his way to the edge of the ship and had jumped overboard. Sandred made the split second decision to follow.

They swam for miles and eventually reached land though extremely tired and exhausted. Yolgar had suffered a small wound in the battle which had become infected in the polluted waters meaning his condition was now life threatening. He was sent to the nearest doctor and treated by having the wound (on his leg), amputated. Sandred suffered a minor head injury but nothing more. Yolgar was a very un-honourable man though and took vengeance against the young guard blaming him for his leg and ordered his men to kill him. Sandred however, had already fled the city. Word had gotten around that Yolgar might want Sandred dead, so he had used his common sense and had left.

Sandred spent his next few days in a tavern betting with the local low lifes until one day a very rich man opened the door. The man entered very casually and swayed up to the barkeep. Meanwhile five thieves had appeared from behind the man and started to harass him. When the man continued to protest one of the thieves pulled out a knife. Sandred knew neither why he had done it nor how. But he swiftly pushed aside a man walking past, un-holstered the gun from the same man and fired a shot straight through the heart of one of the thieves. The other four thieves descended on Sandred and he was hopelessly outnumbered. Sandred closed his eyes and waited for the inevitable. Whilst his eyes were closed two men had stepped forward; one giant armed with a mace and another small alert man wielding a cutlass and a cape. They expertly dispatched the group of men and rescued the startled man. Sandred opened his eyes to find five thieves dead at his feet and two armed men holding weapons menacingly at his chest.

Demonizer877

Part 1 of Sandreds backstory:

Sandreds climb to power had been set very early on in his life. As a young boy he had always been interested in the complex way that the world he lived in operated. Eventually, as he grew older he started to research shipping in the top university at the time. The year he left university his family suffered a small tragedy. His late uncle Fertyl had passed away leaving his job as the guard to a small Novarium vessel open. Sandred leapt at the opportunity deciding that shipping may not be the job for him, and perhaps he would enjoy a life of fighting more.

Unfortunately Sandred was never properly trained in the art of warfare and so whilst the vessel named "The Jewel of Industry", was making its way across hostile waters. It was brutally attacked by Pirates. Sandred watched horrified as the men he had worked with were butchered and skewered around him. Luckily he had been assigned to protect the captain of the ship at the time of the attack. The captain "Yolgar" had fought his way to the edge of the ship and had jumped overboard. Sandred made the split second decision to follow.

They swam for miles and eventually reached land though extremely tired and exhausted. Yolgar had suffered a small wound in the battle which had become infected in the polluted waters meaning his condition was now life threatening. He was sent to the nearest doctor and treated by having the wound (on his leg), amputated. Sandred suffered a minor head injury but nothing more. Yolgar was a very un-honourable man though and took vengeance against the young guard blaming him for his leg and ordered his men to kill him. Sandred however, had already fled the city. Word had gotten around that Yolgar might want Sandred dead, so he had used his common sense and had left.

Sandred spent his next few days in a tavern betting with the local low lifes until one day a very rich man opened the door. The man entered very casually and swayed up to the barkeep. Meanwhile five thieves had appeared from behind the man and started to harass him. When the man continued to protest one of the thieves pulled out a knife. Sandred knew neither why he had done it nor how. But he swiftly pushed aside a man walking past, un-holstered the gun from the same man and fired a shot straight through the heart of one of the thieves. The other four thieves descended on Sandred and he was hopelessly outnumbered. Sandred closed his eyes and waited for the inevitable. Whilst his eyes were closed two men had stepped forward; one giant armed with a mace and another small alert man wielding a cutlass and a cape. They expertly dispatched the group of men and rescued the startled man. Sandred opened his eyes to find five thieves dead at his feet and two armed men holding weapons menacingly at his chest.