Started by Archangel94, 09-09-2011

Archangel94

Archangel94

I hope you guys know we have to make a new map when 1.8 is released to get the new biomes and new dungeons.

Feerman

Quote from: Archangel94 on 10-09-2011
I hope you guys know we have to make a new map when 1.8 is released to get the new biomes and new dungeons.

Yes, OR (I like making a new map, and just pasting Ermor more) we can tediously explore past the game world already generated and hope that some of the 1.8 biomes, ravines, dungeons, and maybe a stronghold might spawn.

Archangel94

Quote from: Feerman on 10-09-2011

Yes, OR (I like making a new map, and just pasting Ermor more) we can tediously explore past the game world already generated and hope that some of the 1.8 biomes, ravines, dungeons, and maybe a stronghold might spawn.

Well yeah just MCedit it.
And im thinking about making an "event" with dungeon exploration, just for fun

Andrew Weasley

Just to let you two know, I offerd the idea to Quin before and he said that even the spawning in of The Thorn almost crashed the server. Something of that sized almost crashed the server, it would be impossible to copy and paste the whole entire city of Ermor. Although I wish it was possible, its not likely. Also I am on the fence on whether to restart the map or not. I am cool with it but to lose Ermor kinda sucks.
Keep on keepin on. Lifes a garden, dig it.
Minecraft: Axxal
Steam: call_me_axx

Feerman

Quote from: Andrew Weasley on 10-09-2011

Just to let you two know, I offerd the idea to Quin before and he said that even the spawning in of The Thorn almost crashed the server. Something of that sized almost crashed the server, it would be impossible to copy and paste the whole entire city of Ermor. Although I wish it was possible, its not likely. Also I am on the fence on whether to restart the map or not. I am cool with it but to lose Ermor kinda sucks.

You'd be able to copy and pasted, small bits at a time, not the whole bloody city.

RanmaChan

No, all you need to do is go to areas of the map that haven't been generated yet, and it will create new, 1.8 terrain features.
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

nhart96

Quote from: RanmaChan on 11-09-2011

No, all you need to do is go to areas of the map that haven't been generated yet, and it will create new, 1.8 terrain features.

Thank God I don't want to have to start over again

Archangel94

Well then there will be large walls around the old chunks

Paintcheck

Won't that lag horrendously since it will have to retain the generated stuff (Which is probably all over the place) AND THEN generate more? Plus the new stuff will be stupidly far away from anywhere.

Archangel94

Quote from: Paintcheck on 12-09-2011

Won't that lag horrendously since it will have to retain the generated stuff (Which is probably all over the place) AND THEN generate more? Plus the new stuff will be stupidly far away from anywhere.

This man gets it.

RanmaChan

Quote from: Paintcheck on 12-09-2011

No, why would it lag horrendously for using already generated land?  Yes, you would need to go far away to use the new land features, but from what I can tell the only land thing other than biomes are the new dungeons and such, and having to adventure far to get to those makes sense.

Lt.Azrael

I wouldn't mind a restart, as long As I could keep what I have on me, so I could quick grab my diamond/ other minerals and tools, and then when teh restart happens, I'm good to go.

RanmaChan

If the map restarts, everything restarts.  You don't keep anything at all.

Archangel94

I dont really have a problem loosing everything because you get it pretty fast back.

Silver Knight

It will be alittle while yet before this update comes out, so i wouldn't worry about it just yet.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Archangel94

Well 1.8 is now out and i will be playing that for now

Edvyn

I'm in full support of a complete map restart - We can build an even better Ermor from scratch, and it'll be more fun having the 1.8 features near somewhere plausible to get to. Right now I'm having fun engaging in telekinetic combat in singleplayer creative mode!

nhart96

So who has decided to update?

Beano

Me :3
All hope must be disregarded

12:37 PM - Beano #JizzCake: how is babby formed
12:37 PM - SumRandomGuy: once upon a time
12:38 PM - SumRandomGuy: there was this giant big thingy thing
12:38 PM - SumRandomGuy: its called my benis

Gabriel23

Looks like we'll have to start from scratch when 1.9 comes out anyway....
http://www.gamebandits.com/news/pc/minecraft-1-8-date-change-and-1-9-details-announced-15303/

Ragolution

Read my announcement.

After 1.9 we are definitely going to rebuild Ermor but I am going to stall Ermor's reconstruction until then to spare everyone a shard of unnecessary labor.