My Visual Effects

Started by Zombiedance, 14-06-2012

Zombiedance

http://youtu.be/0paGQ2w2q1s

I've done visual effects for quite a while not but haven't really gotten into them to much until recently ( this probably being the first video I've but some real effort into ). I entered it into a contest with hopes to win and get some viewers.

Anyways I just wanted to share and see what you all think of the videos I put up and get some constructive criticism. Also, if any of you have a video idea or anything along the lines post it up and I'll prolly end up doing it eventually, I'm not very good at coming up with ideas...

meetdadoom

I assume you followed this guide

Freddie Wong makes a Video

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Zombiedance

Actually no. I self taught myself a lot of this through trial and error. Also my friends are asses and if there is like a pixel out of place they bitch for hours on end. Everyonce and a while I hopped on youtube and watched professionals videos which always helped. But no I did not copy after Freddie Wong.

Also, this video was supposed to be more a less a joke. Me and friend were going around youtube and finding these videos called like "MW2 LIVE ACTION!" and they had like 3 million views with shit poor effects, no real effort put in, sound effects recorded straight from the game ( with people talking in the background ), ect. I turned to him and said "I bet you I could make a better video with my eyes closes!" so we duct taped a camera onto one of my airsoft guns, went outside, and filmed that. Then I tossed the video together in about one day and entered it into a contest.

- The momentum leading to gunshots was my friends idea

Knife_cz

I liked this one most.
Fus Roh Fuuuuuu

Zombiedance

Quote from: knife_cz on 15-06-2012
I liked this one most.
[saving space]

Thanks, I wish my friend would have tossed himself back more though he just sort of trips backwards hahah

meetdadoom

Heh, film making in general is a lot of fun. I remember my friends and I in Freshman Film Making, we wanted made a Red Dawn short. Our opening scene was in a wetlands park near our school. You saw three russian soldiers talking about the women in the brothel joking around. Then as the men leave the shot, you hear a two shotgun blasts and bodies hitting the ground. That was atleast was supposed to happen.... Some old woman in the nursing home saw my three friends dressed in russian uniforms and thought that the russians were invading. She called 9/11 one patrol officer came, he was pretty chill saying he'll let us off the hook as long as we didn't do it again and all. So my friends and I just ended up doing a weird lego animation the night before and passed with an A :D.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Zombiedance

Quote from: meetdadoom on 15-06-2012
Heh, film making in general is a lot of fun. I remember my friends and I in Freshman Film Making, we wanted made a Red Dawn short. Our opening scene was in a wetlands park near our school. You saw three russian soldiers talking about the women in the brothel joking around. Then as the men leave the shot, you hear a two shotgun blasts and bodies hitting the ground. That was atleast was supposed to happen.... Some old woman in the nursing home saw my three friends dressed in russian uniforms and thought that the russians were invading. She called 9/11 one patrol officer came, he was pretty chill saying he'll let us off the hook as long as we didn't do it again and all. So my friends and I just ended up doing a weird lego animation the night before and passed with an A :D .

Hahahah that is what I'm always worried about. I live near a lot of angry old people who don't like people especially ones under the age of 30. But yeah film making is a blast. I'm going to be starting on a S.T.A.L.K.E.R.-esque video tomorrow. It's pretty much the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. universe... but not hahah it's based in the U.S. with quite a few other differences but not enough to say it's not based of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.. I'm really excited to start it and will make sure to post it here when it's done. The first episode will mainly just be talking but I'm sure it will end with a lot of questions raised ( not in an annoying or bad way ) and people will like it ( I hope... hahah ).

Zombiedance

Made a new video. I like this one quite a bit. Mainly cause it shows progression. My cinematography isn't as bad as normal and my effects look pretty nice. I put a lot of effort into them ( mainly the ball I toss back that blows up... I made a hole 3d scene to set up advanced lighting then I found out it was only like a 3 second scene... I died a bit inside... Anyways lemme know what you think and if you like it subscribe ( pretty please Q.Q )!

http://youtu.be/QtODmtc41y0

Amazingly enough the effects you saw were rather complicated. ( Doesn't mean they looked really pretty ) But for instance the ball I turn and toss is actually set up in a fake 3d environment to cast somewhat realistic lighting. But to make it not take forever to preview I had to remove shadows. This goes for quite a few other scenes.

Zombiedance

The people I made this for liked this so I thought I'd share it.