m2033_moscow

Started by Jazer, 27-07-2011

Jazer

I've been doodling with a 2033 Metro map for a long time; some of it is being scrapped, improved, or kept the same,  but I'm making a more aggressive push this time around because I would like to see some kind of gamemode become of it. I intend to do that by making a demonstration video; showing some of the activities that players in the game world might engage in. The importance is showing you everything to better explain the idea of the gamemode.  There is currently no plans for the video coming soon, but I do hope to bring some screens of some work-in-progress in the coming week(s).

For now, I will broadly explain the gamemode idea with words, particularly why it's different:

If you were a spectator of this gamemode and had no knowledge of how the game works, then you would think players were role playing. That's because player's moral choices and actions are being throttled by rewards and consequence. The key is using incentive to drive a realistic behavior in players. So is it roleplay? Well in those regards, yes and no.

Frostee

Hmm, interesting.

Caso

Oh! Cant wait to see the map you have been working on. Will it have the whole large tunnel systems along with an above ground scene?

Entrusting concept with the game mode. Its a cool idea but I am rather skeptical about it. I cant say anything about it as it's just a hint on what you have done. But if it's a gamemode done by choices while rping? I donno...
I used to be an adventure like you, but then the shadow started chasing me through a castle filled with monsters.

Ket

Awesome!
Would be REALLY cool to make it a Serious Roleplay server.
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)