Hello Community!

Started by silvrstream, 14-05-2011

silvrstream

After consulting a friend of mine, I've decided to try out the Stalker Role play server on HGN. As a new user, I do however have a few things I'd like to mention I feel would improve the process for users to download content. I am currently unaware whether the following has been suggested, but I'll suggest it anyways.

1.Secure SVN Download System for Custom Content.

Instead of uploading all content to megaupload, an SVN link would be a more professional and powerful tool to utilize for organizing and delivering new content to users. Simply providing a link to the tortoise SVN client and providing an easy step-by-step tutorial on where to create a folder in the Garry's mod addon folder would be extremely beneficial.

Updating would be a breeze and a few clicks later, users would be completely updated with the content required. Setting up a repository is easy. Anyone computer savvy would be able to formulate their own server.

This is simply a suggestion. As a new user, I was a severely inclined to move on and not try out the role play server this community offers simply because of the number of steps required to download all the content.

I understand I am a new user, but please do not avoid, ignore this suggestion or simply brush it off as "Oh, that's nice....but it may complicate things". I feel improvement where ever possible should be completed despite the challenges it may present.

For those who read this post fully, thanks for your consideration. I look forward to getting accustomed to the server atmosphere.

jaik

SVN isn't a bad idea. Maybe you should also see if FRP is something you'd like too.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

deluxulous

It's kind of shameful that nobody else suggested SVN yet...

Anyways, welcome.

Paintcheck

Quote from: PistolKid on 14-05-2011
It's kind of shameful that nobody else suggested SVN yet...

Anyways, welcome.

People have in TS. Silver doesn't like it was the reason he gave. Said setting it up was "too complicated. If people can't even extract the stuff into addons properly they won't be able to set up an SVN either" or something like that.

Frostee

Welcome new person

RanmaChan

Welcome to the community!  :D
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."